• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

12 Week Cycle still working on it

workoutbum

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm now looking at my first cycle in 15 years, I'm 54. I have about two months before I begin.

Stats
5'8" 165lbs been working out since I was a kid, with the occasional pause for a few months.
BP is normal, and I'm in overall good health, speedbag, heavy bag work, Tai Chi and sparring for exercise. I also walk my Bull Terrier a few miles everyday, no running. That bitch has 1% body fat. Talk about ripped.
I'm scheduled to get my first Blood testing next week, about two months before I start.

I'm now on my latest rough draft for my cycle. Initially I was going to try multiple PEDs but have since decided to go with the following, primarily due to my age and because I haven't concluded with my homework. So here's where I'm at today:

500mg Week of T-Enanthate for 12 Weeks
Likely two times per week, seems to make the most sense or I could split it up into three, not sure yet on that. This is all I will be running unless I need to run an AI due to my age. I really am not quite there yet but I will get there. My plan has to be good or I won't start.

I'm still researching the PCT as I've read quite a bit over the last few weeks and am admittedly not entirely confident that all of what I have read adds up. There's some conflicting information. If anyone has an Old Man's PCT article that you like share, by all means please do.

Thanks to everyone who has replied, this is quite the forum, a lot of informed and experienced people and not a lot of bullshit which I appreciate.

WBum

Last edited:
54yrs,5ft 8in, 15 year laid off from training.
1) Bloodwork is first which is great. (Can either push you forward or re consider).
2) Planned out your 12 week 500mg (split weekly)
3) The older you are the less muscle and more fat someone usually has but, at your stats it seems you are in good shape(but idk your health)
4) Have you considered: if your bloodwork shows low T, low gh/Igf1, other , to maybe consider TRT or HRT(test/gh or gh booster)?

You did the right steps to start, the best thing you can do is get your prep workouts(can be any type of weight/HIIT/cardio) now. Get as strong as you can and start building as much LBM while dropping BF, and dialing in your diet.

Hope all goes well! Btw(just in general)- a lot of guys your age are high in bf% which can cause higher estradiol which would mean you would be prone to the bad sides. Even on 100mg Test C or E weekly can make a major difference in how you feel and train (not like a cycle). Best to really pay close attention to your bloods w/your doc . If doing privately, make sure you have someone who knows what’s up . Medications, alcohol, prescription and OTC drugs , foods can cause a slew of false or real (high:low) numbers on bloods. Too many vitamins can cause elevated AST/ALT. Just FYI

MAX

Any recommendations on someone that I could talk to more about PCT? I may end up speaking to my personal physician at some point, but not yet. I'd rather speak to someone private. Ya, I know... there's suppose to be a thing called Dr. Patient confidentiality but in this day and age... it's probably not as secure as I'd like to think.
Thanks,
WBum

Like Max said..bloodwork will Probably indicate low Test..therefore,TRT would be the way to go..but without those numbers it's a guess..Not something you want to do at above 50..

I think you will be surprised at how many physicians understand. I find that women understand more so. I told my Nurse Practioneer and she was like "nothing wrong with looking good" ;-) I knew she was into working out. She is in her late 30s early 40's and looks great. I would start with, " Look, I have been tired, feeling very unmanly lately, so I tried some test, and I felt great again" I am going to keep doing it but I do not want it on my medical records and expect Dr./patient confidentiality". If they are a good medical Practioneer you should have no issues.

I think you will be surprised at how many physicians understand. I find that women understand more so. I told my Nurse Practioneer and she was like "nothing wrong with looking good" ;-) I knew she was into working out. She is in her late 30s early 40's and looks great. I would start with, " Look, I have been tired, feeling very unmanly lately, so I tried some test, and I felt great again" I am going to keep doing it but I do not want it on my medical records and expect Dr./patient confidentiality". If they are a good medical Practioneer you should have no issues.

You make some good points.

I haven't made up my mind yet, but I do understand why people blast and cruise, especially those over 45. I wonder if it's not stressing the body more, doing a 12-16 week cycle and then stopping vs tapering down at a gradual pace? Maybe it's a wiser approach for me to determine which blood tests I need, keep on top of them firstly and fore mostly. Start a 12-16 week cycle, figure out how I want to stop my cycle and continue with whatever seems to make the most sense dosage wise with T, whether it's 150mg or 250mg per week. Have my Nolvadex, Clomid or Arimidex available when needed.

I definitely do see myself visiting my doctor at some point and getting on a TRT program. I'm also researching HGH.

Thanks,

Wbum

Along with this prep of considering the cycle I would highly suggest you plan out your diet for this run. Plan a baseline and stick with it. Factor in cost and how you will ensure youget these meals in; do you have an ISO-bag, what times during the day will I be available to eat thesemeals, etc. You will likely need to adjust the diet and food quantities some along the way but you need that plan ahead of time.

Also consider the where and how much where it applies to rest and sleep.

Blood test first. If you proceed, bloods at 6-8 weeks. And bloods after the cycle sometime.

If you are healthy and follow a strict diet and abstinence from drugs andalcohol, this weebit of testosterone will yield very significant results. Not just in you physique but in your overall mood and sense of well being. Say Hello to more pep in your step.

Agree with most of what my compadres have said. Blood work will tell for sure, but doubt seriously u will need to Pct. I'm 58 and still blast and cruise like I did in my 30s. (Excluding tren and most orals) The best part of this is still fuckin like I was that age- almost. And my buddies know it's coming- anyone, especially above 40 should automatically add proviron to any cycle and consider a low dose while cruising also. This is all just my opinion- but did my first cycle 36 years ago and someone guessed I was 42 yesterday. Don't mean too brag- yes I do- why the hell else do we do ALL this stuff. 500 mgs test a week and 50 mgs of proviron and ur girl will think ur someone else. And if u don't have one, u'll get one now. Good luck bro! And u can thank me later for provi. Let the bloodwork determine about pct, but trt(hrt) is not bad@ all once u get used to it- been doing it over 25 years. And welcome to the "old fart" club!

Back