• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Raiders Coach Resigns After Homophobic and Misogynistic Emails

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
In emails detailed by The New York Times, Raiders Coach Jon Gruden casually used misogynistic and homophobic language to disparage people.

Jon Gruden stepped down Monday as the coach of the Las Vegas Raiders football team hours after The New York Times detailed emails in which he had made homophobic and misogynistic remarks, following an earlier report of racist statements about a union leader.

His resignation was a striking departure from the football league for a coach who had won a Super Bowl, been a marquee analyst on ESPN and returned to the N.F.L. in 2018 to lead the resurgent Raiders, which he had coached years before.

“I have resigned as Head Coach of the Las Vegas Raiders,” he said on Twitter in a statement issued by the team. “I love the Raiders and do not want to be a distraction. Thank you to all the players, coaches, staff, and fans of Raider Nation. I’m sorry, I never meant to hurt anyone.”

Mark Davis, the owner of the Raiders, said in a statement that he had accepted the resignation. Rich Bisaccia, the Raiders’ special teams coordinator, was elevated to interim head coach, the team said.

Gruden’s departure came after a New York Times report that N.F.L. officials, as part of a separate workplace misconduct investigation that did not directly involve him, found that Gruden had casually and frequently unleashed misogynistic and homophobic language over several years to denigrate people around the game and to mock some of the league’s momentous changes.

He denounced the emergence of women as referees, the drafting of a gay player and the tolerance of players protesting during the playing of the national anthem, according to emails reviewed by The Times.

Gruden’s messages were sent to Bruce Allen, the former president of the Washington Football Team, and others, while he was working for ESPN as a color analyst during “Monday Night Football.” In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “faggot” and a “clueless anti football pussy” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “queers,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.

In numerous emails during a seven-year period ending in early 2018, Gruden criticized Goodell and the league for trying to reduce concussions and said that Eric Reid, a player who had demonstrated during the playing of the national anthem, should be fired. In several instances, Gruden used a homophobic slur to refer to Goodell and offensive language to describe some N.F.L. owners, coaches and journalists who cover the league.

Gruden, Allen, the N.F.L., and the Raiders did not respond to requests for comment.

Although not with a team at the time, Gruden was still influential in the league and highly coveted as a coach. He had won a Super Bowl with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers following the 2002 season. And in 2018, he was hired for his second stint as the head coach of the Raiders franchise, which includes defensive lineman Carl Nassib, the first active N.F.L. player to publicly declare that he is gay.

The league said last week that it shared emails with the Raiders in which Gruden made derogatory comments.

Gruden told ESPN on Sunday that the league was reviewing emails in which he criticized Goodell, and explained that he had been upset about team owners’ lockout of the players in 2011, when some of the emails were written. Gruden said in that interview that he had used an expletive to refer to Goodell and that he did so because he disapproved of Goodell’s emphasis on safety, which he believed was scaring parents into steering their sons away from football.

But Gruden’s behavior was not limited to 2011. Gruden exchanged emails with Allen and other men that included photos of women wearing only bikini bottoms, including one photo of two Washington team cheerleaders.

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/sports/football/what-did-jon-gruden-say.html

Lol

I won 20 bucks at work on him getting shit canned. Forced resignation I said not fired … honestly couldn’t stand gruden as a commentator … he won a super bowl against his former team with a team a black man built so… it’s pretty funny to me but still… de does have big lips…. So…. I mean… are we just not aloud to pick on people that aren’t straight white guys moving forward? Asking for a friend…..

You need a vaccine to see the games

And they were selling tickets for $1 dollar a piece

What a failure....

This is all pretty fucked up to lose a job over calling someone a fag ten years ago in an email when you weren’t even employed.

I really used to like Gruden, but damn he's a racist homophobic piece of shit.

I do not see anything wrong with what he said. He wasn't wrong... My best friend is Bi... I tell him all the time I will never understand his sexual lifestyle. I tell him to his face as I have and will anybody that is gay/queer/fag... It is not normal. The slippery slop is real. Even My best friend admits it was a mistake to allow gays to get "married"... because it was all about ruining what makes America great and even more so what made western society great.... You know what that is or should say was? Family structure. Strong family units are 1000 times harder to brainwash and tear apart. Degeneracy is at an all time high. Marriage is at an all time low... children by white families (already the world wide minority) are down to record lows. If you are not able to correlate the whys.... then I would suggest looking into it.

I married an Asian women who is old fashion so I did not have to put up with all the bullshit I see many of you post... cheating.. finding out they have an only fans account...physcial, mental, and sexual abuse... using sex as a weapon... divorce... using the kids as a weapon.

You will never see me make a post like that... because none of those things will ever happen to me...
I caught on after my 6th or so Americanized cunt (all races btw) cheated on me, stole money, used me to get whatever they were after, abused me etc... I mean pussy is great an all but it isn't worth all that. Control your biology gentlemen and the war with women gets so easy...

As to women being refs or in the mens locker rooms as reporters? Hmm... are men reporters aloud in the females locker rooms (non trans men are aloud but I mean Strait white males).

It's football if you are that big a pussy you can not handle some name calling... I'd say you aint man enough top play in the first place.

Until my race is not attacked or being replaced... consider me racist/bigoted I guess... but I have never judged anybody other than by their merits. I will continue to use whatever words I please. Free speech and all that... plus I carry 24/7... see that 2nd amendment allows me to have the 1st....odd how that works...maybe our founding fathers were on to something.

This is all pretty fucked up to lose a job over calling someone a fag ten years ago in an email when you weren’t even employed.

I think I kinda agree.
Yeah he's a piece of shit racist homophobe.. But they went after him like he said that shit that day.
It's all about optics.. They gotta LOOK like they're not putting up with it.

IML Gear Cream!
The fucked up thing is in his locker room, RAP music was probably blasting all day long with nigger this and nigger that. but out with the white man, he's mean, he says bad words, fuck outta here.
And Kilsong, how is it that you can be a dick smoking asshole and everyone has to except that regardless of their own opinions but he gets fired for expressing his opinions, again, get he fuck outta here...:coffee:

I do not see anything wrong with what he said. He wasn't wrong...

it was not just one thing he said and one email, it was numerous things over the course of many years...I don't think you know the full story.

The fucked up thing is in his locker room, RAP music was probably blasting all day long with nigger this and nigger that. but out with the white man, he's mean, he says bad words, fuck outta here.
And Kilsong, how is it that you can be a dick smoking asshole and everyone has to except that regardless of their own opinions but he gets fired for expressing his opinions, again, get he fuck outta here...:coffee:

Well... I have never posted ANY racist or anti straight comments my good man.
There's a difference.
Secondly.. I'm an asshole because I don't agree with your politics?
Okaaaaay

Fuck the Raiders anyway. Go Chargers! Lol

Well... I have never posted ANY racist or anti straight comments my good man.
There's a difference.
Secondly.. I'm an asshole because I don't agree with your politics?
Okaaaaay

No, my point is everyone has to except your life choices or they are homophobic racist, but people (white people) are getting their worlds fucked up by having their own opinions if they are not in line with the libs like you.
maybe dick smoking asshole was a little strong but the double standards are ridiculous, in work I hear sweet little old black women dropping "N" bombs but if a white person says it they are heading to H.R. and most likely out he door, BLM is accepted but proud boys is a terrriosist group, I don't buy it. Bunch of triggered pussies these days, Gruden is a football coach, not a life coach, who gives a fuck what he says, just people like you who get offended at everything when you are hiding your own lifestyle from your own family...:coffee:

anti straight, now that's fuckin funny.....:coffe:

Fuck the Raiders anyway. Go Chargers! Lol

Fuck the entire NFL and their woke shit, I stopped watching several years ago.

I think I kinda agree.
Yeah he's a piece of shit racist homophobe.. But they went after him like he said that shit that day.
It's all about optics.. They gotta LOOK like they're not putting up with it.

How do you know that, do you know him personally??

The thing I always liked about Gruden is that he is brutally honest but what probably did him in is when he said the head of the player’s union had lips the size of Michelin tires.

Fuck the entire NFL and their woke shit, I stopped watching several years ago.

I need brought up to speed. Calling people fags=no and being woke=no? Where’s the line in the sand? I don’t hate gays but I’ll be damned if I gotta stop calling people fags. How do you unlearn that kind of conditioning?

I need brought up to speed. Calling people fags=no and being woke=no? WhereÂ’s the line in the sand? I donÂ’t hate gays but IÂ’ll be damned if I gotta stop calling people fags. How do you unlearn that kind of conditioning?

People are stupid and way too easily offended. There now you’re up to speed.

Just imagine how much people will lose their shit if we ever get a recording from one of those locker rooms…. You guys know what I’m talkin bout…..

I need brought up to speed. Calling people fags=no and being woke=no? Where’s the line in the sand? I don’t hate gays but I’ll be damned if I gotta stop calling people fags. How do you unlearn that kind of conditioning?

go to YouTube I think you will find 20+ news video's on all that was said.

How do you know that, do you know him personally??

CNN and ESPN said so, so it must be true in Libturd-Land. Im sure Kilsong NEVER said a thing bad about another person in his life.
You know how hypocrite Libturdz are...

I just wanna see the topless cheerleaders pics. Anyone got them?

it was not just one thing he said and one email, it was numerous things over the course of many years...I don't think you know the full story.
I will look into and educate myself then sir. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity without attacking me first.

Back