• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Damn Electric Cars

zionoir626

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I just can't stand the thought of driving them..No robust exhaust,no turbocharger or super..or that beloved Porsche 930 turbo lag..before it hits 2 bars..
Most cars now have so much electric crap..the power steering,the electric E-brake(what a F-ed up system)..and auto parking...Really??

And with the Big 3 endorsing Electric.. it's coming fast..and the gas prices will be outrageous..

Not a Fan...not to mention getting electricuted working on them..Guess there will always be opening..

You don’t think with supply and demand that gas prices go down?

Less demand for gas yields a greater supply.

Heck, these prices now are what’s driving ppl to be in an electric car.

If they were smart, they would lower prices so much to compete more. And make ppl want electric cars less.

So a commercial for an all electric Cadillac. Was pretty nice looking.

I believe the push is all electric cars by 2050. Arabs will be fucked when the only thing their good for is gone.

I know ppl who have electric cars. Go too fast and battery drains faster. Colder weather? Drains faster.

All impacts driving distance.

I really hate that automobiles are being turned into fighter jets driving themselves all this technology. I don't need any of that crap and it just makes all the cars more expensive smh. No one needs a self driving car or all electric. Im still trying to figure out what do you do on a road trip after 300 miles stand on the side of the highway charging your car for hours to get another 300 miles what if your destination is 900 miles that's going to be a rough trips. Does anyone know how long it takes to charge for another 300 miles?

Well if it's like the post office or pay phones...No
No one was using either and the prices went sky high..

Hard to say..but one thing is for sure..a long learning curve..with deaths,crashes and insurance going thru the roof..Just look at what happened to Toyota a few yrs back..with their excelleration problem..BTW they changed their slogan after that..Moving Forward...
Yeah.. involuntarily..!!

I was never a fan of electric cars. But recently I went in my friends Tesla and he hit 100 mph in 3 seconds. The pick up on those things are insane. Also really like the interior and that the roof is all glass. Definitely grew on me. Wait a few more years and they will get even better. They need to fix how many miles they drive before they need a charge, 300 seems low with the amount of driving I do.

BTW..51
That avatar...rather disturbing...
Women's underwear at the work place...Really
Or..are you pissing in the trash can..

So Wrong...I love it..

A major issue with electric cars is charging times. It take a few minutes to fuel up with gas. A fast charger for a electric to 65% is a hour and a half I believe. The lines at recharging stations will be ridiculous. Plus the amount of coal and other resources to produce all the electric needed for power plants will be insane. Power plants will need to be built everywhere to supply the electric needed. Soooo how is this more environment friendly?

I really hate that automobiles are being turned into fighter jets driving themselves all this technology. I don't need any of that crap and it just makes all the cars more expensive smh. No one needs a self driving car or all electric. Im still trying to figure out what do you do on a road trip after 300 miles stand on the side of the highway charging your car for hours to get another 300 miles what if your destination is 900 miles that's going to be a rough trips. Does anyone know how long it takes to charge for another 300 miles?

I can't say for certain, but SIL just did a trip across country. He was stopping every 2-3 hrs and rapid charging for like 45 mins. It's kind of tough right now, because you have to plan your trip route according to where you can charge. It's not like you can just pull off at the next exit and get gas. People who do any amount of driving will NOT get one of these. At least not in their present state. Maybe 20-30yrs down the road when tech is better.

Can't wait to plug in..while it's pouring rain...
Should be like getting bit by a great white while lightening strikes you..

Love the Supercharging stations. Tesla’s are great if you bought one early .(S model) . The weird thing is; my brother in law ordered a D model and the older, used S models are selling for more than the new ones! It’s cuz people have to wait so they are paying more , once you get one ...gas cars are over for ya. I still love a good Jeep CJ-7 !! Those and old Trans Ams with huge engines/modified are Bad Ass!

Max

IML Gear Cream!
I'll be the dinosaur still driving 1980's and older vehicles daily.

The problem with electric vehicles is getting them fixed. All the tech they have is crazy. Trust me none of you will ever fix your own car again. Even the techs that do it complain because they can't get proper information from the manufacturers (this includes Tesla) My brother is an electrical guru. It is not exaggeration, they send him cars that even the Ford Engineers give up on. He makes a large 6 figure income in the midwest. In fact he is likely the highest paid tech in Ford in that region. Ford execs asked what happens when my brother leaves or retires.... the Dealer owner replied "we are fucked".... In order for this shit to work Manufacturers to rethink who is working on these cars. My brother never took Automotive... He took electronics repair and engineering and that's who they need to recruit. Plus they will need to be mechanically inclined. That is actually a very hard combination to find. I am an excellent diag tech myself, and my brother did his best to teach me enough that I can hold my own on electrical car systems. Before anybody gets lippy and says "electricity is easy" yeah house electricity is easy... come and work on a car that has 27 modules all hooked up on a high speed canbus network...with a intermittent issue that will not set a hard code and then tell me it is easy. It's not... Been there done that... I have spent two weeks with all equipment hooked up driving cars to see what the issue is...

I'm glad I'm aging out of the car industry..I wouldn't want to work on electric crap..can bus crap on cars now are a pain..and damn expensive to repair..PE think you can just hook up a diagnostic and tell you what's wrong..

I love it when they say.."My check engine light is on..what do you think it is..?" Oh,only thousands of codes and that only puts you in the ball park..Yeah have a can problem and pull down 6 or 7 control modules..

I'm worried we're losing track of what this was all about.
First of all we don't have the infrastructure for these cars.
Second, CA as is can't keep the power on. So how will we power every person having a electric car?
Third, people do understand that this includes delivery trucks semi trucks ect?
Forth, this was about going green. How will we power all this cleanly?
Fifth, I see people charging tesla cars for 30 min each car. This isn't doable for every person. You going to spend 30 min a day charging a car? This also makes one think about all the cars on the road and if everyone had to charge for 30 min a day. How many charging stations will this take? Lol.

I feel like we're now just doing this to do it.

I’ll never ride a 4 cylinder bike again after feeling and racing with the torque of a big twin.

If you love torque,nothing beats a DC motor. If it is 400lb torque motor, that’s 400lbs at ZERO RPMs!

I’ll never ride a 4 cylinder bike again after feeling and racing with the torque of a big twin.

If you love torque,nothing beats a DC motor. If it is 400lb torque motor, that’s 400lbs at ZERO RPMs!

I owned two TL1000rs and the TQ was awesome. I also owned a 1098 when they first came out. Wish I would of kept the Ducati.

Someone loves powerful sound of the exhaust pipe and engine. Someone needs comfort and silence in a car saloon. In addition, electric cars have great dynamics, they have really fast acceleration.

Back