• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Anybody faint while in operating room?

Dano22

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My daughter was born this morning, 3rd kid. Slept about 3 hours and headed to the hospital. Usually I eat a ton for breakfast. Since we had to be there at 4:30am I skipped breakfast thinking I could find some time to eat something that didn’t happen . My 2 boys were c sections, mother in law wanted to be the support person for my boys since she’s in the medical field and enjoys the blood and shit. I for one can’t do the gory shit . BUT for my daughter and last baby I said this time it’s my turn woman. Everything was cool, baby was born and I walked over to the warming/cleaning station. Hungry as shit. Feeling weak. I turned around to have a look at the wife while they were snipping her tubes. Lights out boys . Don’t skip breakfast for all you young guys. You’ll pay the price . Anybody else have any hospital mishaps?

Congrats, man! Skipping meals and going hypo is no fun. I can't do fasted blood work to save my life.

Hahaha this definitely hits home. When I was in nursing school I had to do a rotation through labor and delivery at Duke hospital. Well I got the opportunity to see a little boy circumcised. They gave him a little liquid Tylenol for pain and then secured him to a board and went to town. Next thing I know im breaking out in a cold sweat, I Feel my ears plugging up and I run for the door out. The door was locked from outside so I was stuck in that room and next thing I know I'm sitting up on the floor and everyone is asking me of I'm alright. My classmates didn't let me live that down the rest of the year.

Last edited:
Haha Bro your certainly not alone and believe me no one loves to see someone else bleed and shit more than me. There’s just something about that whole atmosphere that makes me vulnerable to passing out. I was cool the entire time until I saw the doctor pushing out this purple bullshit into a pan. I’m assuming it was afterbirth whatever that is but soon as I saw that it was lights out. Next thing I remember was seeing the Doc and a bunch of nurses smirking and telling me it might be better for me to go out in the hall and catch my breath. What made it even worse is the Doc knew what I did for a living at the time. Lol Talk about embarrassing. Looking back it was all worth it though. BTW congrats on your new one bro. It’s an awesome thing for sure.

My daughter was born this morning, 3rd kid. Slept about 3 hours and headed to the hospital. Usually I eat a ton for breakfast. Since we had to be there at 4:30am I skipped breakfast thinking I could find some time to eat something that didn’t happen . My 2 boys were c sections, mother in law wanted to be the support person for my boys since she’s in the medical field and enjoys the blood and shit. I for one can’t do the gory shit . BUT for my daughter and last baby I said this time it’s my turn woman. Everything was cool, baby was born and I walked over to the warming/cleaning station. Hungry as shit. Feeling weak. I turned around to have a look at the wife while they were snipping her tubes. Lights out boys . Don’t skip breakfast for all you young guys. You’ll pay the price . Anybody else have any hospital mishaps?

Last edited:
I wasn’t expecting support on this to be honest haha. Glad to see I’m not alone . I was very embarrassed and almost upset because I thought everyone was giving me a shameful look. We spent our 2 hours in the recovery room and then moved floors so I got to go back to acting like a tough guy again with new nurses. I give serious props to people that work trauma or just our everyday ambulance medics . It has to be impossible to not take that kinda work home with you . I pray I never need them

Haha Bro your certainly not alone and believe me no one loves to see someone else bleed and shit more than me. There’s just something about that whole atmosphere that makes me vulnerable to passing out. I was cool the entire time until I saw the doctor pushing out this purple bullshit into a pan. I’m assuming it was afterbirth whatever that is but soon as I saw that it was lights out. Next thing I remember was seeing the Doc and a bunch of nurses smirking and telling me it might be better for me to go out in the hall and catch my breath. What made it even worse is the Doc knew what I did for a living at the time. Lol Talk about embarrassing. Looking back it was all worth it though. BTW congrats on your new one bro. It’s an awesome thing for sure.

Nurses love to see a big guy go down. Any guy really, but the bigger the better.

Overheard nurse conversation: "Why is it *always* the big guys that go down?"

I have a friend who faints every time he passes his blood test, nothing helps (eating before or skipping breakfast, looking or turning away).
It just happens every time. More psychological than physical, I guess.

I work in surgery. Every once in a while a resident or student visitor who hasn't seen blood yet will go down. I guess hunger wouldn't help.

Congrats on your baby daughter and may she bring you joy!! Now your boys have a sister to torment, lmao.

I have fainted in a hospital before, and when I was giving blood so early in the AM before I even ate. No bueno...

IML Gear Cream!
Nurses love to see a big guy go down. Any guy really, but the bigger the better.

Overheard nurse conversation: "Why is it *always* the big guys that go down?"
Yeah, I noticed that too. After I fainted while donating, when I came to I found myself in a hospital bed surrounded by nurses. Oh they just loved seeing me, LOL.

Thank y’all for the congrats. My boys see me as the enforcer and asshole so they gravitate to mom. Nice to have a daughter that will favor dad. Being a boy dad and my sister having all boys , that’s all I know . Having to change a baby girls diaper was like the end of the world for me . Whole different ball game, I’m a ocd clean freak, especially when it comes to germs and hygiene. Successfully cleaned her twice today so the nerves are gone. Exciting redirection in my life. Any daughter parenting tips would be great . My dad wasn’t so good at being emotional and tender haha. Being a single dad . My sister was raised by me and him and she’s definitely fucked up from it

Thank y’all for the congrats. My boys see me as the enforcer and asshole so they gravitate to mom. Nice to have a daughter that will favor dad. Being a boy dad and my sister having all boys , that’s all I know . Having to change a baby girls diaper was like the end of the world for me . Whole different ball game, I’m a ocd clean freak, especially when it comes to germs and hygiene. Successfully cleaned her twice today so the nerves are gone. Exciting redirection in my life. Any daughter parenting tips would be great . My dad wasn’t so good at being emotional and tender haha. Being a single dad . My sister was raised by me and him and she’s definitely fucked up from it
Lol wait till the boys start tormenting their little sister when she's older :p

Hell ya bro, and good luck!! I just had a baby girl 5 months ago. She's the best. Its hard work, but you'll love it. They grow up so fast. I cut the umbilical cord, and held her. Shit was crazy!! Congratulations bro!!

I wish I had some great tips for you bro but unfortunately I was never around when mine were little. Biggest regret I have in life that’s for sure. Sounds like you got it though cause I do remember that getting them super clean was really important because of infection. I can also say for me having a girl was was different than when we had our son. After he popped out I got like this super rush of pride and just couldn’t wait for my new best buddy to come home. I had like the first few years all planned out in my head already. Ofcourse doing manly stuff like sports and shit. When my daughters came out I had the same sense of pride and happiness but in their case I suddenly became their protector from everything evil in the world. Nobody was gonna fuck with my daughters. Still like that today but the funny part is my youngest daughter is a complete bad ass and would literally rip her big brother apart if she wanted to. I think I may have produced the next Rhonda Rousey but for real this time. Lol My son is completely the opposite. He doesn’t like violence and would rather play video games than any type of sport stuff. I’m still proud of them all though. Kids are awesome. Again Congrats man.

Don't treat her any different than you do the boys. If she wants to go hunting, fishing, gym, work on the truck, whatever, encourage her. The best you thing you can do is raise independent, intelligent, capable human beings. Let her figure out her own path after you've given her all the basics.

Don't treat her any different than you do the boys. If she wants to go hunting, fishing, gym, work on the truck, whatever, encourage her. The best you thing you can do is raise independent, intelligent, capable human beings. Let her figure out her own path after you've given her all the basics.

I hate to say this....

I agree in some aspects.... My mother even though she was psycho and treated me like a girl for the first 4-7 years of my life roughly....did all but dress me up as one... I did learn a lot. I learned all the "female" chores and I am able to shop with the best of them beeyatchs!!! ;-)

That said... I think genders do have specific roles to fill. Would I take my daughter hunting.... absolutely but I would make sure she does not abandons her femininity. I would teach her as would her mother that women have a role to fill just as men do. It is fine to cross into each other's territory but one should never fully take over the other's sphere of influence and responsibilities.

What my mother did was extreme and it certainly messed me up somewhat. It took a few years for sure to readjust. I would say I over adjusted a tad bit too. Prolly why I was so drawn to violence. Had to prove my manhood etc...

Men can be 100% self sufficient but women will never be, even with science and tech progressing. Imagine a young gal with her period trying to hunt without a Pad or Tampon.... it just is not gonna happen. Tech has helped by animals can still smell it... do not believe me take 3 gals on their period into the woods and go hunting... see what comes around...predators will...not game...
Tis why ole' Yeller buries his face in females crotches too...lol

Plus they are not able to deal with physical situations as well when alone. Not to mention highly emotional situations... that is why they go apeshit crazy screaming "let me go" "let me go" "He is killing me" etc... when any physicality starts... they know other men will rescue them...but that doesn't happen in times of war and times of shtf.

Certainly not all men are capable either but that is typically from being raised by divorced/single mothers...

To raise a kid right really takes both parents being involved. But we weren't really talking about that.... another conversation for another day!

Plus they are not able to deal with physical situations as well when alone. Not to mention highly emotional situations... that is why they go apeshit crazy screaming "let me go" "let me go" "He is killing me" etc... when any physicality starts... they know other men will rescue them...but that doesn't happen in times of war and times of shtf.

This is *exactly* why they need to be taught to be self sufficient. Up to and including defending themselves. Women will never get a "fair fight". And there's probably a time coming within the next few generations that many women will not have a man around to defend them.

Attachments

• AKG21.jpg
    AKG21.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 6
I kinda agree with you bro. Right up until the 100% self sufficient thing. I’ve been around many many alpha females in my life and I think your a little off base. Yes no one will argue they may not be as physically capable as a man but there are females smart enough to realize you don’t need to be a 300lb bruser to protect themselves. They realize that and they use other ways to even the playing field. They stay in groups, they use intelligence, they use sexuality, etc. etc. It’s called survival. Never underestimate the power of the “P”.

I hate to say this....

I agree in some aspects.... My mother even though she was psycho and treated me like a girl for the first 4-7 years of my life roughly....did all but dress me up as one... I did learn a lot. I learned all the "female" chores and I am able to shop with the best of them beeyatchs!!! ;-)

That said... I think genders do have specific roles to fill. Would I take my daughter hunting.... absolutely but I would make sure she does not abandons her femininity. I would teach her as would her mother that women have a role to fill just as men do. It is fine to cross into each other's territory but one should never fully take over the other's sphere of influence and responsibilities.

What my mother did was extreme and it certainly messed me up somewhat. It took a few years for sure to readjust. I would say I over adjusted a tad bit too. Prolly why I was so drawn to violence. Had to prove my manhood etc...

Men can be 100% self sufficient but women will never be, even with science and tech progressing. Imagine a young gal with her period trying to hunt without a Pad or Tampon.... it just is not gonna happen. Tech has helped by animals can still smell it... do not believe me take 3 gals on their period into the woods and go hunting... see what comes around...predators will...not game...
Tis why ole' Yeller buries his face in females crotches too...lol

Certainly not all men are capable either but that is typically from being raised by divorced/single mothers...

To raise a kid right really takes both parents being involved. But we weren't really talking about that.... another conversation for another day!

Get Shredded!
words of wisdom, bro.

Back