• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Missed my VG

MonsterMaker

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
And wholly shit! Don’t know where it went but it seriously feels like someone took a grinder to my hip bone. Can barely walk. Worried cause I have work Saturday and Sunday….. anybody else do this? How long till you could walk normally?

Lol unfortunately I have done this a time or two and it took about three days with gear that doesn’t give me pip and was damn near a week with gear that painful to start with before I could walk without limping .

And wholly shit! Don’t know where it went but it seriously feels like someone took a grinder to my hip bone. Can barely walk. Worried cause I have work Saturday and Sunday….. anybody else do this? How long till you could walk normally?

Is is hot or a big lump (basesball-softball size)?

Max

Did the same three months into last blast and limped around for four days. I’m a cyclist and ride my bike everywhere I go and couldn’t even ride my bike so I had to Uber everywhere till I could get my leg over my bike seat

Lol sadly this happens often, especially once pinning becomes second nature and you get lazy with your routine. You’ll be fine brother, take some naproxen and push through it. Try a hot compress for that area. Avoid ice packs or anything cold as that won’t assist the gear in absorbing and dispersing into your body.

Nope not at all.. just pain

Vincentinos feedback is about all you can do. That and time, unfortunately. A lot of people quit doing VG injections because of this.

Max

Easy way to make sure you don't miss is:

Stand up and lift your leg out to the side. Your VG will flex and pop out a bit. Pin there.
(Can also be done laying down)

leg-lift.png

Vincentinos feedback is about all you can do. That and time, unfortunately. A lot of people quit doing VG injections because of this.

Max

Ya I slept on a heat pad all night and took some ibprofen this morning. It’s noticeably more bearable this morning so I think work will be OK definitely won’t be ideal but I’ll be able.

I had the VG down pat in my right side. Only time I had pip was my very first injection every one since then has been completely painless. So I’ll just have to take my time more and duplicate what I do on my right side.

IML Gear Cream!
Easy way to make sure you don't miss is:

Stand up and lift your leg out to the side. Your VG will flex and pop out a bit. Pin there.
(Can also be done laying down)

leg-lift.png

Gonna have to try that again. Last time I did this the only thing that popped out seemed to be way to high to be my vg.

Ya I slept on a heat pad all night and took some ibprofen this morning. It’s noticeably more bearable this morning so I think work will be OK definitely won’t be ideal but I’ll be able.

I had the VG down pat in my right side. Only time I had pip was my very first injection every one since then has been completely painless. So I’ll just have to take my time more and duplicate what I do on my right side.

The long and memorable are always the bad ones ! But, they make such an impression, we learn to never do it again...rarely!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery !

Max

I just about exclusively pin in my ass. I work quads in when I’m cruising. It’s very true that you do it so often that you start to get lazy. I just had this happen about 2 months ago. Heat and Aleve.

God I hate a bad pin! Same shit happened to my shoulder the other day fuckmyshitup could barely even sleep. Ibuprofen heat pad, went away. Really hinders working out at times. Good luck bro hope you feel better.

God I hate a bad pin! Same shit happened to my shoulder the other day fuckmyshitup could barely even sleep. Ibuprofen heat pad, went away. Really hinders working out at times. Good luck bro hope you feel better.
Thats why I never pin shoulders! No bueno. At least I can train around a sore ass. If your shoulder is fucked its as bad as having it amputated for a week.

Thats why I never pin shoulders! No bueno. At least I can train around a sore ass. If your shoulder is fucked its as bad as having it amputated for a week.

Ya thats true. You can't do shit with a sore shoulder. Did legs that day and still hurt like a mother fucker haha.

Had several giant painful lumps from a bad glute shot. Don't know what I did but it has happened. Just got over the worse one I ever had this week. Really bad pain and for the first time couldn't train my legs like I wanted to because of the pain. Made walking around at work fun. I iced mine every night and alternated between ibuprofen and tylenol and I'm 95 percent better. This last experience made me use my lats more for injections and I really like that location.

Doubt it was a bad pin... instead a creaper..Was it the carrier coconut oil..??

Creaper?

It’s mct oil…

It was excruciating for that whole night but I slept with a sleep pad all night and was able to make it work the next day thank god… man that was unlike anything I’ve ever experienced before..

Get Shredded!

I had one bad shoulder pin before too. Come to think about it it felt a lot like this bad vg shot except my whole arm swelled up and was hot to the touch… you couldn’t see a single vein in my arm and I still don’t have all of my vascularity back in that arm since and that was over a month ago.

Usually shoulders are smooth for me tho, that time I didn’t flex my muscle to see it pop cause I was feeling over confident with my pinning skills. So pretty sure I missed the delt…

Got my wife on board so she’s doing my glute shots from now on. Twisting like that has been getting harder and harder so I’m glad I got her to help.

I don’t know man, this missed vg shot had me literally debilitated. Getting dressed and putting on my shoes was very difficult … thank god it healed fast. I did legs that day but I did them right after the shot, and the pip hadn’t set in yet. As soon as I left the gym though I knew I was fucked.

Gonna have to try that again. Last time I did this the only thing that popped out seemed to be way to high to be my vg.
It is rather high up. Just below your hip bone. It might seem like if you bury the needle you will hit bone but you won't. It feels like a shallow muscle but it's plenty deep and can typically hold 3cc for most no problem.

ventro-glute.jpg

It is rather high up. Just below your hip bone. It might seem like if you bury the needle you will hit bone but you won't. It feels like a shallow muscle but it's plenty deep and can typically hold 3cc for most no problem.

ventro-glute.jpg

I had my wife take a picture while I raised my leg out to the side like that, and I’m just not seeing it. Yet you can see where I’ve been pinning, and I’m assuming I’m hitting it every time because all these shots you can see the pin holes from have been 100% painless. This is my right side and the pinholes are right under the little bruise you can see. Does that look right to you?

Going off that picture you posted it looks like I’m hitting to far back towards my butt…

Last edited:
Looks like you may be a bit too far towards your rear. You can see where your VG pops out a bit in the picture. Aim for this area.

ventro-glute-1.jpg

Ya I did notice that popped out just seemed too far forward compared to what I saw in the video I watched. Will give that a try next time though. Maybe just 1/4 ml at first to test the waters. Thanks bud

Back