• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Texas

JaceBon

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone who’s lived in Texas...just how hot does the northern part get? And how humid? I’m about fed up with my fucking democrat state but idk if I’d be able to handle the texas heat.

Currently
6f114c0626b84a6ab2a5ca6cae10f826.jpg

Nice...63 compared to about 45 where I’m at right now. On average what was your summer like?

Just remember , death by firing squad if you move to Texas and vote blue. Just saying…. I don’t disagree lol

I lived in or near Fort Worth for three of the longest years of my life.
I lived in The Woodlands most of 2015.
My parents still live South of FtWorth in Burleson.

They turn on their aircon in May and switch it to the furnace in October. ALWAYS running HVAC. Super high property taxes. I was just in The Woodlands a couple of weeks ago. Lots of rain and thunderstorms there.
In D/FW the summers are brutal and the winters can be. I used to do layovers on my way to my office in DC to look in on my parents a couple of days. One time they had a wicked ice storm just after I landed which left me stranded for several days. They have no infrastructure or equipment to deal with snowstorms, etc.

Texas is an acquired taste. It’s not for me. No matter how long you live there you will always be a “yankee” to Texans. Even if you are from deep Mississippi. Somewhere lingering under the surface is their considering you a second class citizen. If you have any sort of “yankee accent”…fagettaboutit.

And way too many people.

Well, I have lived in Maine and California for most of my young-adult years.

From a weather perspective, it's an acquired taste for sure.
We run the HVAC almost (almost) most of the year, due to the heat and humidity; however, it does not get as humid as Maine or Florida.
Last winter was pretty tough, due to the snowpocolypse that we had, lol. But that is a rare occurrence.

If you want to check the Weather Averages, this is a good website:
https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Texas/average-texas-weather.php

Though, I will say... The most north-east you go, people have a lot more of that Southern hospitality.
San Antonio was really nice, the people (for the most part) are very kind and friendly and there's a lot to do there (for date nights/weekends or even getaways/events with the family/kids).
Austin is meh, seems like a baby San Francisco the times that I had gone... Running more on the far left side than anything, especially with their "311" vs. "911" policing now and defund the police movement.
Dallas is alright, lots to do, lots to see, has a pretty nice night life. Reminds me of a smaller LA feel, though crime and homeless has been on the sight incline.
Houston is pretty diverse, warmer temps, more rainfall, lots to do around Houston as well (though I haven't been there much, live more closer to the Dallas vicinity).

Overall, best decision ever was to leave California and move here, honestly.
Everyone we have met and befriended has been more than pleasant, even though we are not born and raised Texans (my wife is also Mexican, which has made no impact on cultivating friendships).

Hope this helps!

Come to Florida! housing is a little tough at the moment but you can't beat Desantis for Gov. Up arround Gainsville gets cooler than Sarasota or Tampa, nice rolling hills and a lot of horse ranches. If your in construction it's booming!

I grew up in the same area that Coach Cabo mentioned before I moved to south TX. I personally loved the weather, except the severe thunderstorms. I remember being a kid and having to load up in the car and drive under a nearby bridge when the tornado sirens went off.

Pros- excellent, overall mild winters and hot, humid summers (I like the heat)

Cons- The occasional snow storm (like last winter) paralyzes the area. Also- the humidity sucks.

On another note- I haven't lived in TX since 2011, and when the wife and I went back last summer, I-35 was turned into a sea of California plates. Very disappointing.

Come to Florida! housing is a little tough at the moment but you can't beat Desantis for Gov. Up arround Gainsville gets cooler than Sarasota or Tampa, nice rolling hills and a lot of horse ranches. If your in construction it's booming!
I like the idea of Florida being a red friendly state, but I already know I’d fucking die with the heat and humidity. But the way it’s sounding Texas is only a little better..

I truly love the climate of being on the Northern east coast (rather not say my state, sorry guys) but I just fucking hate all the god damned liberals and the democrats trying to fuck up the state even more than it is.

Just spent a month near Tampa and almost bought the house next door in June. Thank god they backed out or my balls would be dripping and my wallet thin for paying the ridiculous 24/7 aircon bill.
It rained every single day or night. The people are the worst I have ever seen with their driving egocentricities.
I LOVE the wildlife though. When I was helping my buddy open a gym in 2017 I discovered a two meter alligator would come to the back door. It was one eyed and three legged so my chicken bill was higher than normal
I saved a half dozen big ass turtles crossing the road. Saw a massive tortoise of the same Genus as our pet, (which was cool for my wife to see how big she’ll get) cruising down the road.
The wildlife is bitchin’ for sure.

But TOO MANY people.

I probably like Texas just a bit more because of the things to do. It takes two days to drive out of that state if you want to leave, depending on where you live. The Mexican food there sucks. They serve salsa warm. WTF?!?!?

I guess I’ll just stick with my $21/month shitty concrete “condo”.

IML Gear Cream!
I probably like Texas just a bit more because of the things to do. It takes two days to drive out of that state if you want to leave, depending on where you live. The Mexican food there sucks. They serve salsa warm. WTF?!?!

Bro, there Mexican food sucks so bad here... You aren't kidding.

Move up north to NH man. Nice people and it's peaceful up here.

Florida is free country, for sure.

If a business tries to prevent you from entering due to vaccination status, they get a $15,000 fine.

If you are ever in a riot situation, or caught in some antifa/BLM protest, and your car is surrounded and you are in fear for your life, you can legally pancake whoever you need to in order to get to safety. This sounds particularly wonderful.

Sheriff's from counties all over openly encourage citizens to have guns at home and to shoot home intruders.

No lack of jobs in the metropolitan areas.....pretty much any industry is on the rise.

No state income state tax.

Easy access to beaches around the state.

There are still lots and lots of areas to live where it is rural, kind of rural, if you want more of that lifestyle.

Yes, it gets hot as hell in Florida, no avoiding that.

But overall, it's a great state to live in.

Last edited:
Back