Usps

Thread: Usps

In my truck with her size 7 bare feet against the windshield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts
    Rep Points

Usps

I was browsing thru some of The Pit's threads to find anything posted about the postal system deliberately being slowed down by the postmaster general and his goons before making this post.
    I was dropping off some stuff at my local post office the other day when the lady behind the counter said the postmaster general is slowing down all mail deliveries as of OCT 1st.
    She stated that it would literally be slower than I was back in the 70's. I remember ordering stuff back in the 70's and waiting 6-8 weeks to get it.
    When I order from wish it takes anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks (depending on what I've ordered).
    Guess this means when I place an order for some g e a r I will have to order weeks in advance now. Instead of the usual 2 weeks out.
    ENGINEERED TO SPEC! BUILT TO LAST!

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12,139 Posts
    Rep Points

It's legit:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mail-de...sps-october-1/

This is pretty common every time they want more money. "Slow down" vs strike.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,313 Posts
    Rep Points

USPS is as shitty a company as it gets in the first place

They lose a pack at least once a week on me and I am paying for priority packs that land 5-10 days later

If they weren't a "govt" business, they would be out of business a long long time ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Rep Points

I remember when I was on a deployment, in fact it was 5 years ago on October 8 my father took my rent check to the post office himself, asked for first class mail, and wouldnt you know these fuckers lost it. Which caused a shit storm with my land lord. Not only are they slow but they are incompetent!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,401 Posts
    Rep Points

I predict the USPS will run themselves out of business in 2 to 4 yrs..Just like pay phones..better,cheaper services out there..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,543 Posts
    Rep Points

~
    [[[[------------------]]]]

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,372 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GYMnTONIC View Post
    USPS is as shitty a company as it gets in the first place

They lose a pack at least once a week on me and I am paying for priority packs that land 5-10 days later

If they weren't a "govt" business, they would be out of business a long long time ago.
    Yep
    IRONLION LABS
    Quality HGH, Raws and Peptides
    Wickr: ironlionlabs

Click here**PLEASE READ THE RULES**

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,270 Posts
    Rep Points

I was sent a notification it was only for first class mail. I don't think it will affect priority mail but the last few years everything has been slowed down.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    794 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    I was sent a notification it was only for first class mail. I don't think it will affect priority mail but the last few years everything has been slowed down.
    Yes I heard same thing its only first class mail slow down and its due to mail being all packages and now mail is considered a package business .....with that being said it isnt forgetting about first class mail , but only transitioning to bein able to handle packages just as efficient.....who knows
    Last edited by twisted; 10-04-2021 at 11:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts
    Rep Points

I also just heard that it has to do with a postmaster general who is a multi millionaire due to owning private postal companies that are in direct competition with USPS, a postmaster who wants to "privatize" usps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts
    Rep Points

The New York Times

Postal Service Has Paid DeJoy’s Former Company $286 Million Since 2013

Documents obtained through a public records request showed the degree to which XPO Logistics, Postmaster General Louis DeJoy’s former employer, is intertwined with the agency he now oversees.

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has come under scrutiny for his continued financial ties to XPO, a $16 billion logistics firm.
    Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has come under scrutiny for his continued financial ties to XPO, a $16 billion logistics firm.Credit...Anna Moneymaker for The New York Times

By Luke Broadwater and Catie Edmondson
    Published Sept. 2, 2020Updated June 3, 2021

WASHINGTON — The United States Postal Service has paid about $286 million over the past seven years to XPO Logistics, the former employer of Postmaster General Louis DeJoy. He still holds at least a $30 million stake in the company, which has ramped up its business with the Postal Service since he took the helm at the agency.

The figures, obtained by The New York Times from a public records request, shed new light on the extent to which the company where Mr. DeJoy was a top executive — and in which he still has a substantial amount of money invested — is intertwined with the agency he now runs, fueling questions about a potential conflict of interest. They emerged on the same day that the House Oversight Committee issued a promised subpoena for documents that the panel has said Mr. DeJoy is withholding from Congress, including information about his personal financial affairs.

Through about 100 contracts with XPO Logistics and its subsidiaries, the Postal Service has paid the firm $33.7 million to $45.2 million annually since 2014 for services that include managing transportation and providing support during peak times.

The documents also show a surge in revenue for XPO from the Postal Service since Mr. DeJoy took over on June 15. The Postal Service paid XPO Logistics and its subsidiaries about $14 million over the past 10 weeks, compared with $3.4 million during the same time frame in 2019 and $4.7 million in 2018.

Advertisement
    Continue reading the main story

A spokesman for XPO attributed the uptick to the expansion of a contract with the Postal Service that was amended in December, months before Mr. DeJoy was selected to lead the agency.

David Partenheimer, a spokesman for the Postal Service, said that Mr. DeJoy had no involvement in contracting decisions and had recused himself from any involvement in dealings with his former company.

“The postmaster general correctly stated that he has ‘nothing to do with’ XPO’s contracts with the Postal Service,” Mr. Partenheimer said in an email. “The contracting officers making contracting decisions about work with XPO are many levels below the C.E.O. on the organization chart.”

Mr. DeJoy, he added, was “prohibited by the government ethics rules from any involvement with XPO’s U.S.P.S. contracts.”

Mr. DeJoy has come under scrutiny for his continued financial ties to XPO, a $16 billion logistics firm. He served as the chief executive of the company’s supply chain business until 2015 and was a board member until 2018. He continues to hold $30 million to $75 million in the company, and received $1.86 million in rent last year from XPO through a leasing agreement he brokered while still at the firm.