• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Favorite Athlete..???

zionoir626

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Okay old guys...
Who did you enjoy watching back in the good old days..??

No damn L.James crap.. Jordan is Ok..

For me it was Bill Romanoski..
Dubbed.."The Dirtiest Player in Professional Sports"
That's my pick...He just didn't give a shit..

I absolutely loved it when he tore Shannon Sharpe's shoulder up..Dumb ass Sharpe was talking shit about Roman...
Never call the alligator big mouth till you cross the river..

Who did you follow..??

Boston Bruins tough-guys of the 70's, Terry O'Reilly, Stan Jonathan, John Wensink.
I see O'Reilly at the local beach 3-4 times a year.
Sample - They brought up (from the minors) very big goon Pierre Bouchard to fight Stan Jonathan (5' 7" 175 lbs) didnt work out well...

Blood was spilled, poor Pierre was never the same...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLai4SByaCg

Okay old guys...
Who did you enjoy watching back in the good old days..??

No damn L.James crap.. Jordan is Ok..

For me it was Bill Romanoski..
Dubbed.."The Dirtiest Player in Professional Sports"
That's my pick...He just didn't give a shit..

I absolutely loved it when he tore Shannon Sharpe's shoulder up..Dumb ass Sharpe was talking shit about Roman...
Never call the alligator big mouth till you cross the river..

Who did you follow..??
Eric Davis. If only he could have stayed healthy.

Honorable mentions: Barry Larkin, Grant Hill, Barry Sandersimages (3).jpg

Eric Hiden in..I think 84 winter Olympics..broke all the records..

When I was really into hockey I followed Martin Brodeur

9db34f0651b5f8197bf6e5b5ac4d3f27.jpg

Amazing goalie

Mike Tyson
Shaq and Michael Jordan
Wayne Gretzsky
Ken Griffey Jr, Mike Piazza, Jose Canseco
Rocket Ismael

IML Gear Cream!
I saw that documentary on Rowdy Rhonda..much respect

Hockey = Jaromir Jagr & Mark Messier
Basketball = Larry Bird - best shit talker in the NBA
NASCAR = Jeff Gordon

NASCAR = Jeff Gordon

Also one of the best to back it up with his great play, love Larry!

Always been a basketball fan so I’m going with Michael Jordan and Kobe.

And to mix it up a little, tony hawk and Shaun white

Derek Jeter, Yogi Berra, Franco Harris just off the top of my head. Yogi had some of the best quotes ever that's why he made my list

I was trying to think of newer athletes after I posted about the Big Bad Bruins of the 1970's.
OF course being from N.E. (NH), Tom Brady was the man for almost 2 decades here, loved the way he handled himself, giving everyone else around him the credit.
Very modest/unselfish guy for being so successful. (Many athletes can learn that from him).

But I would say my current favorite is also still a Bruin, David Pastrnak (Pasta).

So far, the kids been a human highlight reel. And when he teeth got broken, he just kept the fang-face look...

david_pastrnak-10.jpg

Attachments

• image_2021-09-21_123140.png
    image_2021-09-21_123140.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 24
Eric Davis. If only he could have stayed healthy.

Honorable mentions: Barry Larkin, Grant Hill, Barry SandersView attachment 65464

Spent many a day watching him play. By far one of the best teams ever was the Reds when they won the world series in 1990 SWEEEEEPPPP BEEEEYATCHS!!!!

I also got to enjoy the Bengals in the 80's... Specifically the 1988 team that went to the Super Bowl and should have won. It was crazy in smaller city and small outlying towns to have two really good teams at the time. As a kid I was in awe. Now I loathe sports because they forget what they were to people.

Probably my Fav Player was Jim Breech Field Goal Kicker. He was 5 ft 3 and still could hit a 50 yarder (barely lol but he did it) He was very accurate. Almost always done the center of the uprights.
Past that I'd say James Brooks running back Bengals and Carson Palmer.

Baseball I love Jose Rio Pitcher... had a mean fastball.

Last edited:
NASCAR = Jeff Gordon

I was a Bill Elliot Fan myself. Reserved...but could he drive and the white brothers sure could build ford engines back in the mid 80's....

Get Shredded!
I would have loved to see what a healthy Mario Lemieux could have done across a full career.

Marius pudjnaski-strongman
Dos Santos Jr-mma fighter
Mike tyson-boxer
Stone cold Steve Austin
That's the bottom line

Last edited:
I was a Bill Elliot Fan myself. Reserved...but could he drive and the white brothers sure could build ford engines back in the mid 80's....

I loved watching NASCAR with my father. We even went to the Pocono 500 a couple of times - WOW its absolutely exhilarating in person.

Spent many a day watching him play. By far one of the best teams ever was the Reds when they won the world series in 1990 SWEEEEEPPPP BEEEEYATCHS!!!!

I also got to enjoy the Bengals in the 80's... Specifically the 1988 team that went to the Super Bowl and should have won. It was crazy in smaller city and small outlying towns to have two really good teams at the time. As a kid I was in awe. Now I loathe sports because they forget what they were to people.

Probably my Fav Player was Jim Breech Field Goal Kicker. He was 5 ft 3 and still could hit a 50 yarder (barely lol but he did it) He was very accurate. Almost always done the center of the uprights.
Past that I'd say James Brooks running back Bengals and Carson Palmer.

Baseball I love Jose Rio Pitcher... had a mean fastball.
Wire to wire baby!!! Rio was a badass then throw in the nasty boys. That whole reds team was great. Ron Gant breaking the bat on his back was memorable

Barry Bonds when he was fully juiced.
Agreed. I still think Lance Armstrong holds the title as #1 juicer tho from my era.

As far as favorites too watch

Tyson (POS human but boy could he punch lol)
Fedor Emelianenko (not the most impressive physique but the heaviest hands around for a while)
Ronnie Lott (some of the most devestating hits ever) and mentally unstable
Ray Lewis (until he committed murder)
Rickey Henderson (entertaining too say the least) also quite an odd ball

Now that I look back on this list, these guys were some of the all time greats in their sports and we're all fucking nut jobs..go figure!

Barry Sanders
Bo Jackson
Allen Iverson
Chris Spielman
Matt Hughes
Dominic Hasek
To name a few

Last edited:

Davey Allison and the 28 havoline Yates racing car were my favorite in Nascar.

Back