Anybody faint while in operating room?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    179

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    92
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Rep Points
    3040985

    Anybody faint while in operating room?

    My daughter was born this morning, 3rd kid. Slept about 3 hours and headed to the hospital. Usually I eat a ton for breakfast. Since we had to be there at 4:30am I skipped breakfast thinking I could find some time to eat something that didnít happen . My 2 boys were c sections, mother in law wanted to be the support person for my boys since sheís in the medical field and enjoys the blood and shit. I for one canít do the gory shit . BUT for my daughter and last baby I said this time itís my turn woman. Everything was cool, baby was born and I walked over to the warming/cleaning station. Hungry as shit. Feeling weak. I turned around to have a look at the wife while they were snipping her tubes. Lights out boys . Donít skip breakfast for all you young guys. Youíll pay the price . Anybody else have any hospital mishaps?

  2. #2
    ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD
    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,570

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21,384
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    25,447
    Thanked in
    12,136 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Congrats, man! Skipping meals and going hypo is no fun. I can't do fasted blood work to save my life.

  3. #3
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,213

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    197
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    562
    Thanked in
    397 Posts
    Rep Points
    334364807

    Negative, but Iíve caught a few people falling from fainting in the OR.

  4. #4
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    566

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    178
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    114
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Rep Points
    880861830

    Hahaha this definitely hits home. When I was in nursing school I had to do a rotation through labor and delivery at Duke hospital. Well I got the opportunity to see a little boy circumcised. They gave him a little liquid Tylenol for pain and then secured him to a board and went to town. Next thing I know im breaking out in a cold sweat, I Feel my ears plugging up and I run for the door out. The door was locked from outside so I was stuck in that room and next thing I know I'm sitting up on the floor and everyone is asking me of I'm alright. My classmates didn't let me live that down the rest of the year.
    Last edited by sityslicker1; 10-08-2021 at 03:51 PM.



  5. #5
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,233

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,283
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,291
    Thanked in
    1,320 Posts
    Rep Points
    37769552

    Haha Bro your certainly not alone and believe me no one loves to see someone else bleed and shit more than me. Thereís just something about that whole atmosphere that makes me vulnerable to passing out. I was cool the entire time until I saw the doctor pushing out this purple bullshit into a pan. Iím assuming it was afterbirth whatever that is but soon as I saw that it was lights out. Next thing I remember was seeing the Doc and a bunch of nurses smirking and telling me it might be better for me to go out in the hall and catch my breath. What made it even worse is the Doc knew what I did for a living at the time. Lol Talk about embarrassing. Looking back it was all worth it though. BTW congrats on your new one bro. Itís an awesome thing for sure.



    Quote Originally Posted by Dano22 View Post
    My daughter was born this morning, 3rd kid. Slept about 3 hours and headed to the hospital. Usually I eat a ton for breakfast. Since we had to be there at 4:30am I skipped breakfast thinking I could find some time to eat something that didnít happen . My 2 boys were c sections, mother in law wanted to be the support person for my boys since sheís in the medical field and enjoys the blood and shit. I for one canít do the gory shit . BUT for my daughter and last baby I said this time itís my turn woman. Everything was cool, baby was born and I walked over to the warming/cleaning station. Hungry as shit. Feeling weak. I turned around to have a look at the wife while they were snipping her tubes. Lights out boys . Donít skip breakfast for all you young guys. Youíll pay the price . Anybody else have any hospital mishaps?
    Last edited by AR-15; 10-08-2021 at 05:03 PM.

  6. #6
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    179

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    92
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Rep Points
    3040985

    I wasnít expecting support on this to be honest haha. Glad to see Iím not alone . I was very embarrassed and almost upset because I thought everyone was giving me a shameful look. We spent our 2 hours in the recovery room and then moved floors so I got to go back to acting like a tough guy again with new nurses. I give serious props to people that work trauma or just our everyday ambulance medics . It has to be impossible to not take that kinda work home with you . I pray I never need them

  7. #7
    ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD
    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    20,570

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21,384
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    25,447
    Thanked in
    12,136 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by AR-15 View Post
    Haha Bro your certainly not alone and believe me no one loves to see someone else bleed and shit more than me. Thereís just something about that whole atmosphere that makes me vulnerable to passing out. I was cool the entire time until I saw the doctor pushing out this purple bullshit into a pan. Iím assuming it was afterbirth whatever that is but soon as I saw that it was lights out. Next thing I remember was seeing the Doc and a bunch of nurses smirking and telling me it might be better for me to go out in the hall and catch my breath. What made it even worse is the Doc knew what I did for a living at the time. Lol Talk about embarrassing. Looking back it was all worth it though. BTW congrats on your new one bro. Itís an awesome thing for sure.

    Nurses love to see a big guy go down. Any guy really, but the bigger the better.

    Overheard nurse conversation: "Why is it *always* the big guys that go down?"

  8. #8
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    Drugsgear's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,980

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    568
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    I have a friend who faints every time he passes his blood test, nothing helps (eating before or skipping breakfast, looking or turning away).
    It just happens every time. More psychological than physical, I guess.


    We provide DOMESTIC shipping within USA
    Drugsgear.com
    contact me Dgear@protonmail.com


  9. #9
    Registered User
    doichtoro's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    61

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    14
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    50
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Rep Points
    500100

    I work in surgery. Every once in a while a resident or student visitor who hasn't seen blood yet will go down. I guess hunger wouldn't help.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    12,125

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11,674
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,570
    Thanked in
    2,869 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Congrats on your baby daughter and may she bring you joy!! Now your boys have a sister to torment, lmao.


    I have fainted in a hospital before, and when I was giving blood so early in the AM before I even ate. No bueno...
    Show me

  11. #11
    Registered User
    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    12,125

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11,674
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,570
    Thanked in
    2,869 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Nurses love to see a big guy go down. Any guy really, but the bigger the better.

    Overheard nurse conversation: "Why is it *always* the big guys that go down?"
    Yeah, I noticed that too. After I fainted while donating, when I came to I found myself in a hospital bed surrounded by nurses. Oh they just loved seeing me, LOL.
    Show me

  12. #12
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    179

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    92
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Rep Points
    3040985

    Thank yíall for the congrats. My boys see me as the enforcer and asshole so they gravitate to mom. Nice to have a daughter that will favor dad. Being a boy dad and my sister having all boys , thatís all I know . Having to change a baby girls diaper was like the end of the world for me . Whole different ball game, Iím a ocd clean freak, especially when it comes to germs and hygiene. Successfully cleaned her twice today so the nerves are gone. Exciting redirection in my life. Any daughter parenting tips would be great . My dad wasnít so good at being emotional and tender haha. Being a single dad . My sister was raised by me and him and sheís definitely fucked up from it

  13. #13
    Registered User
    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    12,125

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11,674
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,570
    Thanked in
    2,869 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Dano22 View Post
    Thank yíall for the congrats. My boys see me as the enforcer and asshole so they gravitate to mom. Nice to have a daughter that will favor dad. Being a boy dad and my sister having all boys , thatís all I know . Having to change a baby girls diaper was like the end of the world for me . Whole different ball game, Iím a ocd clean freak, especially when it comes to germs and hygiene. Successfully cleaned her twice today so the nerves are gone. Exciting redirection in my life. Any daughter parenting tips would be great . My dad wasnít so good at being emotional and tender haha. Being a single dad . My sister was raised by me and him and sheís definitely fucked up from it
    Lol wait till the boys start tormenting their little sister when she's older :P
    Show me

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Seattlesbest's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Big Green
    Posts
    11,743

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    609
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    760
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Hell ya bro, and good luck!! I just had a baby girl 5 months ago. She's the best. Its hard work, but you'll love it. They grow up so fast. I cut the umbilical cord, and held her. Shit was crazy!! Congratulations bro!!
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.


  15. #15
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,233

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,283
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,291
    Thanked in
    1,320 Posts
    Rep Points
    37769552

    I wish I had some great tips for you bro but unfortunately I was never around when mine were little. Biggest regret I have in life thatís for sure. Sounds like you got it though cause I do remember that getting them super clean was really important because of infection. I can also say for me having a girl was was different than when we had our son. After he popped out I got like this super rush of pride and just couldnít wait for my new best buddy to come home. I had like the first few years all planned out in my head already. Ofcourse doing manly stuff like sports and shit. When my daughters came out I had the same sense of pride and happiness but in their case I suddenly became their protector from everything evil in the world. Nobody was gonna fuck with my daughters. Still like that today but the funny part is my youngest daughter is a complete bad ass and would literally rip her big brother apart if she wanted to. I think I may have produced the next Rhonda Rousey but for real this time. Lol My son is completely the opposite. He doesnít like violence and would rather play video games than any type of sport stuff. Iím still proud of them all though. Kids are awesome. Again Congrats man.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dano22 View Post
    Thank yíall for the congrats. My boys see me as the enforcer and asshole so they gravitate to mom. Nice to have a daughter that will favor dad. Being a boy dad and my sister having all boys , thatís all I know . Having to change a baby girls diaper was like the end of the world for me . Whole different ball game, Iím a ocd clean freak, especially when it comes to germs and hygiene. Successfully cleaned her twice today so the nerves are gone. Exciting redirection in my life. Any daughter parenting tips would be great . My dad wasnít so good at being emotional and tender haha. Being a single dad . My sister was raised by me and him and sheís definitely fucked up from it

Similar Threads

  1. New operating hours
    By joos23 in forum King Labs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2021, 11:07 AM
  2. New operating hours
    By joos23 in forum King Labs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2021, 02:23 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2019, 01:05 PM
  4. Not for the faint at heart!!!!
    By drealdeal in forum GrAnabolic
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-11-2017, 11:04 AM
  5. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-26-2015, 06:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2021 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums