• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

DHEA - The Master Hormone - Benefits

jozifp103

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!

DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) is what I refer to as a "Master Hormone". It's a precursor or pro-hormone to many other sex hormones in the body.

It can convert into; Testosterone, Estrogen, DHT, Progesterone, Androstenedione, etc. That's why it's great because if your body senses anything off balance, it can utilize DHEA to convert it to whatever hormone is needed to balance things out.

DHEA is used medically as a therapeutic drug, sometimes as a solo treatment as an alternative to TRT, or sometimes it's used alongside TRT to help keep things balanced.

DHEA is used to assist with things like; mood, sexual function, libido, cognition, anti-aging, cardiovascular health, and much more.

It's basically a risk-free, benefits-only drug. In my opinion, everyone over 35 should be taking DHEA.

How can it be risk free ???
Well nothing is TRULY risk-free. Anyone can react poorly to anything depending on genetic factors, predispositions, allergies, underlying conditions, etc. But for your average healthy person DHEA is virtually risk free. It basically gives your body the precursor it needs to generate a plethora of different hormones within the body. If you are deficient somewhere, DHEA can be used to balance you out. If you're not deficient DHEA will just help to optimize what you have. Some might not notice a thing from it, while others might feel like a new person.

A short, easy to understand study on some benefits of DHEA.

[h=3]Introduction[/h]The circulation of large amounts of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and its sulfated derivative (DHEA‐S) suggests a physiological role in human physiology. In the central nervous system, DHEA is considered a neurosteroid with a wide range of functions.

[h=3]Aim[/h]The goal of this review is to discuss metabolism, biochemical, and physiological mechanism of DHEA action and the potential role of DHEA in aging and in ameliorating a host of pathological conditions, associated with aging.

[h=3]Methods[/h]We examined preclinical and clinical data reported in various studies from the available literature concerning the effects of DHEA in normal and pathological conditions.

[h=3]Main Outcome Measures[/h]Data reported in the literature were analyzed, reviewed, and discussed.

[h=3]Results[/h]DHEA mediates its action via multiple signaling pathways involving specific membrane receptors and via transformation into androgen and estrogen derivatives (e.g., androgens, estrogens, 7α and 7β DHEA, and 7α and 7β epiandrosterone derivatives) acting through their specific receptors. These pathways include: nitric oxide synthase activation, modulation of γ‐amino butyric acid receptors, N‐methyl D‐aspartate, receptors sigma receptors (Sigma‐1), differential expression of inflammatory factors, adhesion molecules and reactive oxygen species, among others. Clinical and epidemiological studies suggested that low DHEA levels might be associated with ischemic heart disease, endothelial dysfunction, atherosclerosis, bone loss, inflammatory diseases, and sexual dysfunction. Most importantly, no significant adverse or negative side effects of DHEA were reported in clinical studies of men and women.

[h=3]Conclusion[/h]DHEA modulates endothelial function, reduces inflammation, improves insulin sensitivity, blood flow, cellular immunity, body composition, bone metabolism, sexual function, and physical strength in frailty and provides neuroprotection, improves cognitive function, and memory enhancement. DHEA possesses pleiotropic effects and reduced levels of DHEA and DHEA‐S may be associated with a host of pathologies; however, the clinical efficacy of DHEA supplementation in ameliorating patho‐physiological symptoms remains to be evaluated. Traish AM, Kang HP, Saad F, and Guay AT. Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)—A precursor steroid or an active hormone in human physiology. J Sex Med 2011;8:2960–2982.

I definitely don't recommend DHEA unless on cycle I got blood work back that showed it didn't raise my testosterone at all 98 and it increased my e2 to 48 definitely not something to use unless you are natty or on cycle.

I definitely don't recommend DHEA unless on cycle I got blood work back that showed it didn't raise my testosterone at all 98 and it increased my e2 to 48 definitely not something to use unless you are natty or on cycle.

It's absolutely great to use in conjunction with trt.
This is one of those agents that can either cause someone grief, or benefits, or absolutely nothing.

It's definitely something I would not suggest to use without test.

When using with test it's more geared towards the older lions.. 35-40+

Back