• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Competing at 48

ghazni

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Lifelong natty here, started some mild cycles 18 months ago (eq one time, var once, test 500) and have definitely grown. Trainer been pushing me to compete. Yesterday the female gym owner came up and said "you NEED to compete" out of the blue. She wasn't being flirty.

Don"t think i'm big enough but they do. Anyone ever done it at this age?

Stats 5'11, 240 right now but finishing a bulking cycle. In the summer was 228 with 11% bodyfat and a 6 pack. Considering doing it for fun.

Lifelong natty here, started some mild cycles 18 months ago (eq one time, var once, test 500) and have definitely grown. Trainer been pushing me to compete. Yesterday the female gym owner came up and said "you NEED to compete" out of the blue. She wasn't being flirty.

Stats 5'11, 240 right now but finishing a bulking cycle. In the summer was 228 with 11% bodyfat and a 6 pack. Considering doing it for fun.

Yes, we have over 40 IFBB Pros , Under 40 NPC competitors , over 50, Teen, Jr , etc . They have physique, Classic Physique, and Bodybuilding. (Wellness too)

They have small town shows, to city, state, Nationwide, international (only IFBB/NPC shows are recognized basically) but doing a hometown show is probably a good idea. It sucks when your hometown is LA , NYC (lol) but, it is so fun. I just competed (first time ever ) in physique and did awesome. I am switching to Classic now. Just started a bulk in log section (Maxs Log) . That is the area to go. SamGraves NPC /trainer , Killionb12(pro), Coach Cabo , a lot more , and some Training now for local first time .

*Physique- need to be around 5% bf
*Classic - need to be at Maximum Weight for your Height Category and sub 5-4%
*Bodybuilding - Tissue paper skin

At 5’11” condition would be the best way to come in and win(if you did one soon); come in Totally Ripped , V-taper waist and you may end up dong it for a while. I have a Pro Olympian I see around here and there and they list him a 5’6” but he is shorter and he gets to around 255 and competes at 212. So physique or Classic first IMO.

Good luck and congratulations on getting complimented twice ! Probably means you look real good !

Max

Thanks Max. I'm going to do it. Trying to get wife to do it with me. She's very muscular but never competed.

Appreciate this group.

Im 45 and considering it finally. We'll see how how i turn out in another 4 months with my coach. Then we'll decide classic or open. 5'11 also and 226 right now around 10%. Looking to be 250 at no less than 8-9% before i decide

Im 45 and considering it finally. We'll see how how i turn out in another 4 months with my coach. Then we'll decide classic or open. 5'11 also and 226 right now around 10%. Looking to be 250 at no less than 8-9% before i decide

Damn, your fuckin huge! You got a pic? You are my goal weight right now. Not many post pics so its hard to see who's actually workin out in the community. Props to you bro.

Do it.

Why not?

You'll never think you're big enough and, it's a very good experience to see how much you can handle mentally.

I entered my fist show four years ago at 56 in NPC Men's Physique. Cut down from 200lbs to around 170lbs stage weight. I had planned to move up to Classic Physique, but never got around to it. It was a cool experience, but not something I would do on a regular basis, more of a bucket list item for me. Good luck
3b1f4d9c94c744876280ce1cf2ed6412.jpg

IML Gear Cream!
Do it

Damn, your fuckin huge! You got a pic? You are my goal weight right now. Not many post pics so its hard to see who's actually workin out in the community. Props to you bro.

If you're referring to the profile pic thats old. That was 2 years ago and a 7 or 8 week before and after of 245 and 265 after slin/GH run.
Pre training slin... post is a joke.
Now I'm 215, been sick af for 10 days. Down about 6 lb. Now, I'm sub 10% . Maybe 8/9% i dunno. If i could remember a photo hosting service worth a shit I'd post a pic idgaf. At 222 i was the size two weeks ago i was at 245 with WAY lower bodyfat.
After 2 months of recomp we upped my gear for the next 15 weeks. Will be way more gear than ive ever run and I don't even blink at a gram of test. Yes my bloods are fine btw and my bp is perfect. Soon as I'm not sick we'll add short esters in.

Sorry to hijack your thread ghazni.

If you're referring to the profile pic thats old. That was 2 years ago and a 7 or 8 week before and after of 245 and 265 after slin/GH run.
Pre training slin... post is a joke.
Now I'm 215, been sick af for 10 days. Down about 6 lb. Now, I'm sub 10% . Maybe 8/9% i dunno. If i could remember a photo hosting service worth a shit I'd post a pic idgaf. At 222 i was the size two weeks ago i was at 245 with WAY lower bodyfat.
After 2 months of recomp we upped my gear for the next 15 weeks. Will be way more gear than ive ever run and I don't even blink at a gram of test. Yes my bloods are fine btw and my bp is perfect. Soon as I'm not sick we'll add short esters in.

Sorry to hijack your thread ghazni.
'Pre training slin post is a joke '

Just curious what you meant mate as I've never takin slin are you saying it's shit or the pumps are u real?

Back