Finally got a exit strategy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stuck in hell currently clawing my way out !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts
    Rep Points

So Iíve finally found a house to buy (as long as the paperwork goes through Wednesday) and about to pack my shit and get the hell outa this torture chamber. I canít take anymore of this miserable bitch and after the last couple years of pure agony Iím excited AF to get my own place and have peace again. Not to mention be able to train the way i want and stay in a clean home again. So Iím asking for any tips from some of you brothers that have been in this situation and gone through a divorce before that could help me out in making this as painless as possible. Weíve been married for less than a year so Iím hoping that will help me out some in court. Any info would be greatly appreciated !

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10,912 Posts
    Rep Points

There's another psycho bitch waiting to take her place. You just don't know it yet. That will be the biggest threat in the long run. Hopefully you will recognize it when it happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,393 Posts
    Rep Points

My uncle said to temporarily ďmake less $$Ē ON PAPER. Just for evaluation of your income (in case of alimony/support). He was an executive and worked at pizza place temporarily... . Then re-started his business after it was over.
    Not advice of course.

Max
    Best Wishes and Stay Strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,689 Posts
    Rep Points

Hide your money!
    Show me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    686 Posts
    Rep Points

How long were you together prior to the marriage? Did you co habit and if so how long? What state you are in will dictate some advice as well.... I would look into the RedPill/Mgtow movement. Many guys been through this shit and been shafted by the courts. Basically they have sworn off women. Some becoming monks and even younger guys are saying fuck it and avoiding women all together or just pump and dumps. Be careful laws are almost always in favor of the fefails. Take as an example some states will get you to pay for child support even if you are not the father of her kids. Even some have had to pay because they baby sat kids for free and the court sees this as taken on the role of father... it is a total nightmare these days. Never ever fall for the crocodile tears. Do yourself a favor if she starts crying, whip out your phone and start recording. Then start laughing at her.... watch those tears disappear after .2 seconds and insta-demon bitch materializes after she realizes it will not work any more..... Document everything... and video all interactions, avoid saying too much. Just say It's over I am leaving. Anything else will be used against you.

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10,912 Posts
    Rep Points

Cowboy ain't wrong about videoing everything. As long as you keep your cool. It will also rein in some of her stupidity if she knows its recorded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,412 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dale.c View Post
    So Iíve finally found a house to buy (as long as the paperwork goes through Wednesday) and about to pack my shit and get the hell outa this torture chamber. I canít take anymore of this miserable bitch and after the last couple years of pure agony Iím excited AF to get my own place and have peace again. Not to mention be able to train the way i want and stay in a clean home again. So Iím asking for any tips from some of you brothers that have been in this situation and gone through a divorce before that could help me out in making this as painless as possible. Weíve been married for less than a year so Iím hoping that will help me out some in court. Any info would be greatly appreciated !
    Wouldn't your wife be entitled to any property you purchased while still legally married? I mean, technically your money is still her money and you'd be using it for a down payment, right? Before signing on the dotted line, I would run the new place purchase by an experienced divorce attorney. I'm in California and I vaguely remember my attorney advising me not to make any major purchases until my divorce was finalized.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,689 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by wesley_swolle View Post
    Wouldn't your wife be entitled to any property you purchased while still legally married? I mean, technically your money is still her money and you'd be using it for a down payment, right? Before signing on the dotted line, I would run the new place purchase by an experienced divorce attorney. I'm in California and I vaguely remember my attorney advising me not to make any major purchases until my divorce was finalized.
    That's a very good point as it may be possible the ex may go after him if she becomes aware that OP is about to purchase a house while divorce is pending.
    Show me

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,100 Posts
    Rep Points

Brother if you buy that house while you're married its half hers. Get a good divorce lawyer asap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,689 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    Brother if you buy that house while you're married its half hers. Get a good divorce lawyer asap.
    +1

If OP buys the house without her knowing and she finds out later (after divorce finalized) that he bought that house while technically still married she can sue him for that not to mention getting into trouble for hiding assets in divorce proceedings.

So yes a better option is to hold off and lawyer up...
    Last edited by MindlessWork; 09-27-2021 at 02:33 PM.
    Show me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts
    Rep Points

This is something I definitely did not consider seeing as Iíve never been married before. The house Iím getting is a rent to own type of deal and between me and the owner with no down payment so I wonder if its even detectable? Either way yes i am going to speak with a divorce attorney ASAP !!
    Thank you brothers for your help i truly appreciate it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    There's another psycho bitch waiting to take her place. You just don't know it yet. That will be the biggest threat in the long run. Hopefully you will recognize it when it happens.
    Never been married before and never again brother. From now on its just bangin and hangin for me. I never really got the chance to be a bachelor with some money and my own place seeing as how i raised my son his whole life by myself and was always in long term relationships since (other than prison) so this should be a greatly deserved fun period of my life !! Once all the dust settles that is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,689 Posts
    Rep Points

This is something I definitely did not consider seeing as Iíve never been married before. The house Iím getting is a rent to own type of deal and between me and the owner with no down payment so I wonder if its even detectable? Either way yes i am going to speak with a divorce attorney ASAP !!
    That's just for your protection...if you even do a rent-to-own transaction that leaves a paper trail (the contract/lease you signed with that home's owner). Your soon to be ex wife may somehow get wind of it even after divorce finalized and that may cause legal headaches for you plus having to potentially pay out a hefty settlement.
    Last edited by MindlessWork; 09-27-2021 at 05:14 PM.
    Show me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle1 View Post
    My uncle said to temporarily ďmake less $$Ē ON PAPER. Just for evaluation of your income (in case of alimony/support). He was an executive and worked at pizza place temporarily... . Then re-started his business after it was over.
    Not advice of course.

Max
    Best Wishes and Stay Strong
    Wow haha that some crazy shit right there. Usually women do get the upper hand when it comes to divorces, but this guy was able to level the playing field a little.

Quote Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
    That's just for your protection...if you even do a rent-to-own transaction that leaves a paper trail (the contract/lease you signed with that home's owner). Your soon to be ex wife may somehow get wind of it even after divorce finalized and that may cause legal headaches for you plus having to potentially pay out a hefty settlement.
    When I think rent-to-own, It applies your a renter for now with the possibility of home ownership down the road, so he is technically not buying a home or at least not out right. Obviously he'd want to get a lawyer and review it with them.

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,100 Posts
    Rep Points

Iím a landlord and I have done owner finance and rent to owns for tenants. Iím assuming you mean rent with option to buy which in Texas is simply a rental contract with "option to buyĒ within a certain time frame so until you execute a SFH contract with the owners, you're just renting. lmk if you have any questions since this is my area of expertise Iíll be glad to help you out, lawyers are about 3-400 a hr