Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DC training

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bft84 View Post
    The staying out of the gym is the hard part for a lot of guys. A really good program with the similar philosophy with 4-5 days in the gym is Jordan Peters Phase 2 ppl. Itís in his ebook. Sounds like it might be up your alley. I tried it for a few weeks but I just couldnít recover properly. My strength was shooting up but outside of the gym all I wanted to do was sleep. Youíre a big guy already from your avi youíd be a monster if you hopped on the JP ppl.
    I actually followed JPs style for a while during my last blast and made incredible progress. Switched back to John Meadows when I came off just for some more basic maintenance. I appreciate that man! Im still just a lil bitch though

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,730 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    As far as I can tell there isnít any actual purchasable material, as itís way too simple of a concept. Heís also stated he doesnít want it to become a ďbig thingĒ over many years so he doesnít speak about or advertise it.

https://revolutionaryprogramdesign.com/dc-training/
    This breaks it down pretty well
    thanks man. I was YouTubing some stuff and although I havenít dug deep it seems to me quite similar to fortitude training. I mean, muscle rounds and rest pause sets are similar in strategy.

I like the stretching ideaÖ. I might start incorporating that after my workouts now. Hopefully my tendons hold up. This winter Iím looking forward to some real commitment in the gym. My biggest problem is I donít have a spotter so I usually use dumbbells and going as heavy as I should be going gets a little hairy at times.

but I like the moutaindog, DC and fortitude ideas. I also like to train 5 days a week to help keep my mindset fully committed to the gym lifestyle. I might try to take the DC approach. Definitely got me thinking about it.
    ďTape on a dick you twat waffleĒ - IronRage & Dale C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Rep Points

What about it did you not like?

My body likes volume, training 5x's a week, weekends off. Also train 2x's a day... Heavy compound movements Am. and isolation movements in the Pm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    642 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    Where can I purchase/read trudels authentic DC training outline?
    He never sold it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    642 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bolan View Post
    My body likes volume, training 5x's a week, weekends off. Also train 2x's a day... Heavy compound movements Am. and isolation movements in the Pm.
    I wouldnít last 2 weeks training 5 days in a row. I have to take a day off before and after legs. I cant progress training more than 3-4 days a week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Rep Points

It works for sure. I used it back in 2010.Just make sure you really push it to true failure. That is where many fail in that you have to train extremely hard to make the program work. Also another option would be Dr. Scott's fortitude training. The eBook is only 20 dollars and has a wealth of information.

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,730 Posts
    Rep Points

He never sold it
    thatís quite refreshing. Respect to Dante! Iíve been reading through some stuff. Iím going to incorporate some of the stuff Iíve read into my custom workouts. Iíll prolly be getting a procard by next summer. I can feel the gainz already.
    no but seriouslyÖ it makes a lot of sense that this approach will yield fantastic results. Canít wait to get over this 10 day sinus infection/flu so I can get my ass to work!!

thanks for the post and info regarding this style. I get bored with the same ol shit I do.
    ďTape on a dick you twat waffleĒ - IronRage & Dale C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    642 Posts
    Rep Points

thatís quite refreshing. Respect to Dante! Iíve been reading through some stuff. Iím going to incorporate some of the stuff Iíve read into my custom workouts. Iíll prolly be getting a procard by next summer. I can feel the gainz already.
    no but seriouslyÖ it makes a lot of sense that this approach will yield fantastic results. Canít wait to get over this 10 day sinus infection/flu so I can get my ass to work!!

thanks for the post and info regarding this style. I get bored with the same ol shit I do.
    Definitely give it a solid run for atleast a few months. Donít forget to deload. The biggest take away from it that Dante has preached for years is progressive overload, higher frequency, mechanical positioning, and treat each working set like itís life or death and beat the log book. You donít need high volume, you need heavier loads and high effort/intensity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Rep Points

I wouldnít last 2 weeks training 5 days in a row. I have to take a day off before and after legs. I cant progress training more than 3-4 days a week.
    Been training like that since 1988

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Rep Points

thanks man. I was YouTubing some stuff and although I havenít dug deep it seems to me quite similar to fortitude training. I mean, muscle rounds and rest pause sets are similar in strategy.

I like the stretching ideaÖ. I might start incorporating that after my workouts now. Hopefully my tendons hold up. This winter Iím looking forward to some real commitment in the gym. My biggest problem is I donít have a spotter so I usually use dumbbells and going as heavy as I should be going gets a little hairy at times.

but I like the moutaindog, DC and fortitude ideas. I also like to train 5 days a week to help keep my mindset fully committed to the gym lifestyle. I might try to take the DC approach. Definitely got me thinking about it.
    I have the same issue; a good training partner is damn near impossible to find where I am, but on the rare occasion I can get someone to spot me I ALWAYS crank out more than I thought I would.

Iíve actually been doing basically nothing but mountain dog style training for the last decade, which is the whole reason Iím looking for a change, but it will definitely always hold a place in my book as one of the best out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Rep Points

An update to this thread;

So far Iíve been slowly working my way into new style over the last two weeks.
    I started keeping an actual log book, not just using my phone. Iím still training 5x a week but I may drop to 4 soon.
    Chest, Back, off, Arms, delts, legs, off.
    Iíll likely drop the arm day soon and incorporate them into my chest/back days.

Iím doing my version of a JP and DC approach.
    First exercise is always main compound, working way up to an all out failure set around 6-7 reps, followed by a back off set 20% reduced weight to failure.
    Ex. Incline barbell press - 245 for 7, drop to 195 for 15+

Second exercise is a rest pause, DC style. One working set, 3 rounds of rest pause followed by a static hold to failure. For delts, Iím using Dustyís tri-fuckta.

Iíll usually follow up with 1-3 exercises of 2 sets each, no intensity techniques but to all out failure.

So far I feel like Iím recovering pretty well. Currently running 200mg test E. Intra workout is 50g cyclic dextrin with hydrolyzed casein and EAAs.

First week was obviously getting baseline numbers so they werenít hard to beat the second. This coming week will be the first week of really pushing to beat last weeks numbers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Rep Points

I have been looking into DC training for awhile. Work is talking about going to 12 hour shifts. One week working 5 days next working 2. It would help me get full work outs in on the 5 day work week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconeSack View Post
    I have been looking into DC training for awhile. Work is talking about going to 12 hour shifts. One week working 5 days next working 2. It would help me get full work outs in on the 5 day work week.
    Thatís one of the biggest benefits Iíve seemed to find looking into it. Youíll have loads of free time. I generally work about 55-60 hours a week right now so my rest days are coveted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Rep Points

Thatís one of the biggest benefits Iíve seemed to find looking into it. Youíll have loads of free time. I generally work about 55-60 hours a week right now so my rest days are coveted.
    Yes they are. Through kids and wife into taking up my precious gym time. More bang for my buck is better.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,730 Posts
    Rep Points

I have the same issue; a good training partner is damn near impossible to find where I am, but on the rare occasion I can get someone to spot me I ALWAYS crank out more than I thought I would.

Iíve actually been doing basically nothing but mountain dog style training for the last decade, which is the whole reason Iím looking for a change, but it will definitely always hold a place in my book as one of the best out there.
    Look into fortitude Training.