• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Insulin resistance

sicilian48

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I hope I posted this in the correct category. Wanted some advice from some of your gurus. I have been reading about insulin resistance especially with doing AS. One of the side effects of insulin resistance is a bloated or “beer belly” type of effect even though you got a six pack. I have this issue, I believe, and my doc thinks I may have the onset of fatty liver disease which is incurable, but treatable. One of the causes is insulin resistance, in fact both of those are symptoms of one another. My question is have any of you had any experience with this concept? I have read that there are some oc meds that help keep the blood sugars down etc prior to eating carbs and so forth. My diet is clean but no matter what it looks like I can never obtain that flat stomach, raise my shirt and nothing but six pack, but with the shirt on, looks like I just ate and entire Turkey with all the fixings. Also carbs tend to make my belly stick out more which could also be an issue with insulin resistance. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks as always fellas.

I hope I posted this in the correct category. Wanted some advice from some of your gurus. I have been reading about insulin resistance especially with doing AS. One of the side effects of insulin resistance is a bloated or “beer belly” type of effect even though you got a six pack. I have this issue, I believe, and my doc thinks I may have the onset of fatty liver disease which is incurable, but treatable. One of the causes is insulin resistance, in fact both of those are symptoms of one another. My question is have any of you had any experience with this concept? I have read that there are some oc meds that help keep the blood sugars down etc prior to eating carbs and so forth. My diet is clean but no matter what it looks like I can never obtain that flat stomach, raise my shirt and nothing but six pack, but with the shirt on, looks like I just ate and entire Turkey with all the fixings. Also carbs tend to make my belly stick out more which could also be an issue with insulin resistance. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks as always fellas.
Check your fasted glucose levels in the morning. Under 100 is "normal" but 90 or lower is ideal.

Reduce your carbs for a good period of time. 6-8 weeks. When that number is in range in the mornings, you can start to add some carbs in a little at a time but, it's going to keep happening. That's part of growing.

There are otc supplements that can help but, adjusting the diet is needed.

Got ya. Done the low carb thing and it did help
Some, but I am bulking right now, so I guess that’s the trade off which is common for that kind of situation from what I understand. Guess it back to cutting! Thanks for the advice.

your probably eating something that is giving you digestion problems, that's why your bloated doesn't matter if its clean

could be from oats, egg whites, whey, veggies, etc...

try removing foods that you notice make you bloated after eating and you could also do a cut to reset your insulin sensitivity if your really serious about trying to fix it

I run fasted blood sugars in the 112 range. I tried 60 days of metformin 500mg (extended release) morning and night for 1,000mg total. That got me into the 90 or slightly lower range.
I then wanted to try berberine but decided on a product from Core Nutritionals called “LOAD”. I am at around 45 days and getting the same numbers as I did with metformin.

Starting HGH soon and I have no illusion that I can control blood sugar with supplements alone and expect to be using insulin again.

I only get this resistance with HGH. I am 58 so that factors in. My A1C is always good.

Intermittent fasting works extremely well for insulin resistance. Search Dr Berg on YouTube. I’ve noticed a huge difference the last 2 months doing it. Also if you doctor says you can’t reverse fatty liver then he’s a clown

I know it's only been a couple of weeks, but any updates? How's the bloating

Back