Need the diet gurus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bft84 View Post
    You said people suffer to get there. I said the only reason anyone would suffer is because they extreme dieted. You calling yourself a coach should know it’s not hard to obtain. Most people aren’t walking around at 10 because America is full of obese people. I never said you said those things if you go back and read it. Getting to 10 is a piece of cake.
    I said people “struggle over time to get there”. And no one gets there without a strict diet but perhaps we have different ideas of what strict is.
    Are you 10%?

Let’s take a poll here: How many guys think “Getting to 10% body fat is a piece of cake”?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,486 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CoachCabo View Post
    I said people “struggle over time to get there”. And no one gets there without a strict diet but perhaps we have different ideas of what strict is.
    Are you 10%?

Let’s take a poll here: How many guys think “Getting to 10% body fat is a piece of cake”?
    Yeah, I've been down to about 9% bf and 'struggle' sums it up nicely. Definitely wasn't a piece of cake, for me anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    434 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm a genetic freak, ectomorph. I walk around at around 12%. Can never get fat. Only reason is I just can't eat enough. I've gone up to 4,800 a day. Clean, still no fat gain.

But to get to under 10% I'd have to do some real work. I don't know tho. I have striations on the ass cheeks. So I might be lower.
    Last edited by Seattlesbest; 10-20-2021 at 07:33 PM.
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,437 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Seattlesbest View Post
    I'm a genetic freak, ectomorph. I walk around at around 12%. Can never get fat. Only reason is I just can't eat enough. I've gone up to 4,800 a day. Clean, still no fat gain.

But to get to under 10% I'd have to do some real work. I don't know tho. I have striations on the ass cheeks. So I might be lower.
    I'm in the same boat as you, man
    You can't have my body, but I'll tell you where to find all my tools -> PuritySourceLabs.ru

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Seattlesbest View Post

When I “bulk”, which I intend to start next month, I eat just over 4400 calories. Even if I was 10% while eating that, I would look like a ripped Buddha. Bulking diets are miserable. Even in contest prep I eat a lot of food. More than I want or feel hungry enough to eat. If it weren’t for shakes…

In the late ‘80s when John Parrillo’s book came out I immediately started eating his 5k diet exactly as listed. Carbs/protein/fat 60/30/10. That was an insurmountable quantity of food. So much broccoli!

Consider yourself lucky if you are naturally lean and still have muscle. That ain’t the way most people are. For my normal people clients, dropping their body fat and maintaining or gaining muscle is not easy. Some lose muscle (not as much) along with the body fat. But normal people won’t stick with a bodybuilder diet or use gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    434 Posts
    Rep Points

When I “bulk”, which I intend to start next month, I eat just over 4400 calories. Even if I was 10% while eating that, I would look like a ripped Buddha. Bulking diets are miserable. Even in contest prep I eat a lot of food. More than I want or feel hungry enough to eat. If it weren’t for shakes…

In the late ‘80s when John Parrillo’s book came out I immediately started eating his 5k diet exactly as listed. Carbs/protein/fat 60/30/10. That was an insurmountable quantity of food. So much broccoli!

Consider yourself lucky if you are naturally lean and still have muscle. That ain’t the way most people are. For my normal people clients, dropping their body fat and maintaining or gaining muscle is not easy. Some lose muscle (not as much) along with the body fat. But normal people won’t stick with a bodybuilder diet or use gear.
    I know exactly what you mean. I've been on a bulking diet for the last 21 weeks clean, one cheat meal a week. I can operate in a caloric deficit all day no problem.

It's the all damn food that's the hard part. But I force it down. Right now I'm eating 7 oz of 85% lean beef 300 grams of rice 6 times a day. I'm about to bump it up to 400 grams of rice. Four or five tablespoons of peanut butter, shit ton of pistachios.

I slowly keep bumping it up waiting for my abs to not be as cut but never happeneds.

I am very lucky for sure. It seems like it would be so discouraging to put on fat easily almost kill your motivation in the gym with the quickness. My hats off to the guys who pull through. I'm actually starting a log here soon. Going for 10 pounds lean gains in 5 weeks. Dbol/Drol combo. Hopefully you'll follow along and offer me some tips. I'd greatly appreciate it!
    Last edited by Seattlesbest; 10-21-2021 at 06:15 PM.
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Rep Points

Are you 10%?

I usually stay around 10. You’re around 20-30 from what Ive seen.No one should have to struggle to get there, especially guys on peds. You don’t even have to be strict with food to get there, just a consistent deficit. Ive posted pics here several times. Ive gotten several people to 10-12 without suffering or being strict with food choices just caloric deficits and hitting the protein requirements. Just because you have an issue with doesn’t mean people should if they do it correctly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah… I believe you are highly underestimating your body fat percentage.. based on everything you said it doesn’t add up that you are currently 10 percent body fat. That’s very lean…..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,320 Posts
    Rep Points

How do you know your at 10%? I am ALWAYS on the leaner side than most here and I’d be lying if I said I was anywhere close to 10% right now. Fuck I look like Venom with how vascular and tight I am right now and I’m probably still sitting in excess of 12 or 13. 10 is doable IMO but at least for me diet has to be 100% on point towards a cut.

Quote Originally Posted by FM19 View Post
    You are 10% bodyfat and your wife wants you to drop BF%?

Post up pics, be honest with us - that's the only way we can help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Rep Points

I know folks are going to disagree, but most are higher bf% than we all like to admit. For instance in my pic to the left, I have veins in my abs can see striations in my obliques … based on BIA, I’m 16% bf. Sure there is margin for error, but very few here are likely a true 10% or less.

Not to knock any progress or hard work of folks, but 10% or less with muscle density isn’t easy for the majority.