• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Anyone experience a stop in hair loss after cycle?

Jose Frakich

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys, I am sort of freaking out about my hair loss and hair getting thinner. My hair is very important to me as I am a younger guy!

I just ran a 12 week cycle of test prop, and I am about 1 1/2 weeks into PCT. I started noticing hair at the bottom of my shower drain towards the middle of my cycle...and like an IDIOT I just thought to myself the hair loss will stop when I come off, so I just stuck it out for the rest of the cycle.

I now it is still early in my PCT, but seeing the hair on my bathroom counter and bath drain is killing me. Baldness does not run in my family as far as I know. Have any of you experienced the hair loss to stop when you finished PCT? Or should I go out and buy Rogaine and some finasteride asap?

Sorry Jose, I just ran a cycle of Mast , and that's one of the hardest on the old hairline. It must be genetic, as I grew hair in my ears , and on my back - go figure ? Going in I was abit worried like you. Good luck.

I've battled hairloss throughout my life and especially while on cycle. Every cycle I run I take that chance of really messing up my hairline so I always watch it very closely.

I can tell you some of the products I've used in the past that have worked for me. However I don't have much experience in regards to your specific question; hairloss during PCT.

i've used Rogaine in the past. I liked it as it definitely made my hair thicker and fuller looking. However, Rogaine does nothing for blocking DHT to the scalp. If we look at MPB and how it slowly robs the scalp and hair of essential blood, vitamins, protein, and a slew of other things. When those essential elements aren't present the hair follicle decreases in size and thus makes it easier to fall out. By adding Rogaine you are strengthing that hair follicle thus making it harder for it to fall out. There is much more to Rogaine than just what I've explained but in essence applying Rogaine during cycle thickens the hair follicle and if anything will SLOW hairloss. There are reports suggesting that Rogaine can regrow hair but ultimately that's not what we're discussing. Rogaine is however a treatment that once started needs to be continued but I've started and stopped plenty of times and if anything I believe Rogaine has essentially helped my hairloss because I've taken it during some of my cycles.

Nizoral shampoo is said to help block DHT from the scalp. As I'm sure you know there are different strengths of this shampoo. I believe you can get 1% as an OTC and 2% and 5% with a prescription. I've always run this shampoo with an EOD frequency while on cycle. On the off days I substitute with T-gel shampoo. Both shampoo's should be left on the scalp for roughly 3-5 minutes.

Propecia has also been an avenue I've gone down. I was lucky enough to get the doctor to prescribe me 5mg tabs and my insurance covered the cost. Breaking the 5mg tablets into 1/4's helps save on money. I noticed some rough sides with this medication but honestly I worked through them in hopes to see benefits. I was on Propecia for roughly 2 years before I discontinued use. Post medication I actually read some pretty disturbing side effects that have now been linked to Propecia and that was enough for me to never try it again.

SPIRO might be something for you to look into as it does great things for hair loss in some individuals but there are also plenty of side effects that go with it. SPIRO has been known to lower T levels and se individual's have actually experienced gyno like symptoms while taking SPIRO. There is a long outstanding debate if Topical SPIRO goes into your blood stream enough to change hormone levels in the human body. I can tell you without a doubt that topical SPIRO does in fact alter hormone levels. On the positive side SPIRO can be great when running AAS. With most cases Synthetic Teatosterone is being added to the body, hence adding SPIRO can't lower T levels to make a difference. As for an estrogen build up if the individual is consuming and AI they shouldn't experience gyno like symptoms. Sadly, for you and you being in PCT SPIRO might as well be counterproductive when it comes to getting your testosterone to baseline.

Vitamins have been known to help strength hair. B vitamins to be specific. Fish oil is also good for hair as well.

Your best bet is to load up on vitamin C as it reduces cortisol. However I doubt your hair loss is being caused by cortisol levels but it can't hurt to add lots of vitamin C as its water soluble and any extra will be urinated out of the body. Nizoral shampoo would work with DHT and that's most likely what's causing your hairloss.

Like I said above I'm not to familiar with hair loss during PCT. For all I know you might already know most of this information but I figured I can share the small amount of information I've gathered over the years. Research hairloss in your search engine and there's a ton of forums that discuss different methods and products. Most don't work but some do.

Good luck brother and try not to stress. If it happens it happens. Shaved heads are in these days ;)

Chill, it will be fine. Rogaine and some finasteride are what I use, and just cut mine real short. Opinions on fin are VERY mixed. Testosterone of almost any kind, once in the body can be converted to both estrogen as well as dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Estrogen is the main culprit for many side effects such as gyno, water retention, and as a result high blood pressure while DHT is often blamed for hair loss and prostate enlargement. If there is a high level of DHT, hair loss is possible. Once the Prop gets out of your system, any high level of DHT will reduce and you will be fine.

NEXT cycle get on rogaine and there are also a few others you can consider.Dutasteride, Fluridil , Spironolactone, Nizoral Shampoo and Azelaic Acid.

I used to freak out and finally just cut mine real short. I like it much better.

Good luck brother.

I've battled hairloss throughout my life and especially while on cycle. Every cycle I run I take that chance of really messing up my hairline so I always watch it very closely.

I can tell you some of the products I've used in the past that have worked for me. However I don't have much experience in regards to your specific question; hairloss during PCT.

i've used Rogaine in the past. I liked it as it definitely made my hair thicker and fuller looking. However, Rogaine does nothing for blocking DHT to the scalp. If we look at MPB and how it slowly robs the scalp and hair of essential blood, vitamins, protein, and a slew of other things. When those essential elements aren't present the hair follicle decreases in size and thus makes it easier to fall out. By adding Rogaine you are strengthing that hair follicle thus making it harder for it to fall out. There is much more to Rogaine than just what I've explained but in essence applying Rogaine during cycle thickens the hair follicle and if anything will SLOW hairloss. There are reports suggesting that Rogaine can regrow hair but ultimately that's not what we're discussing. Rogaine is however a treatment that once started needs to be continued but I've started and stopped plenty of times and if anything I believe Rogaine has essentially helped my hairloss because I've taken it during some of my cycles.

Nizoral shampoo is said to help block DHT from the scalp. As I'm sure you know there are different strengths of this shampoo. I believe you can get 1% as an OTC and 2% and 5% with a prescription. I've always run this shampoo with an EOD frequency while on cycle. On the off days I substitute with T-gel shampoo. Both shampoo's should be left on the scalp for roughly 3-5 minutes.

Propecia has also been an avenue I've gone down. I was lucky enough to get the doctor to prescribe me 5mg tabs and my insurance covered the cost. Breaking the 5mg tablets into 1/4's helps save on money. I noticed some rough sides with this medication but honestly I worked through them in hopes to see benefits. I was on Propecia for roughly 2 years before I discontinued use. Post medication I actually read some pretty disturbing side effects that have now been linked to Propecia and that was enough for me to never try it again.

SPIRO might be something for you to look into as it does great things for hair loss in some individuals but there are also plenty of side effects that go with it. SPIRO has been known to lower T levels and se individual's have actually experienced gyno like symptoms while taking SPIRO. There is a long outstanding debate if Topical SPIRO goes into your blood stream enough to change hormone levels in the human body. I can tell you without a doubt that topical SPIRO does in fact alter hormone levels. On the positive side SPIRO can be great when running AAS. With most cases Synthetic Teatosterone is being added to the body, hence adding SPIRO can't lower T levels to make a difference. As for an estrogen build up if the individual is consuming and AI they shouldn't experience gyno like symptoms. Sadly, for you and you being in PCT SPIRO might as well be counterproductive when it comes to getting your testosterone to baseline.

Vitamins have been known to help strength hair. B vitamins to be specific. Fish oil is also good for hair as well.

Your best bet is to load up on vitamin C as it reduces cortisol. However I doubt your hair loss is being caused by cortisol levels but it can't hurt to add lots of vitamin C as its water soluble and any extra will be urinated out of the body. Nizoral shampoo would work with DHT and that's most likely what's causing your hairloss.

Like I said above I'm not to familiar with hair loss during PCT. For all I know you might already know most of this information but I figured I can share the small amount of information I've gathered over the years. Research hairloss in your search engine and there's a ton of forums that discuss different methods and products. Most don't work but some do.

Good luck brother and try not to stress. If it happens it happens. Shaved heads are in these days ;)

thank you very much for the feedback! Will definitely look into all of it!

Chill, it will be fine. Rogaine and some finasteride are what I use, and just cut mine real short. Opinions on fin are VERY mixed. Testosterone of almost any kind, once in the body can be converted to both estrogen as well as dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Estrogen is the main culprit for many side effects such as gyno, water retention, and as a result high blood pressure while DHT is often blamed for hair loss and prostate enlargement. If there is a high level of DHT, hair loss is possible. Once the Prop gets out of your system, any high level of DHT will reduce and you will be fine.

NEXT cycle get on rogaine and there are also a few others you can consider.Dutasteride, Fluridil , Spironolactone, Nizoral Shampoo and Azelaic Acid.

I used to freak out and finally just cut mine real short. I like it much better.

Good luck brother.

And yes this is what I am hoping for, although its about 2 weeks into PCT...I would think the prop is out of my system. My next cycle I will most definitely be taking pre cautions.

I just dont know if I should wait my PCT out and see if the hair loss stops when I am done with PCT or hop on fin right now. I just am worried if I wait it might be too late.

Last edited:
I tend to notice hair loss when ever I mess with hormone levels. Coming up or going down. Once I find the level my hair loss stops.
I bet the loss slows down once your pct is completed.

Mast and Tren affect my hair negatively. Also heavy AI use may also cause some hair loss as some estrogen is needed.

Generic Minoxidil at 5% and Propecia work while on cycle. I can cruise on test and have zero issues so my hair loss is temporary on certain compounds.

Thank you guys! Last couple posts make me feel a little better about this. I guess I am going to wait it out until after PCT and see what happens.

Just scary to see a bunch of hair strands in my hands when washing my hair. Might buy some 2% shampoo next week.

IML Gear Cream!
Just ordered Ketoconazole shampoo (2% nizoral shampoo) Will wait to see if this helps, if not...finasteride is the next step.

Finasteride (Propecia) 1mg a day
Rogain Foam 2-5% 1 to 2 x day
Ketoconazole shampoo (nizoral shampoo) 2% 1 to 2 x week

The Fin dosing of 1 MG per day is backed by SEVERAL studies. YOu ahve to break the typical 5mg tablets. I just bite mine and it is close enough.

I used to get 5mg tabs and cut it into 4 to save money.
I switched to dutasteride 0.5mg, studies have shown that it works better than finasteride.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Phase I and II clinical trials for dutasteride as a hair loss drug (for approval by the FDA) were undertaken, but called off in late 2002, with reasons for termination unreported. The phase II results indicated that dutasteride at both 0.5 mg and 2.5 mg/day generated a superior hair count to finasteride 5 mg at 12 and 24 weeks.

Fina and Duta belong to the same class of drugs. Dutasteride inhibits two of the three isoforms of 5-alpha reductase, I and II, whereas finasteride only inhibits type II, and has a much shorter half-life.

Duta has a half life of one month so side effects could be prolonged versus Fina.

The efectiveness, however, is clear. Look at this chart:

http://s74.photobucket.com/user/pondle/media/DutversusfinincludingPropecia-1.jpg.html

I have debated switching but am concerned about the longer half llife.

Just ordered Ketoconazole shampoo (2% nizoral shampoo) Will wait to see if this helps, if not...finasteride is the next step.

Can you please PM me where from.

I used to get 5mg tabs and cut it into 4 to save money.
I switched to dutasteride 0.5mg, studies have shown that it works better than finasteride.

Is this something once can get in a store, or through a doctor?

Can you please PM me where from.

EZ... I know AY carries 2% just not 100% sure if its in stock.

Phase I and II clinical trials for dutasteride as a hair loss drug (for approval by the FDA) were undertaken, but called off in late 2002, with reasons for termination unreported. The phase II results indicated that dutasteride at both 0.5 mg and 2.5 mg/day generated a superior hair count to finasteride 5 mg at 12 and 24 weeks.

Fina and Duta belong to the same class of drugs. Dutasteride inhibits two of the three isoforms of 5-alpha reductase, I and II, whereas finasteride only inhibits type II, and has a much shorter half-life.

Duta has a half life of one month so side effects could be prolonged versus Fina.

The efectiveness, however, is clear. Look at this chart:

http://s74.photobucket.com/user/pondle/media/DutversusfinincludingPropecia-1.jpg.html

I have debated switching but am concerned about the longer half llife.
I had ED issues each time I've used finasteride, hence this time I decided to use dutasteride instead. PM me in a few weeks and I'll let you on how I am getting on.

Only in best pharmacies near you.

Back