• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Melissa Bumstead Arrested On Felony Charges For Allegedly Importing Steroids

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Figure competitor and influencer Melissa Bumstead has reportedly been arrested for importing steroids

Melissa Bumstead is known for being an IFBB Figure athlete and social media influencer, among other things. However she has apparently found herself in hot water after being arrested for allegedly importing steroids.

Melissa has made a name for herself being a social media influencer, coach, and IFBB Figure Pro, as well as the wife of Men’s Open competitor Iain Valliere, and sister to Classic Physique Olympia champ Chris Bumstead. She has competed in a few events over the years, but has largely become known for her efforts on Instagram, amassing over 100k followers.

Now reports have emerged that the Canadian influencer has been arrested in Martin County, Florida, after being caught allegedly importing steroids into the United States. The report states that Customs randomly selected a package that was coming across the border from Canada to the US, putting it through extensive inspection.

Once it was discovered that the packaged allegedly contained multiple anabolic steroids, such as testosterone propionate, drostanolone propionate and oxandrolone and other prescription medication, Customs contacted the Martin County Sheriff’s Office. At this point, authorities followed the package to the address that was listed, with the package being addressed to Melissa Bumstead.

A detective covertly delivered the package directly to Melissa, with investigators saying that evidence on her hands points to her having opened the package. She was then arrested September 10th, on six felony counts of possession of controlled substance without a prescription.

It is worth noting that the address with which the package was delivered was connected to a limited liability company, which is registered to Chris Bumstead. However, at the time of writing, it does not appear that he has been arrested or charged with anything, meaning his spot competing at the Olympia in October should be secure.

As for Melissa, she was released from jail the following day, after paying an undisclosed amount for bail. At the time of writing there has been no comment on the matter, from her or her representatives.

Of course, Melissa Bumstead should be considered innocent until proven guilty, but if she is found guilty then she could be in hot water. Not only could she face time behind bars and/or monetary fines, but these felony charges involving transporting drugs across borders could very well prevent her from entering the United States again.

Attachments

• Melissa-Bumstead-Arrested-750x393.jpg
    Melissa-Bumstead-Arrested-750x393.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 151
Very sad news. And very bad picture of her. Curious to see what the outcome is.

That's why you don't import them you buy from someone who has them imported already duh. In all seriousness it sucks but it is the game we play. Hopefully it isn't too harsh of a punishment.

This seems very suspicious. I’ve had multiple packages seized at customs for gear over the years coming from various countries and every time I got a letter saying what was in the pack and if I want to buy it from customs at street value then contact them. Obviously, I hope nobody would be dumb enough to respond to them. And that’s the end of it. Nothing they can do to prove you ordered anything. Case in point, I found out an enemy of mine ordered gear from Europe using my name. There’s no way to prove who ordered a package until you have it in your possession and open the pack.

As a professional, this is quite embarrassing.

It damages her reputation and lands her in hot water.

IMO she comes out of this okay. BUT, that might depend on the amount too.

Might pay some fines and plea down to a year or two pronation. IDK if she will be able to touch gear again for awhile...physique will look different this time next year.

Sylvester Stallone got caught "importing" 30+ kits of HGH in his suitcase and got a slap on the wrist.

Didn't even get probation

The whole thing is a scheme.A fraud.

This current "administration" is the biggest piece of shit on Earth. While we lost millions and billions and women are being raped and tortured in Afghanistan, these fucking assholes are worried about Anavar.

Pay close attention to the enemy in your back yard.

Sylvester Stallone got caught "importing" 30+ kits of HGH in his suitcase and got a slap on the wrist.

Didn't even get probation

The whole thing is a scheme.A fraud.

This current "administration" is the biggest piece of shit on Earth. While we lost millions and billions and women are being raped and tortured in Afghanistan, these fucking assholes are worried about Anavar.

Pay close attention to the enemy in your back yard.

I thought that happened in Australia?

I thought that happened in Australia?

I read he brought them from AUS

I could be wrong. Either way I know you and I know the laws are for us peasants and not the so called "elites"

Damn.

I don't get why they would be mailing gear over from Canada........ They're in the heart of the Matt Jansen camp..... I'm sure there is plenty of shit laying around.

It's also a very bad look since Bumstead became part owner of Revive this week.

Ian might be a touch softer this Arnold

This seems very suspicious. I’ve had multiple packages seized at customs for gear over the years coming from various countries and every time I got a letter saying what was in the pack and if I want to buy it from customs at street value then contact them. Obviously, I hope nobody would be dumb enough to respond to them. And that’s the end of it. Nothing they can do to prove you ordered anything. Case in point, I found out an enemy of mine ordered gear from Europe using my name. There’s no way to prove who ordered a package until you have it in your possession and open the pack.

There have been news stories on this forum before of customs turning over packages to local law enforcement. It happens a lot, but most of these arrests do not make the news. The postal service will do the same thing for domestic shipments. This is especially true in states in which it is a felony to possess any steroid, like Florida where this arrest occurred.

Anybody notice the picture is a FedEx package? That means they probably did not have to get a warrant if FedEx decided to assist. They can't tell FedEx to open it without a warrant, but they can't stop FedEx from doing it, either, wink, wink.

A warrant is silly easy to get, though, even for postal inspectors and the local police with the postal service mail, so that is not a big hurdle.

Melissa is Canadian. Six felonies is probably going to cause her immigration issues.

The amounts listed in the police report mean about 14 vials of test, 13 vials of mast, 13 vials of tren, not a huge order.

IML Gear Cream!
I read he brought them from AUS

I could be wrong. Either way I know you and I know the laws are for us peasants and not the so called "elites"
Australia has some pretty strict laws regarding AAS I am sure...but yes you are right. Laws apply to us and not the well connected...

There have been news stories on this forum before of customs turning over packages to local law enforcement. It happens a lot, but most of these arrests do not make the news. The postal service will do the same thing for domestic shipments. This is especially true in states in which it is a felony to possess any steroid, like Florida where this arrest occurred.

Anybody notice the picture is a FedEx package? That means they probably did not have to get a warrant if FedEx decided to assist. They can't tell FedEx to open it without a warrant, but they can't stop FedEx from doing it, either, wink, wink.

A warrant is silly easy to get, though, even for postal inspectors and the local police with the postal service mail, so that is not a big hurdle.

Melissa is Canadian. Six felonies is probably going to cause her immigration issues.

The amounts listed in the police report mean about 14 vials of test, 13 vials of mast, 13 vials of tren, not a huge order.
1. That's a huge order for me lol

2. I did see the FedEx package and thought it was strange

1. That's a huge order for me lol

2. I did see the FedEx package and thought it was strange

There were more items, those were just the ones I did the conversions for.

6 felony charges. According to the arrest report she was caught with the following:

Test prop 146.3 grams Drostanolone prop 125.1 grams Tren ace 124.2 grams Oxandrolone 65.5 grams Flouxymesterone 57.8 grams Mesterolone 42.6 grams Stanzolol 37.7 grams Exemestane 33.8 grams Cabergoline 19.8 grams

Note that in Florida the law requires any "compound" to be weighed together, so when it says "test prop 146.3 grams," this is not grams of testosterone propionate, but the actual weight of the oil and everything. It's screwed up, but that is how Florida law requires it to be measured. Same for capsules and tablets. In other words, these are not "doses" so you cannot convert that to mg and divide by 100 and then 10 to get the number of vials of test prop.

Anybody know what a regular 10 cc vial of gear weighs if you pour it out of the vial? 146 grams is about 5 ounces, not even half a pound. This does not sound like a lot of steroids at all.

Grapeseed oil weighs very close to a gram per cc at room temperature, around 0.92 grams per cc, so that is maybe 13 bottles of test prop, maybe 11 bottles of tren, about the same for mast . . . we are not talking huge amounts here, as some are speculating. I bet many of you have made orders this size or larger.

In case that wasn't clear, 146.3 grams of testostosterone propionate - this is not like when somebody says, I am going 1 gram a week of test, and you know he is doing a full vial. This is not a dosage. It is literally the weight of everything, oil, fillers (for caps and tabs) - everything. That is how Florida law says to measure it.

So it would literally be like uncapping all the vials and pouring all the oil into a container after pushing Tare Weight on the scale and then, when you finishing pouring them all in, it weighs 0.322 pounds (146.3 grams).

THAT is how they are weighed.

Weird, huh?

Yes, in Florida you can be found to have more steroids because there are more fillers in your caps, or more oil in your vial. Say EQ at 500mg per or tren ace at 100mg per . . . both weight the same. You are being penalized for the oil amount. No BS.

So a 10mg anavar tablet or a 25 mg anavar tablet, it does not matter. What matters is not the dose but what all the tablets weigh together on the scale, fillers and all.

That’s a large order. It’s not they are accepting 3-4 vials for trt. That’s enough to be a distributor. Most likely they just were mailing stuff from their home in Canada to Florida and got busted. Anyone with any bodybuilding knowledge is going to see bumstead and know there is probably something in that package.

Isn’t it a felony to possess steroids in every state??

I thought it was federal classification schedule 3

IMO they can make this a big deal if they wanted to... idk why the fuck they would??

Ppl getting legalized weed now. And opioids are the real epidemic.

Not gear for ppl who want to push their genetics to look better.

Also, what was confusing... they said they knew she opened the package bc she had powder on her hands.

That something they did??

Last edited:
In case that wasn't clear, 146.3 grams of testostosterone propionate - this is not like when somebody says, I am going 1 gram a week of test, and you know he is doing a full vial. This is not a dosage. It is literally the weight of everything, oil, fillers (for caps and tabs) - everything. That is how Florida law says to measure it.

So it would literally be like uncapping all the vials and pouring all the oil into a container after pushing Tare Weight on the scale and then, when you finishing pouring them all in, it weighs 0.322 pounds (146.3 grams).

THAT is how they are weighed.

Weird, huh?

Yes, in Florida you can be found to have more steroids because there are more fillers in your caps, or more oil in your vial. Say EQ at 500mg per or tren ace at 100mg per . . . both weight the same. You are being penalized for the oil amount. No BS.

So a 10mg anavar tablet or a 25 mg anavar tablet, it does not matter. What matters is not the dose but what all the tablets weigh together on the scale, fillers and all.
It’s called “cop calculators”. The “street value” of that gear is $3,005,987,998 using the same calculator.
Nobody is getting 20g of caber. Last I checked it was $4,500g. (Or was that milberone?)

This whole thing is political. That’s the only explanation for why this paltry amount is pursued. I wonder if the timing of the bust intentionally coincides with the affiliation with Revive?

It’s called “cop calculators”. The “street value” of that gear is $3,005,987,998 using the same calculator.
Nobody is getting 20g of caber. Last I checked it was $4,500g. (Or was that milberone?)

This whole thing is political. That’s the only explanation for why this paltry amount is pursued. I wonder if the timing of the bust intentionally coincides with the affiliation with Revive?

This is exactly precise

When I got arrested the Police on the phone with his supervisor said, "yeah we got $20k in gear here". I literally laughed in his face. I forget the precise amount it was, but I do recall I paid $250-500 max for what I had on hand LMAO

All of it is a political scheme and they don't want to admit that they got small hanging fruit. They have to build it up to make it seem worthy.

This is the reason many people despise L.E. Because "some" of them are part of the mob arm. The War on Drugs is a War on the American People

You treat addiction, you don't criminalze addiction. Steroids is absolutely a psychological and body image disorder when they are abused.

Get Shredded!
Old metal trash cans make great Faraday cages. After removing the contents, burn the box in the metal can. Problem solved. Also, don't open the box using the normal means because that's where the trip wire will be. Just cut the side of the box somewhere in the middle and peal it away, one layer at at time to expose any wires. It's just a matter of what lengths you're willing to go to in order to not get caught.

Before reading this, I didn't know that they did stuff like that. Now I know and such tactics can't be used on me.

Write " return to sender " on the outside and leave it near the door for a week

Write " return to sender " on the outside and leave it near the door for a week

I never bring it inside right away anyway. But a transmitter like that will have a battery to activate it even after a week. Faraday it or consider that a small device like that can't have a range of more than a mile or so. Just wrap it in aluminum foil and toss it in the trunk of your car. Next time you drive into town, stop in the middle of nowhere, open it, and toss the packaging.

Isn’t it a felony to possess steroids in every state??

I thought it was federal classification schedule 3

IMO they can make this a big deal if they wanted to... idk why the fuck they would??

Ppl getting legalized weed now. And opioids are the real epidemic.

Not gear for ppl who want to push their genetics to look better.

Also, what was confusing... they said they knew she opened the package bc she had powder on her hands.

That something they did??

It is schedule III, for which possession on the federal level is just a misdemeanor and not likely to be prosecuted. That is why they take it to locals in states in which it is a felony, and, no, possession of schedule III drugs is not a felony in every state.

For example, in Oregon it used to be a misdemeanor, but they just made it (2020) to a $100 fine and a health assessment. Every state is different, and it may depend on the quantity (and the quantity can be quite low because of the "doses" that the legislature was thinking about when passing the law, and steroids are bought for a cycle, not a "dose" to party). It may also depend on whether they think that you are selling, due to the amount in your possession or other factors. Finally, it may depend on your criminal history. Some states will treat the first offense as a misdemeanor, but increase the penalties for later offenses.

The penalty information, and whether it is a misdemeanor or felony, can be hard to find in some states, due to the way the statutes are written. In southern states, though, like Florida, you can pretty safely assume "felony" rather than "misdemeanor."

What researching the penalty statute will not tell you is that in many states drug charges result in a lot of consequences, like suspension of your driver's license. You may also lose professional licensing. There are a lot of things not spelled out without a lot of research.

As to your last question about powder on her hands, the arrest affidavit is like 3-4 pages long and tells in great detail what they did. They inserted a tracking device so that they would know both where the package was and when it was opened. They also laced the package with a powder that is visible under ultraviolet light. An undercover officer delivered. Once the device alerted them to a package opening, they launched the raid, and they put her hands under an ultraviolet light, which showed the powder on her hands.

While I share your desire to see this not treated harshly, that is just not the world we live in.

Even if she gets some sort of first offender treatment that perhaps wipes her record clean if she complies with probation (including steroid testing, meaning no more competing at an elite level), the near term consequences on her may include revocation of her nonimmigrant visa status and deportation. Immigrant visas may have more protection, but the arrest affidavit specifically mentions a nonimmigrant visa.

Last edited:
That’s a large order. It’s not they are accepting 3-4 vials for trt. That’s enough to be a distributor. Most likely they just were mailing stuff from their home in Canada to Florida and got busted. Anyone with any bodybuilding knowledge is going to see bumstead and know there is probably something in that package.

A distributor? With roughly a dozen bottles of test, and the same of masteron and tren? Seriously? I'd bet a huge percentage of posters here have had orders larger than that one, especially when a source runs a sale.

Last edited:
Is this just sheer bad luck? Some random package gets picked out for closer examination by customs? If so, fuck.

Or was Bumstead and company already on the "radar", so to speak?
I also wonder how the packaging was......contents sloppily packed on the inside? Shit moving around when the package is jostled or shaken? Basically were there any clues or giveaways that would contribute to customs wanting to examine the package more?
Basically, is this just real shitty luck or did customs believe they had an idea what was going on with the package before they even opened it.

The senders family name has a criminal history so that might have been a red flag. Canada has really strict customs just as bad as Australia.
They should’ve asked some local competitors instead. I’m sure someone would’ve helped.

Starts around 12:12
https://youtu.be/fxWK_mOwpbk

Back