• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Getting almost half of your protein from milk?

jozifp103

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
To preface this, I'm gradually cutting, so currently I'm eating 2 meals per day plus a shake, snacks, and MILK.

-MEAL 1: A small breakfast - 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, 1 4" protein pancake. (about 30g protein, 30g carbs, 20g fat)
(gym)

-Protein shake (2 scoops) with milk. (about 70g protein, 20g carbs, 10g fat)

-MEAL 2: Varies. (Usually about 50g protein, 50g carbs, 20-30g fat)

-Snacks: Varies (totals to about 20g protein, 50g carbs, 10-20g fat)

-Throughout the day I drink a whole jug of Fairlife 2% milk. It has almost double the protein and half the carbs of regular milk. (about 90g protein, 40g carbs, 30g fat).

fairlife.jpg

So my macros are usually around 260g protein, 190g carbs, 110G fat.

However, about 115g of protein comes from just milk.

How good is milk as a source of protein compared to meat for example? Would you consider this an ok way to get in my protein requirements for the day? Or should I try to get in more whole foods/meats?

I’m gonna guess and say the protein from the milk is fine. When I add up my protein for the day I count it from all sources . Even the bread I eat has a few grams per slice. I don’t drink milk not bc it’s bad I just don’t like it lol . If I did I’d mix it with my shakes too for taste and extra protein.

Ya I don’t see why that would matter. Better then getting half your protein through shakes, they always say getting it from food is better and milk is food, so…

I see a difference in drinking milk or not in guys that are contest ripped. Milk and dairy in general seem to leave a thin layer of something that obscures the muscle that tiny bit which is the difference between peeled and ripped.
Whey isolate is stripped of everything but the protein more or less and I don’t see the issue with it.

But nobody in their right mind would be that particular if they aren’t stepping on stage.

I see a difference in drinking milk or not in guys that are contest ripped. Milk and dairy in general seem to leave a thin layer of something that obscures the muscle that tiny bit which is the difference between peeled and ripped.
Whey isolate is stripped of everything but the protein more or less and I don’t see the issue with it.

But nobody in their right mind would be that particular if they aren’t stepping on stage.
Yea I have heard that dairy fat can contribute to "fatty skin" which is probably what you're referring to. My concern here is more related to protein consumption & bioavailability as it pertains to milk proteins vs solid food protein.

On paper milk is a near perfect bodybuilding food if you base it on IIFYM. It has a solid protein:fat:carbs ratio. So if we go by the macro profile ON PAPER, then theoretically you could build just as good a physique on milk alone as you could with solid foods. But I have a feeling that's not the case. That's more what I'm wondering here.

Perfectly fine. It’s a complete protein source. Im only eating meat once per day 8oz of chicken. The rest of my protein comes from shakes, liquid eggwhites,greek yogurts, and I’m hooked on the peanut butter chocolate cliff bar. Some days the chicken is replaced by a protein shake when I don’t feel like cooking. Doesn’t matter how you get it as long as you get it.

That’s an long held myth. There’s nothing inherently special about dairy that would cause it to do anything as far as prep goes and holding water that wouldn’t happen with other foods that are of equal macros. Luckily like many myths it’s one that being left by the wayside.

That’s an long held myth. There’s nothing inherently special about dairy that would cause it to do anything as far as prep goes and holding water that wouldn’t happen with other foods that are of equal macros. Luckily like many myths it’s one that being left by the wayside.
Most people are lactose intolerant to some degree which causes the issues.

Back