• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

DC training

Void

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Has anyone tried DC training or a version of it?
It’s very intriguing but I’m not sure I only want to train 3 days a week

Has anyone tried DC training or a version of it?
It’s very intriguing but I’m not sure I only want to train 3 days a week
Yes.

It's very effective.

If you decided to do DC training, don't fuck with the program, just do it the way it's outlined. If you train the way you're supposed to train, you won't need any more then 3 days a week.

Its the main routine I used for years. I think it’s the best principles to follow. The only guys who don’t do well with it the ones who don’t know how to train hard or can’t get over the ocd and misconceptions people have of building muscle. It’s what I recommend over anyother style or program. If you’re not on intense muscle go over there and read all the stickies in the puppy pound and dog pound subs. There’s a lot of nuance people tend to leave out or look over.

As far as version the only one someone should start out with until they’re very advanced and pretty damn big is the 2 way split. What do you mean by version of it?

Never done it but it does intrigue me too. So does fortitude. Think I'd respond to fortitude better myself tho. Hope to find out sometime

As far as version the only one someone should start out with until they’re very advanced and pretty damn big is the 2 way split. What do you mean by version of it?

Dante has spoken about 3, 4, and 5 day versions as well, but those are mainly for people prepping for a show. I know Dusty has used the 4 day several times.

Its the main routine I used for years. I think it’s the best principles to follow. The only guys who don’t do well with it the ones who don’t know how to train hard or can’t get over the ocd and misconceptions people have of building muscle. It’s what I recommend over anyother style or program. If you’re not on intense muscle go over there and read all the stickies in the puppy pound and dog pound subs. There’s a lot of nuance people tend to leave out or look over.

I’ve read about it pretty in depth as well as checked out others blogs and forums. I would say the training hard part I don’t lack on, I know what true failure is. I don’t doubt 3 days a week could yield benefit by any means. the only thing I struggle with is the fact I love training, at least 4-5 days.

I still do the DC stretches for each muscle no matter what my training looks like. Did the whole program and it wasn't for me... Except for the stretches. They are pure genius and DO work.

I have been doing DC TRAINING for a hear and a half with great results. I have been training for 36 years and have tried many different training protocols, with this being the most effective for me.

IML Gear Cream!
I still do the DC stretches for each muscle no matter what my training looks like. Did the whole program and it wasn't for me... Except for the stretches. They are pure genius and DO work.

What about it did you not like?

Also just checked out intense muscle. Very helpful thanks for that!

I’ve read about it pretty in depth as well as checked out others blogs and forums. I would say the training hard part I don’t lack on, I know what true failure is. I don’t doubt 3 days a week could yield benefit by any means. the only thing I struggle with is the fact I love training, at least 4-5 days.
The staying out of the gym is the hard part for a lot of guys. A really good program with the similar philosophy with 4-5 days in the gym is Jordan Peters Phase 2 ppl. It’s in his ebook. Sounds like it might be up your alley. I tried it for a few weeks but I just couldn’t recover properly. My strength was shooting up but outside of the gym all I wanted to do was sleep. You’re a big guy already from your avi you’d be a monster if you hopped on the JP ppl.

Where can I purchase/read trudels authentic DC training outline?

The staying out of the gym is the hard part for a lot of guys. A really good program with the similar philosophy with 4-5 days in the gym is Jordan Peters Phase 2 ppl. It’s in his ebook. Sounds like it might be up your alley. I tried it for a few weeks but I just couldn’t recover properly. My strength was shooting up but outside of the gym all I wanted to do was sleep. You’re a big guy already from your avi you’d be a monster if you hopped on the JP ppl.

I actually followed JPs style for a while during my last blast and made incredible progress. Switched back to John Meadows when I came off just for some more basic maintenance. I appreciate that man! Im still just a lil bitch though

As far as I can tell there isn’t any actual purchasable material, as it’s way too simple of a concept. He’s also stated he doesn’t want it to become a “big thing” over many years so he doesn’t speak about or advertise it.

https://revolutionaryprogramdesign.com/dc-training/
This breaks it down pretty well

thanks man. I was YouTubing some stuff and although I haven’t dug deep it seems to me quite similar to fortitude training. I mean, muscle rounds and rest pause sets are similar in strategy.

I like the stretching idea…. I might start incorporating that after my workouts now. Hopefully my tendons hold up. This winter I’m looking forward to some real commitment in the gym. My biggest problem is I don’t have a spotter so I usually use dumbbells and going as heavy as I should be going gets a little hairy at times.

but I like the moutaindog, DC and fortitude ideas. I also like to train 5 days a week to help keep my mindset fully committed to the gym lifestyle. I might try to take the DC approach. Definitely got me thinking about it.

What about it did you not like?

My body likes volume, training 5x's a week, weekends off. Also train 2x's a day... Heavy compound movements Am. and isolation movements in the Pm.

My body likes volume, training 5x's a week, weekends off. Also train 2x's a day... Heavy compound movements Am. and isolation movements in the Pm.
I wouldn’t last 2 weeks training 5 days in a row. I have to take a day off before and after legs. I cant progress training more than 3-4 days a week.

Get Shredded!
It works for sure. I used it back in 2010.Just make sure you really push it to true failure. That is where many fail in that you have to train extremely hard to make the program work. Also another option would be Dr. Scott's fortitude training. The eBook is only 20 dollars and has a wealth of information.

He never sold it

that’s quite refreshing. Respect to Dante! I’ve been reading through some stuff. I’m going to incorporate some of the stuff I’ve read into my custom workouts. I’ll prolly be getting a procard by next summer. I can feel the gainz already.
no but seriously… it makes a lot of sense that this approach will yield fantastic results. Can’t wait to get over this 10 day sinus infection/flu so I can get my ass to work!!

thanks for the post and info regarding this style. I get bored with the same ol shit I do.

that’s quite refreshing. Respect to Dante! I’ve been reading through some stuff. I’m going to incorporate some of the stuff I’ve read into my custom workouts. I’ll prolly be getting a procard by next summer. I can feel the gainz already.
no but seriously… it makes a lot of sense that this approach will yield fantastic results. Can’t wait to get over this 10 day sinus infection/flu so I can get my ass to work!!

thanks for the post and info regarding this style. I get bored with the same ol shit I do.
Definitely give it a solid run for atleast a few months. Don’t forget to deload. The biggest take away from it that Dante has preached for years is progressive overload, higher frequency, mechanical positioning, and treat each working set like it’s life or death and beat the log book. You don’t need high volume, you need heavier loads and high effort/intensity.

I wouldn’t last 2 weeks training 5 days in a row. I have to take a day off before and after legs. I cant progress training more than 3-4 days a week.

Been training like that since 1988 :)

thanks man. I was YouTubing some stuff and although I haven’t dug deep it seems to me quite similar to fortitude training. I mean, muscle rounds and rest pause sets are similar in strategy.

I like the stretching idea…. I might start incorporating that after my workouts now. Hopefully my tendons hold up. This winter I’m looking forward to some real commitment in the gym. My biggest problem is I don’t have a spotter so I usually use dumbbells and going as heavy as I should be going gets a little hairy at times.

but I like the moutaindog, DC and fortitude ideas. I also like to train 5 days a week to help keep my mindset fully committed to the gym lifestyle. I might try to take the DC approach. Definitely got me thinking about it.

I have the same issue; a good training partner is damn near impossible to find where I am, but on the rare occasion I can get someone to spot me I ALWAYS crank out more than I thought I would.

I’ve actually been doing basically nothing but mountain dog style training for the last decade, which is the whole reason I’m looking for a change, but it will definitely always hold a place in my book as one of the best out there.

An update to this thread;

So far I’ve been slowly working my way into new style over the last two weeks.
I started keeping an actual log book, not just using my phone. I’m still training 5x a week but I may drop to 4 soon.
Chest, Back, off, Arms, delts, legs, off.
I’ll likely drop the arm day soon and incorporate them into my chest/back days.

I’m doing my version of a JP and DC approach.
First exercise is always main compound, working way up to an all out failure set around 6-7 reps, followed by a back off set 20% reduced weight to failure.
Ex. Incline barbell press - 245 for 7, drop to 195 for 15+

Second exercise is a rest pause, DC style. One working set, 3 rounds of rest pause followed by a static hold to failure. For delts, I’m using Dusty’s tri-fuckta.

I’ll usually follow up with 1-3 exercises of 2 sets each, no intensity techniques but to all out failure.

So far I feel like I’m recovering pretty well. Currently running 200mg test E. Intra workout is 50g cyclic dextrin with hydrolyzed casein and EAAs.

First week was obviously getting baseline numbers so they weren’t hard to beat the second. This coming week will be the first week of really pushing to beat last weeks numbers.

I have been looking into DC training for awhile. Work is talking about going to 12 hour shifts. One week working 5 days next working 2. It would help me get full work outs in on the 5 day work week.

I have been looking into DC training for awhile. Work is talking about going to 12 hour shifts. One week working 5 days next working 2. It would help me get full work outs in on the 5 day work week.

That’s one of the biggest benefits I’ve seemed to find looking into it. You’ll have loads of free time. I generally work about 55-60 hours a week right now so my rest days are coveted.

That’s one of the biggest benefits I’ve seemed to find looking into it. You’ll have loads of free time. I generally work about 55-60 hours a week right now so my rest days are coveted.

Yes they are. Through kids and wife into taking up my precious gym time. More bang for my buck is better.

I have the same issue; a good training partner is damn near impossible to find where I am, but on the rare occasion I can get someone to spot me I ALWAYS crank out more than I thought I would.

I’ve actually been doing basically nothing but mountain dog style training for the last decade, which is the whole reason I’m looking for a change, but it will definitely always hold a place in my book as one of the best out there.
Look into fortitude Training.

Back