• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Recomp cycle

Frankdoz

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Do you guys prefer high test or low test for recomp. I know it’s mainly diet but is there any science being more test makes you grow compared to if you did 3-400 mgs of prop you’d add less water ?

I really don’t even understand how a recomp works. And if it really did work all that well then I don’t understand why that isn’t all anybody ever does? Who wouldn’t just want to be constantly adding muscle and cutting fat?

I’m not trying to sound like an ass just genuinely confused about the whole recomp/cut/bulk thing…

I mean I tried to “bulk” my first cycle ate a shit ton of calories and did zero cardio and still lost body fat , and gained muscle…

I think results are going to be dependent on individual. The only way to know for certain is to try it yourself. The two general schools of thought are typically "more test, more muscle sparing while in deficit" and "save the high test for bulking". Both have valid points, imo. I don't think running 500mg EW on recomp is a waste. Just my two cents.

Moderate . I do 300 test ace or Prop when cutting with high dht and 19nor. So around 500mg with a strong recomping compound or mix (tren ace/Npp). Var very versatile while Winny gives me energy and strength.

Max

I really don’t even understand how a recomp works. And if it really did work all that well then I don’t understand why that isn’t all anybody ever does? Who wouldn’t just want to be constantly adding muscle and cutting fat?

I’m not trying to sound like an ass just genuinely confused about the whole recomp/cut/bulk thing…

I mean I tried to “bulk” my first cycle ate a shit ton of calories and did zero cardio and still lost body fat , and gained muscle…

You did add tren at the end of ur cycle which is notorious for melting fat and burning through calories like a wild fire. That being said it was a success because nobody is looking to add body fat while blasting

Small LBM gains. Something to aspire to do when retired

Max
Bulk n Cut

they work incredibly well if they’re done correctly. Skip Hill does this with a lot of clients and it’s generally what I’ve always done instead of straight cutting. It’s also what I have most people do.

Most of the time I stick to higher test. The more I take the better I feel. If somebody was a heavy aromatizer I wouldn’t recommend they run high test because I’m not a fan of more drugs to counteract sides of drugs.

IML Gear Cream!
Most of the time I stick to higher test. The more I take the better I feel. If somebody was a heavy aromatizer I wouldn’t recommend they run high test because I’m not a fan of more drugs to counteract sides of drugs.

So besides gear choices and doses what else do you do that distinguishes your recomp from a bulk or a cut?

So besides gear choices and doses what else do you do that distinguishes your recomp from a bulk or a cut?
I think gear choice is largely unimportant. In a recomp your goal is to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, with drugs in the mix it makes it easier. The basic premise is you eat a couple hundred calories above maintenance for your estimated lean body mass, not body weight. You calculate your protein based off your total body weight. If you go from 200lbs 20% bf to 175-180 at 9-10% bf you’ve gained muscle and lost fat. I think training is more important than gear choice as during this time your goal would be to try and add weight or reps on all lifts. A lot of people fuck this up because they get impatient, don’t train hard enough, or take too many diet drugs which end up burning excess muscle. Unless it’s needed in prep I’m not a fan of diet drugs. What I would do personally is as my cals drop and bf drops I up the drugs. You can get pretty lean doing this, most people won’t get contest lean but there’s no reason over time you can’t get down to around an estimated 9 or 10.

Do you guys prefer high test or low test for recomp. I know it’s mainly diet but is there any science being more test makes you grow compared to if you did 3-400 mgs of prop you’d add less water ?

Low to moderate test, with "very" low tren ace for me when doing a recomp or metabolic reset. And some var in the mix at 40-60mg ED for 6 weeks.
I save the test increase for the next adjustment when cals are increased again, and I ditch the tren ace. I don't use tren often yet if and when I do, that is when I add it.

Basically what people are trying to do is resensitized their metabolism, like a metabolic reset, an example would be if someone is starting to become insulin resistant.
Then it becomes time to begin what we would call a yo-yo diet, and that's when you add and subtract.
It's basically like a system restart, so when you start to make your adjustments again by making increases you're not stagnant and you start to respond much better in lieu of guys hardly responding at all and they're just throwing everything in the kitchen sink into their meals and the only gains that they are making is going right to their glutes and flanks and nothing's being partitioned to the muscle bellies.
The goal is really not to get cut as it's not really a cutter, you simply trying to maintain your muscle mass and if in the event it's an added bonus if you gain some density and walk away 2lbs more with solid gains, while removing some stubborn areas that were acquired over the course of several months.
It's dailing things back and rebuilding again..
Our bodies can't run on all cylinders all the time, we get burnt out and things become stagnant and we hit brick walls.

Low to moderate test, with "very" low tren ace for me when doing a recomp or metabolic reset. And some var in the mix at 40-60mg ED for 6 weeks.
I save the test increase for the next adjustment when cals are increased again, and I ditch the tren ace. I don't use tren often yet if and when I do, that is when I add it.

Low test for sure. Also, I don't think people realize how little Tren can make such great changes. Like I always say more is not better,

Low test for sure. Also, I don't think people realize how little Tren can make such great changes. Like I always say more is not better,

Yeah man in an instance like this a very very little amount is only needed. It's just there as an added bonus to help without being over aggressive.
25mg EOD does wonders. Yet most people have no idea even how powerful 25mg of tren is because of the excessive usage of it that has became acceptable and the new Norm. At 25mg eod the side effects are very minimal. And it's effective for 6 weeks.

Best recomp I ever did.

200 test p per week
200 mast p per week
200 prim per week
50mg var for 6 weeks

Clean diet and transformation was tight and amazing. Shredded to the bone with hardly any water retention.

Guess I'm still Old-school
Bulk or Cut...
25%..gear
25%.Training
50%..Diet.....

No matter of bulk or cutting
Also,finding the right compounds and doses that work for You....thats the Rub
100% training and diet
gear is there to compliment

Get Shredded!
Basically what people are trying to do is resensitized their metabolism, like a metabolic reset, an example would be if someone is starting to become insulin resistant.
Then it becomes time to begin what we would call a yo-yo diet, and that's when you add and subtract.
It's basically like a system restart, so when you start to make your adjustments again by making increases you're not stagnant and you start to respond much better in lieu of guys hardly responding at all and they're just throwing everything in the kitchen sink into their meals and the only gains that they are making is going right to their glutes and flanks and nothing's being partitioned to the muscle bellies.
The goal is really not to get cut as it's not really a cutter, you simply trying to maintain your muscle mass and if in the event it's an added bonus if you gain some density and walk away 2lbs more with solid gains, while removing some stubborn areas that were acquired over the course of several months.
It's dailing things back and rebuilding again..
Our bodies can't run on all cylinders all the time, we get burnt out and things become stagnant and we hit brick walls.
He fucking nailed it. 👍🏻

I just finished a recomp about 3 months ago. Results were actually better than I anticipated. After being off AAS for over 5 years and even being out of the gym for 2 years the recomp was like a kickstart jolt to my restart, if that makes any sense.

He fucking nailed it. 👍🏻

I just finished a recomp about 3 months ago. Results were actually better than I anticipated. After being off AAS for over 5 years and even being out of the gym for 2 years the recomp was like a kickstart jolt to my restart, if that makes any sense.

It makes perfect sense because it made you hypersensitive to everything and now your body can partition nutrients the way it should as the machine that it is.. our bodies are a machine and it wants to do so many different things, we have to keep it in check but we need to remember we can't always run on all cylinders.
👍👍👍

the chances of someone actually being able to recomp is rare... only beginners are usually able to do this

its a waste of time imo i rather focus on bulking or cutting and maximize those to its full potential

the chances of someone actually being able to recomp is rare... only beginners are usually able to do this

its a waste of time imo
i rather focus on bulking or cutting and maximize those to its full potential
WHAT?

Do explain more, please..

its a waste of time imo i rather focus on bulking or cutting and maximize those to its full potential
Yeah I’d love to hear this too. It worked wonders for me and I wasn’t a beginner. And there are plenty others.

It’s only rare if you don’t know what you’re doing or you’re impatient. You think only a beginner can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time? I think more guys on gear recomp while “cutting” than realize it.

It’s only rare if you don’t know what you’re doing or you’re impatient. You think only a beginner can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time? I think more guys on gear recomp while “cutting” than realize it.

This is exactly what it comes down to, there's a lot that guys do that they don't even realize they're doing, an example would be cutting, that's an extreme form of recomping. Well they are not entirely the same but there is many similarities. When people are cutting, for the obvious they are not trying to flatten out, the same would apply for a recomp, it's very likely that the individual is all in favor for trying to stay as full as possible while making sacrifices.
And you nailed it, it's only rare if people have no idea what they're doing, or the lack of experience or a bad coach and impatience and lack of consistency.

The first thing I did after my lay off was complete recomp I hadn’t been in the gym in like 5 years . It worked out really well for me . For me it was more of a breaking in period to get my feet wet again.

Last edited:
The first thing I did after my lay off was complete recomp I hadn’t been in the gym in like 5 years . It worked out really well for me . For me it was more of a breaking in period to get my feet wet again.

Shit man, I can’t imagine what 5 years off did for you. I was an on and off lifter for the last 15 years, kept me in decent shape (for a natty) just a lean, skinny but muscular look. But anyways after my wife got pregnant with our first I completely stopped lifting, ate whatever the fuck I wanted and it was absolutely disastrous after 2 years…

It fucked me up big time . I cold Turkeyed the gear . When I got Into a new career and my milder son came to live with me the gym put on hold . I got fat as fuck . Sloppy trash bro lol . I was never like that before . Always in good shape . Now I’m making the comeback and the plan is to look better in my 30s then I did in my 20s

Back