• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Partial Torn Pec - Keep Training?

Lincoln30TT

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Alright, so I partial torn my pec major. I still have mobility and can do basic day to day tasks, but it's constantly aching and hurts to use.

My question is: Should I get off cycle and totally rest? Or keep on my cycle and focus on my legs and any movements I can do without engaging my chest? I'm pretty sure I can still work arms, some light back with cables, traps, and some shoulders.

I'm 4 weeks into my bulking cycle and seeing awesome results. (this is my heaviest cycle ever)

It's best to stop training and rest in fact I would go see a orthopedic. I tore my left pec completely off the bone had to have it reattached. Its only been 5 months since surgery and the dr is just now letting me start back but I can only do very light weights(5 to 15 lbs) with lots of reps. But I will say this I lowered my test down to 125 mgs per week and my deca to 50 mgs per week time I tore it and kept it like that the whole time. Plus on top of me tearing my pec I also tore my left rotator cuff and had it repaired with my pec. My Dr said he hasnt seen anyone heal like Im healing, i didnt tell him I was taking any ped.I wish you the very best with your partial tear I also believe I would go ahead and get it fixed.

Stop training your upper body at this time, get an MRI to determine the size of the tear, and see an orthopedic surgeon ASAP. Partial tears can fill in with scar tissue, but you need to give your body a chance to heal. If you are constantly stretching & contracting the muscle, you will not give the tear a chance heal. I am a PT, and have had numerous patients over the years that would not listen, kept on working out, and ended up completely rupturing the tendon.

Back