How much can you keep?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Rep Points

How much can you keep?

On a typical cycle, what percentage of muscle do you typically keep after returning to a TRT dosage?
    I assume it depends on several variables, but I want to set realistic expectations.
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Rep Points

I should have mentioned: It will be first cycle, test cyp.around 500mg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,227 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by 220 View Post
    On a typical cycle, what percentage of muscle do you typically keep after returning to a TRT dosage?
    I assume it depends on several variables, but I want to set realistic expectations.
    Thanks in advance.
    I’d say on average 50% because most people don’t train as hard or eat as much when they come off/go back to trt.

But if you train and eat just as hard I’d say you can keep 90% of your gains.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BodybuilderZepp View Post
    I’d say on average 50% because most people don’t train as hard or eat as much when they come off/go back to trt.

But if you train and eat just as hard I’d say you can keep 90% of your gains.
    I appreciate the information!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Rep Points

My personal experience when I went on PCT I definitely did not train as hard and lost some gains. Since doing trt now my training doesn’t or hasn’t suffered after blast transitioning back to trt. Currently about a month into trt and gained a few pounds even. Diet hasn’t changed. Training still same intensity. Not quite as vascular. Again, only a month into this cruise. We’ll see where I’m at come March or April when I plan my next blast. I am craving a week off to be honest but can’t seem to bring myself to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks for the insight Obscured.

Team supervisor P.S.L.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,309 Posts
    Rep Points

If we were to examine this and look at a realistically, it would all come down to consistency. Each and every single individual will be guns a blazing into each cycle or blast, and It's perfectly natural and not out of the ordinary to lose that added drive when tampering down, however this is the most crucial time to stay consistent.
    There's going to be a loss and some can be more considerable compared to others depending on the compounds that were used.
    When coming off you don't need to stay full torque, because your body is going to need to deload, and rest, but keep the food intake and nutrition coming in.
    Coming off doesn't have to be hard and brutal, you can make it smooth sailing with a nice cushion landing if you do the right PCT and stay on point with your nutrients.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,510 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    If we were to examine this and look at a realistically, it would all come down to consistency. Each and every single individual will be guns a blazing into each cycle or blast, and It's perfectly natural and not out of the ordinary to lose that added drive when tampering down, however this is the most crucial time to stay consistent.
    There's going to be a loss and some can be more considerable compared to others depending on the compounds that were used.
    When coming off you don't need to stay full torque, because your body is going to need to deload, and rest, but keep the food intake and nutrition coming in.
    Coming off doesn't have to be hard and brutal, you can make it smooth sailing with a nice cushion landing if you do the right PCT and stay on point with your nutrients.
    That. Very correct about consistency and plain experience.

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Droppin some knowledge right here.
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,533 Posts
    Rep Points

Agreed that consistent training and nutrition off cycle have to be the most important in keeping gains, but what about genetics? I wonder how much of a factor this comes into play...

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,168 Posts
    Rep Points

You keep all of it as long as you stay dedicated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    548 Posts
    Rep Points

If you’re talking about actual added muscle mass and not just intramuscular water and a bit of bloat? 80-90% is possible.

A lot of guys, especially skinny guys looking to bulk, are only looking at the scale. And post cycle they piss out a lot of the “gAiNz” and loose sight of good meat they put on.

Know your goals, know what’s realistic, and train you butt off both “on” and ESPECIALLY “off” cycle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Rep Points

impossible question for anyone to answer, only you can decide how much you will hold on to

keep training hard af maintain all strength and keep eating big

you shouldn't lose anything if you do these

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,255 Posts
    Rep Points

Your mindset should be to hit a wieght or look..but a factored amount of loss. For me,being always trying to bulk(water wieght) after I lost the water,I wanted to retain 75%..Dryer compounds,perhaps more..Its not a race to the finish line..the Fun is in the Journey.. Like me going from 125lbs to 200lbs takes time.. dedication..and time... Especially if you want to be healthy in the end..Never sacrifice health for gains.. Many,trade TRT for gains at an early age..not a wise choice to me..

You learn more with each cycle..some are great,while some,not so much..Its a learning process of not only how those compounds work for you but also how you trained,ate and recovered..As the cycles and yrs go by,you learn what Works...For You..then the Real Work begins..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Rep Points

You guys are so optimistic. If you go cold turkey none of this trt bullshit and workout half as much w/o riods, youd6 probably hold maybe 75% the first month or two and by a year's time or less be back to where you started. This is why everyone never comes off, there scared to loss everything they work so hard for.