• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Damn Expensive Cars

zionoir626

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So,most of you know I love those German cars..but even for me with connections,still are damn costly to fix..I try to do some part time work for various reasons..Main one to get the wholesale prices on parts..another reason is that my friend needs the help and experience..but boy Thursday I walked in the house like a mummy..stiff as Hell..Just can't do 10 hr days on concrete anymore.. Sadly just unable to handle the job..and for a guy that set the one day,most hours turned in one day at South Motors BMW.. It's disappointing..

But some of the repairs are through the roof..A GL Benz 4 wheel rotors and pads...$2k..WOW..That CLS 55 AMG..one front rotor...$700.oo..One..

I mean if you're not hitting 6 figures.. don't even step up..
When the time comes I can't pull a wrench..I guess it's bicycle time..

By-the-Way...
I have a plan...
I want to be the guy who rides his bicycle to the Dr.s for Chemo ..get the treatment..and ride that bike F-ing home..
Maybe just one day..but that's the Plan..

Thaks Guys for All the Encouragement these last few yrs..

I have a 2010 Audi Q5 with the 3.2 liter. I suspect a cylinder might be leaking. I am shuddering thinking about the repair. Honestly, I would just push it in the ocean if I was a criminal insurance fraud type. Car is maybe worth $10k and has 86k on it. Car is flawless…except that whole engine thing.

My friend in Savannah has a shop and loves Audi..He has a super fast A7..
If you'd like I could bounce your problem of him..

Let me get back to Mexico and start dealing with it again. It hasn’t been driven really in 6 months. I just bought one of those $225 batteries to take back with me for it. Love the car but hate issues. I had a MB 230 kompressor hatchback with nearly 300k on it. Only problems were the normal consumables. I drove that thing like a go-cart, which it was. It was my wife’s car but I made sure it was driven properly.

I have friends who have had every kind of German car and they keep buying them.
I bought the Audi because I was asking my buddy about cars that we were looking at, Toureg, Tiguan, Cayenne and a Volvo. He said “I have three of those right now. But I just bought the wife a Q5 and it’s my favorite of them all.”
He also bought her that massive Benz sedan with the twin turbo V12 years before. When I was racing at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana one year, he drove up from San Diego in just over an hour. People in the paddock were staring at that car. Imagine that at a motorcycle race.

My other buddy buys BMWs and trades them in before the service contracts expire. Even though he has owned even a 358 Speciale, he said his X5 Diesel was his favorite car. Even then, he said he’d dump it at the end of the service contract.

I guess I love cars more than I like to admit but I am typically pretty utilitarian.

Audi's are so expensive and difficult..I mean if you're going to pay Porsche prices...buy a Porsche..

I drive a 2006 C280...very nice..lots of mods..My girl has a 2001 BMW 330xi 5 speed.. It's taken about a yr to get it up better than factory..Just starting on the 330..
I go through it replace every fluid..filters..suspension up grades..engine tunes..whatever they need..Then they are solid..
Next yr the Benz gets Bilstien coil overs..C63 front calipers..and sway bars..

Just let me know if I can help Brother.. it's hard to find honest PE in this industry.. Sadly

When I was a kid- Car & Driver had “used sports cars 400+ HP, for under $20,000!!”. I remember looking at it over and over and over; I picked a Mercedes SL (don’t remember what year) 2003 maybe, but they had a 2007 Audi (possibly the one you posted A7 ) anyway , the ~over 400hp engine~in the particular Audi year was made by Lamborghini!! I remember wanting that Mercedes or the Audi . I wasn’t even close to being old enough for a drivers permit, I can’t remember the year of the Issue (it was at my grandpas house and I kept it in my room). I remember thinking about how many lawns I would have to mow and things to sell door to door to save $20,000! Lmao. Memories....

Max

Yeah his A7...is crazy fast..0 to 60 in 2.63 sec...1/4 mile in 10.32 at 136mph..
But he also makes bank..half a million a yr..

The maintenance is killer on some cars..and not even the Big Boy cars like Lambros or Porsche..
Or Bentley.. I've worked on a few Rolls and Bentley...parts are unbelievable..

Yeah his A7...is crazy fast..0 to 60 in 2.63 sec...1/4 mile in 10.32 at 136mph..
But he also makes bank..half a million a yr..

The maintenance is killer on some cars..and not even the Big Boy cars like Lambros or Porsche..
Or Bentley.. I've worked on a few Rolls and Bentley...parts are unbelievable..

That is what kept me from buying one. I did get a BMW 6 series for a few years (sister gave to me) and I did the oil changes after I took it to get changed and they said it was $900!! For a F** oil change!! . It was a good car. I am electric now. I would love to get my hands on the Ford F-250 all electric (2024 I think) . Soo bad ass.

Max

Last edited:
Hitler cars are always more expensive and invasive to fix. modules go out, etc. I hate working on them

IML Gear Cream!
So,most of you know I love those German cars..but even for me with connections,still are damn costly to fix..I try to do some part time work for various reasons..Main one to get the wholesale prices on parts..another reason is that my friend needs the help and experience..but boy Thursday I walked in the house like a mummy..stiff as Hell..Just can't do 10 hr days on concrete anymore.. Sadly just unable to handle the job..and for a guy that set the one day,most hours turned in one day at South Motors BMW.. It's disappointing..

But some of the repairs are through the roof..A GL Benz 4 wheel rotors and pads...$2k..WOW..That CLS 55 AMG..one front rotor...$700.oo..One..

I mean if you're not hitting 6 figures.. don't even step up..
When the time comes I can't pull a wrench..I guess it's bicycle time..

By-the-Way...
I have a plan...
I want to be the guy who rides his bicycle to the Dr.s for Chemo ..get the treatment..and ride that bike F-ing home..
Maybe just one day..but that's the Plan..

Thaks Guys for All the Encouragement these last few yrs..

Curious what did you turn? My best all by myself no help whatsoever was either 42 or 44 hours (I can't remember it was 20 years ago) It was also a record for the entire franchise I worked at in that city. There was guys that "booked more" but that was work left over all going on the same day being billed. I had another 5 hours that didn't get picked up. I was by myself that day and as a young buck at 22 I hammered out a ton of work. Iw orked from 7:30 to 10:00P.M. that night. Everything went perfect it was like magic... have not had a day like that ever again. Best hours turned since was in the lower 30's. It was great even parts showed up quick and right the first time. Like I said Magic day indeed....

In 2000 at South Motors..in Miami Fl..I turned 35.5 hrs on one E36 BMW in an 8 hr day..not much overlap..got there around 8:15am...and left about 5:30pm...but I was a much younger man back then..

Saw this one and had to pull over and take some pics. Don't know the price, but you can imagine.
74a68c5a84f50551e24b82dfe3f592f0.jpg

Saw this one and had to pull over and take some pics. Don't know the price, but you can imagine.
74a68c5a84f50551e24b82dfe3f592f0.jpg

Sick! I’d love one ! Couldn’t afford the maintenance though. I’m looking at old Scouts and Defenders at the moment. I can actually work on those engines!

Max

Sick! I’d love one ! Couldn’t afford the maintenance though. I’m looking at old Scouts and Defenders at the moment. I can actually work on those engines!

Max
I hear ya. Way outta my league and mosts. This was at a shop I travel by all the time. Have seen some of the wildest rides here getting worked on. This was the type of ride where when you get pulled over, it's so the cop can take a pic standing next to it, not to actually write you a ticket.

I hear ya. Way outta my league and mosts. This was at a shop I travel by all the time. Have seen some of the wildest rides here getting worked on. This was the type of ride where when you get pulled over, it's so the cop can take a pic standing next to it, not to actually write you a ticket.

Totally! They have a place here that you can rent these types of cars. It’s basically for super rich overseas guys who want to drive em. I have driven a Lamborghini, friends parents each had one but his mom totaled hers; on my road ! Got tboned! Sad day! ! She drives a Hummer now , lol!

Max

Must be a good shop. There's a g wagon in the background

Back