• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Lower cortisol levels and high DHEA levels retain muscle mass

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Lower cortisol levels and high DHEA levels retain muscle mass, cortisol can be catabolic as most know and it may slow or hamper gains.🤔
DHEA 100 - (dehydroepiandrosterone) - 100mg/ml 10ml vial - Euro-Pharmacies

Wimu4R1.jpg

If you want to prevent your body from losing muscle mass after your 65th birthday, make sure that your cortisol level remains at an acceptable low level and at the same time keep your DHEA level high.
We, the industrious compilers of this free web magazine, come to that bold statement after reading the epidemiological study published by Japanese endocrinologists in the Journal of the Endocrine Society.

STUDY

The Japanese studied 108 people over 65 with type 2 diabetes, a chronic disease which the chance of muscle decay. The researchers determined on the basis of muscle strength,
muscle mass and daily functioning whether the study participants suffered from age-related muscle loss or, as doctors prefer, sarcopenia.
In addition, the researchers analyzed the blood of the study participants, and determined the DHEA sulfate [DHEA-S] and cortisol concentration.
The bulk of the DHEA that circulates in your body is DHEA sulfate.
Click on the figure below for a larger version.

RfnzLdC.gif

Results
As you would expect, the chance of sarcopenia increased as the years went by. But when the researchers had polished away the effect of all sorts of other factors, the effect of age on sarcopenia was no longer convincing. However, the ratio of cortisol: DHEA sulphate appeared to be a reliable predictor of age-related muscle loss

pJU1tRP.gif

2PGGrwp.gif

The more cortisol there was in the blood of study participants, the greater their chance of sarcopenia. High DHEA levels had the opposite effect.

Conclusion
"A relative increase in cortisol may reflect the presence of stress and stimulate muscle catabolism, whereas a relative decrease in the sulfate ester or DHEA may cause a decrease in the anabolic action or DHEA on muscle; the combination of these factors may lead to sarcopenia", the Japanese summarize their findings.

Wild speculation on our part
According to some studies, Tai Chi increases DHEA levels and also lowers cortisol levels. Could you fight sarcopenia with Tai-Chi, whether or not in combination with resistance training?
And if that doesn't work well, could you then take DHEA? Supplementation with DHEA not only increases the DHEA level, but also lowers cortisol levels...

Source:
📚High Serum Cortisol/DHEA-S Ratio Is a Risk Factor for Sarcopenia in Elderly Diabetic Patients📚

Shit , i'm 65 now ...i need to jump on it . What is a good dosing for the tabs ? Would half a tab do the trick ? Thanks bro

I tried DHEA and it only raised my estrogen when I got blood work my total test was 98 and estrogen was 38 🤯 I stopped immediately but for older fellas on trt which I wasn't at the time I have seen DHEA raise igf1 levels and e2 levels that help with gains and weight loss so as a tool it definitely has its place just not unless supplementing testosterone or natural levels of testosterone are present

I tried DHEA and it only raised my estrogen when I got blood work my total test was 98 and estrogen was 38 🤯 I stopped immediately but for older fellas on trt which I wasn't at the time I have seen DHEA raise igf1 levels and e2 levels that help with gains and weight loss so as a tool it definitely has its place just not unless supplementing testosterone or natural levels of testosterone are present

For some people it very well may raise e2, that is 100% certain. But for some it's just an added bonus that helps them feel good, and it improve the sense of well-being.
It's not entirely necessary but it is a good added bonus.

Prior lab work revealed my DHEA and DHEA-S was low. At that time I started using oral over the counter DHEA and I couldn't tell that it made any difference in the way that I was feeling. I was having severe adrenal insufficiency symptoms. After getting Injectable DHEA from PSL and adding it to my routine I noticed that I slowly started to feel better. It will continue to be a regular part of my routine.

I inject 25mg on Mon, Wed and Fri and that is all I need! What this means Is that it is VERY cost effective given that I'm only using 0.75ml per week. I've tried higher dosages and it made me feel over stimulated resulting in anxiety but as long as I stick to my personal dosage I definitely have an increased feeling of well-being and more energy 😀

I still run this EOD and I love it. I only do 25mg EOD and it`s amazing! A few vials last a long long time at the dose i run. If i go above that dose I get anxiety and just feel like I`m on edge. This stuff is STRONG! At 25mg EOD I feel great and this stuff drastically improved my quality of life after having lab work done and seeing my DHEA and DHEA-s was low.

For some people it very well may raise e2, that is 100% certain. But for some it's just an added bonus that helps them feel good, and it improve the sense of well-being.
It's not entirely necessary but it is a good added bonus.
I wonder if running provi and mast along with does would negate side effects. Do you see a reason to take dhea if you're already on test?

I've been using EP injetable DHEA for 3 weeks so far. 50mg EOD. Might be a little to much? Age 53 on TRT. I seem to be feeling stronger and all around better sence of well being. Going to wait until week 6 when I need to get blood work done and check my levals. Adjust from there.

IML Gear Cream!
I've been using EP injetable DHEA for 3 weeks so far. 50mg EOD. Might be a little to much? Age 53 on TRT. I seem to be feeling stronger and all around better sence of well being. Going to wait until week 6 when I need to get blood work done and check my levals. Adjust from there.
50mg is exactly what Vision suggested I start with when I started taking it so I think you are spot on brother! Where i am a hyper responder to a lot of things I just don`t need as much as the average person :)

I wonder if running provi and mast along with does would negate side effects. Do you see a reason to take dhea if you're already on test?
I am sure Vision will get back to you but I would suggest next time you buy lab work that you add a DHEA and DHEA-s to see where you are. Otherwise I think it is always a nice addition and may enhance your sense of well-being. Vision knows WAY more about it than I do though and in fact everything i know about it I learned from him :)

Back