Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,977 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMaker View Post
    Loosing muscle as you age is normal though and it’s going to happen regardless of whether or not you use gear. Obviously Yates isn’t going to look how he did when he was competing but he still looks pretty fucking good for a grandpa if you ask me!

I’d be willing to bet if Yates for example, went the natty route he still would have lost an equal percentage of his stage ready mass and would probably be even less impressive now… just my thoughts. It’s just part of growing old man…
    Correct bro.

You get older and it's NATURAL to lose muscle. And this is in large part due to declining testosterone levels.

Once you take away exogeneous testosterone, our bodies will revert back to normal. Keeping steroid gains isn't normal as it isn't normal to our bodies.

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,977 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CoachCabo View Post
    First one is two months off gear (only short esters) and after a run of PCT.
    Second and third ones are off over three months.
    I well knew what happens when you go off and to keep chugging away, pain and soreness be damned.
    That’s at 57 and in December and January.
    Wow. You're younger then Dorian Yates by two years...but you got him beat now bro. Ever think you would be better then an Olympia champion.

Maybe your genetics are just better. Maybe you just know how to train and be more motivated then him with greater intensity. Or maybe we can ask Mike O'hearn.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,422 Posts
    Rep Points

I well knew what happens when you go off and to keep chugging away, pain and soreness be damned.
    Fucking Phenomenal! THIS is what I like to see! Hard as work and a lifetime put into this sport/lifestyle. A lot of guys don’t get along around here but, a lot do. This guy does the work, no matter your thoughts about the man. Respect

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,469 Posts
    Rep Points

Dorian doesn’t bodybuild. If he did, he would blow up…in a good way.

Your snarky response is uncalled for. If you don’t agree with those of us who believe you can keep gains, fine. My trying to illustrate the concept was just that, rather than words alone.

My genetics are shit and I have never said I train with “intensity”. Surely nothing at level that Dorian was notorius for.

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,168 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine5I View Post
    Wow. You're younger then Dorian Yates by two years...but you got him beat now bro. Ever think you would be better then an Olympia champion.

Maybe your genetics are just better. Maybe you just know how to train and be more motivated then him with greater intensity. Or maybe we can ask Mike O'hearn.
    You know I like your posts and agree with you 90% of the time. But in this case calling out a members appearance to discredit his point of view is off in my humble opinion.

If that were the case 90% of us should have no opinion. Current company included.

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,977 Posts
    Rep Points

Dorian doesn’t bodybuild. If he did, he would blow up…in a good way.

Your snarky response is uncalled for. If you don’t agree with those of us who believe you can keep gains, fine. My trying to illustrate the concept was just that, rather than words alone.

My genetics are shit and I have never said I train with “intensity”. Surely nothing at level that Dorian was notorius for.
    You are off completely per you PCT. No gear.

So what does your bloodwork say about your testosterone levels now at 57? Bc you want us to believe whatever they are that you can support that kind of size on hard work.

And I will not pretend to know for certain whether you are using anything or not. Just like Mike O'hearn swears he is natty too.

BTW are you on growth hormone? Is that being "off" too??

It's just really interesting that you have a ton of members all talking about gains and being natty whilst being on a steroid forum and talking about their latest cycles. Including "trt" at 500 mg test E a week...lolz.

When true trt is like 100 mg of cyp every week. Enough to elevate levels and keep the dick working.

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,977 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Foursome View Post
    You know I like your posts and agree with you 90% of the time. But in this case calling out a members appearance to discredit his point of view is off in my humble opinion.

If that were the case 90% of us should have no opinion. Current company included.
    Yes, true.

I was trying to illustrate an example of Yates who is off as compared to another member who is also "off" and present the stark contrast... something is indeed "off." lol

But I don't mean to attack. or appear to attack.

It just seems to mislead younger newbies to think getting on gear and holding results is feasible when it's scientifically not possible.

If it were true, we would all use gear for a year or two and never need to touch it again. But we know that isn't true bro.

We use the gear to keep the gains.

IDK. Maybe him and O'hearn know some shit we don't.

But sorry. Will keep silent having said my piece.

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,168 Posts
    Rep Points

Yes, true.

I was trying to illustrate an example of Yates who is off as compared to another member who is also "off" and present the stark contrast... something is indeed "off." lol

But I don't mean to attack. or appear to attack.

It just seems to mislead younger newbies to think getting on gear and holding results is feasible when it's scientifically not possible.

If it were true, we would all use gear for a year or two and never need to touch it again. But we know that isn't true bro.

We use the gear to keep the gains.

IDK. Maybe him and O'hearn know some shit we don't.

But sorry. Will keep silent having said my piece.
    Okay, point taken and I agree with that with two exceptions.

*You do not have to be silent.

*It is spelled peace not piece.

Sorry, just had to.

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,977 Posts
    Rep Points

Okay, point taken and I agree with that with two exceptions.

*You do not have to be silent.

*It is spelled peace not piece.

Sorry, just had to.
    LOL... I should blame spell check but I can't this time.

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,168 Posts
    Rep Points

LOL... I should blame spell check but I can't this time.
    Hey, you seem to know about this stuff I'm about to do. I am getting shoulder reconstruction surgery early next year. There is a new procedure where they imbed the HPDE in the glenoid socket and with a hemi cap installed at top of humerus I was told I would be as good as new.

Do you have an opinion?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts
    Rep Points

I think some of it has to do with acquired muscle so far, how much real tissue, by real meaning muscle training for years.....the kind that is dense and not just newfound muscle that has no history. I know I am not describing it the best but I feel you get my point.

I feel a dedicated lifter in his thirties/forties/fifties, who has been at it since late teens, would keep more cycle gains than a gear first-timer in his twenties or whatever who has only lifted for a couple months and has decided to do a blast; assuming all things being equal in terms of training/diet/sleep/lifestyle dedication.

Basically, muscle retention after a cycle is "easier" when you have a solid base musculature established over years of training as opposed to not having that solid base.
    Maybe I'm wrong!
    Anyways, best of luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts
    Rep Points

You look fantastic man. Wow...I'm 39 and hope to look like that when I am 57, thats for damn sure.

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,977 Posts
    Rep Points

Hey, you seem to know about this stuff I'm about to do. I am getting shoulder reconstruction surgery early next year. There is a new procedure where they imbed the HPDE in the glenoid socket and with a hemi cap installed at top of humerus I was told I would be as good as new.

Do you have an opinion?
    IMO surgical intervention like this will restore a lot of function and improve quality of life...and will be worth it. IDK about "as good as new." Everyone's outcome is different and depends on a lot of factors.

Surgery is last resort and I assume you have done a lot of research. And you have researched the physician and maybe looked at his/her references.

I wouldn't expect to feel how you want to feel for awhile. Probably 9 months.

Having worked with clients who had shoulder replacements...most do very well and can do just about whatever they want. But normally they are older and not gym rats.

Probably will have to modify your workouts quite a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by christiantt View Post
    I think some of it has to do with acquired muscle so far, how much real tissue, by real meaning muscle training for years.....the kind that is dense and not just newfound muscle that has no history. I know I am not describing it the best but I feel you get my point.

I feel a dedicated lifter in his thirties/forties/fifties, who has been at it since late teens, would keep more cycle gains than a gear first-timer in his twenties or whatever who has only lifted for a couple months and has decided to do a blast; assuming all things being equal in terms of training/diet/sleep/lifestyle dedication.

Basically, muscle retention after a cycle is "easier" when you have a solid base musculature established over years of training as opposed to not having that solid base.
    Maybe I'm wrong!
    Anyways, best of luck.
    genetics, what and how much and how often u do it. But the MOST imp
    is duration. I'm 58- started pumping iron when I was 14. Only missed over a week twice in 44 years. After a car acc, missed a month in 1984. Only other time, got pneamonia in 2015. Was in int.care for 3 wks. Went from 203 to 173 in those 3 wks. Took me about 4 months to do 1 0 push ups. MY POINT is "just do it" and see how long u keep the gains. ( one more factor- my first cycle was my best- all things considered- the more cycling u do, prob.the least u keep depending on a lot I f diff. factors. All this is just my exp.

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,168 Posts
    Rep Points

IMO surgical intervention like this will restore a lot of function and improve quality of life...and will be worth it. IDK about "as good as new." Everyone's outcome is different and depends on a lot of factors.

Surgery is last resort and I assume you have done a lot of research. And you have researched the physician and maybe looked at his/her references.

I wouldn't expect to feel how you want to feel for awhile. Probably 9 months.

Having worked with clients who had shoulder replacements...most do very well and can do just about whatever they want. But normally they are older and not gym rats.

Probably will have to modify your workouts quite a bit.
    Thank you that helps a lot.

I was on pain management with injections for a few years with cortisone until the end when I tried HA injections which are not FDA approved but worked a little better but not for long.

And as far as changing routine I have some ideas on how to keep doing what I'm doing but reduce the strain on my joints. First surgery will be my right shoulder and a year later I will have my left reconstruction.