• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Ruptured Quadracep tendons Both knees

Niteboss

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Yep blew out my knees finally! Long story short! 90lbs on each side Standin calve raises on a smith mach. 6” wood platform. My feet slipped and I couldn’t stop it knees buckled forward and i went down snapped the tendons. Im out for a min 8 week

Sorry incant upload pics

Damn brother, sounds really painful. Take your time healing up, the iron will be there when you get back

Fuck! Shit happens when we least expect it . Recover properly and god speed brother!

I have had some minor shit happen to me...pull my back real bad, dropped a 25 pound plate on my foot. Never anything that bad tho.

Gym can be a dangerous place and ppl do get seriously hurt.

This injury will set you back and getting back to where you were is going to take some time to thwart the atrophy.

IMO the physical side is bad, but the mental side of this will be a test of your will and strength. Be strong.

Thanks guys!! Its gonna be a loooonnggg recovery.. Surgeon is in sports med so he has been sorta cool, cept he ran bloodwork and found nandolone(npp). “ Stop or your blood vessels wont heal, causing clots” I’m not gonna stop the trt test and possible get some GH, 2iu daily should help heal faster.

Can’t start therapy for 2 weeks!! Right now my braces are locked at 0*. First therapy getting moved to 20-30*

I hate being bedridden. And a wife that’s bossy. Shes been inconvenienced and constantly reminding me.

I cant throw up any pics!! Not techno savy. Keeps saying there to big!!

Fuck Oxy’s all they do is make me wired and not sleep. Valium and extra strength tylenol are the only things working!! Hard to sleep. Really want sleeping pills to sleep this away till therapy.

Yep blew out my knees finally! Long story short! 90lbs on each side Standin calve raises on a smith mach. 6” wood platform. My feet slipped and I couldn’t stop it knees buckled forward and i went down snapped the tendons. Im out for a min 8 week

Sorry incant upload pics
Fuuuuuuuuuuk

Oh my God brother I hope that you have a quick recovery but I myself ruptured my bicep so I know its a long journey.
I wish you the best brother and check out hgh and bpc157 for healing bpc157 really helps hit me up anytime brother bigmurph@worldofroids.to

I tore my quad off 100% about 4 years ago

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you tore them off, you are gonna be out alot lot longer then 8 weeks sir.

Phil Hernon blew his both out the same time, kinda like you by falling down stairs.

I did mine squatting.

I'd say it was a solid 11-12 months before I was comfortable again with a light squat.

Everyone is different though.

I did 11 months of PT. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, tips, etc, etc.

Feel better sir.

I'd say I am about 90% recovered, the only thing that isn't 100% is my ROM and the muscle is still smaller then the other side 4 years later.

But I can run, squat, jump, and act just like I did prior to the injury. Just weaker and smaller is all LOL.

I tore my quad off 100% about 4 years ago

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you tore them off, you are gonna be out alot lot longer then 8 weeks sir.

Phil Hernon blew his both out the same time, kinda like you by falling down stairs.

I did mine squatting.

I'd say it was a solid 11-12 months before I was comfortable again with a light squat.

Everyone is different though.

I did 11 months of PT. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, tips, etc, etc.

Feel better sir.

I'd say I am about 90% recovered, the only thing that isn't 100% is my ROM and the muscle is still smaller then the other side 4 years later.

But I can run, squat, jump, and act just like I did prior to the injury. Just weaker and smaller is all LOL.
8 weeks before i get mobility in my knees and maybe drive. He said min. 9 months before any strength training. I honestly dont care if i ever squat again.

ironlion for gh and who else for bpc?

8 weeks before i get mobility in my knees and maybe drive. He said min. 9 months before any strength training. I honestly dont care if i ever squat again.

ironlion for gh and who else for bpc?

Recon is a sponsor here and we have bpc157, tb500 and more.

My code WES15 works for discount. I used recon and AA brand to heal my injuries tbh.

Ouch that has to be brutal. What i'd do is put the safety catches on so that it won't drop very far should the feet slip off the block which gives me a chance to stabilize myself.

I ruptured my left quad tendon in 2002...3 weeks after surgery I contracted a blood infection...I had the entire surgery redone...I went home with a pic line in my arm connected to a pump and a bag of antibiotics in a fanny pack that I wore for 6 weeks...there are things that a lot of people don't know...I learned how to bathe using a bucket and washcloth as you can't get the knee wet...taking a shit is a major hassle...get used to crutches for a few months...I am familiar with the braces you have....every week I would adjust the setting to allow my knee to bend more...I would sit on a bench and let my knee bend numerous times a day while gritting my teeth...your knee will not feel right...my knee still feels like it is made of wood...my quad does not look the same...you'll probably have screws in your patella and possibly your femur...it took me 2 months after the second surgery before I could walk around the block without a cane...I wore a small brace for 9 months after the big brace was removed....you will squat again just never heavy again...I was 42 when my rupture occured and you just don't heal as fast at 42...good luck!...

I ruptured my left quad tendon in 2002...3 weeks after surgery I contracted a blood infection...I had the entire surgery redone...I went home with a pic line in my arm connected to a pump and a bag of antibiotics in a fanny pack that I wore for 6 weeks...there are things that a lot of people don't know...I learned how to bathe using a bucket and washcloth as you can't get the knee wet...taking a shit is a major hassle...get used to crutches for a few months...I am familiar with the braces you have....every week I would adjust the setting to allow my knee to bend more...I would sit on a bench and let my knee bend numerous times a day while gritting my teeth...your knee will not feel right...my knee still feels like it is made of wood...my quad does not look the same...you'll probably have screws in your patella and possibly your femur...it took me 2 months after the second surgery before I could walk around the block without a cane...I wore a small brace for 9 months after the big brace was removed....you will squat again just never heavy again...I was 42 when my rupture occured and you just don't heal as fast at 42...good luck!...
Taking a dump is probably the hardest thing do. I dont have much room from toilet to to the tub. I have one of those seas, but, trying to hold yourself up keeping legs straight takes alot out of you and just give up till YOU HAVE to go.lol

I dont beleive I have screws in my legs. He said they drilled holes threw the patella and ran wire(string) whatever, I dont remember I was doped up.

Yes sir they drill through the kneecaps and run Kevlar through the knees and attach the tendon this way.

The bone will fuse to the kevlar making it even stronger.

I noticed some pain just at the bottom of the kneecap where the kevlar is attached for several months.

I also had a drill bit break off in my kneecap during surgery and it's permanently lodged there.

So I got a little souvenir with mine 🤣🤣

Completely makes sense why I feel more displeasure at the bottem of my knee.Dr was/is pretty cool. He’s a sports ortho. But he did give me the whole steroids are bad speach!! Which to be honest, I’ve been thinking just trt and gh. I have kept up the trt, thats not gonna stop.

Back