RoidVisor

Melissa Bumstead Arrested On Felony Charges For Allegedly Importing Steroids

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Rep Points

That’s a large order. It’s not they are accepting 3-4 vials for trt. That’s enough to be a distributor. Most likely they just were mailing stuff from their home in Canada to Florida and got busted. Anyone with any bodybuilding knowledge is going to see bumstead and know there is probably something in that package.

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,996 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    There have been news stories on this forum before of customs turning over packages to local law enforcement. It happens a lot, but most of these arrests do not make the news. The postal service will do the same thing for domestic shipments. This is especially true in states in which it is a felony to possess any steroid, like Florida where this arrest occurred.

Anybody notice the picture is a FedEx package? That means they probably did not have to get a warrant if FedEx decided to assist. They can't tell FedEx to open it without a warrant, but they can't stop FedEx from doing it, either, wink, wink.

A warrant is silly easy to get, though, even for postal inspectors and the local police with the postal service mail, so that is not a big hurdle.

Melissa is Canadian. Six felonies is probably going to cause her immigration issues.

The amounts listed in the police report mean about 14 vials of test, 13 vials of mast, 13 vials of tren, not a huge order.
    Isn’t it a felony to possess steroids in every state??

I thought it was federal classification schedule 3

IMO they can make this a big deal if they wanted to... idk why the fuck they would??

Ppl getting legalized weed now. And opioids are the real epidemic.

Not gear for ppl who want to push their genetics to look better.

Also, what was confusing... they said they knew she opened the package bc she had powder on her hands.

That something they did??
    Last edited by Augustine5I; 09-16-2021 at 04:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    In case that wasn't clear, 146.3 grams of testostosterone propionate - this is not like when somebody says, I am going 1 gram a week of test, and you know he is doing a full vial. This is not a dosage. It is literally the weight of everything, oil, fillers (for caps and tabs) - everything. That is how Florida law says to measure it.

So it would literally be like uncapping all the vials and pouring all the oil into a container after pushing Tare Weight on the scale and then, when you finishing pouring them all in, it weighs 0.322 pounds (146.3 grams).

THAT is how they are weighed.

Weird, huh?

Yes, in Florida you can be found to have more steroids because there are more fillers in your caps, or more oil in your vial. Say EQ at 500mg per or tren ace at 100mg per . . . both weight the same. You are being penalized for the oil amount. No BS.

So a 10mg anavar tablet or a 25 mg anavar tablet, it does not matter. What matters is not the dose but what all the tablets weigh together on the scale, fillers and all.
    It’s called “cop calculators”. The “street value” of that gear is $3,005,987,998 using the same calculator.
    Nobody is getting 20g of caber. Last I checked it was $4,500g. (Or was that milberone?)

This whole thing is political. That’s the only explanation for why this paltry amount is pursued. I wonder if the timing of the bust intentionally coincides with the affiliation with Revive?

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,031 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CoachCabo View Post
    It’s called “cop calculators”. The “street value” of that gear is $3,005,987,998 using the same calculator.
    Nobody is getting 20g of caber. Last I checked it was $4,500g. (Or was that milberone?)

This whole thing is political. That’s the only explanation for why this paltry amount is pursued. I wonder if the timing of the bust intentionally coincides with the affiliation with Revive?

This is exactly precise

When I got arrested the Police on the phone with his supervisor said, "yeah we got $20k in gear here". I literally laughed in his face. I forget the precise amount it was, but I do recall I paid $250-500 max for what I had on hand LMAO

All of it is a political scheme and they don't want to admit that they got small hanging fruit. They have to build it up to make it seem worthy.

This is the reason many people despise L.E. Because "some" of them are part of the mob arm. The War on Drugs is a War on the American People

You treat addiction, you don't criminalze addiction. Steroids is absolutely a psychological and body image disorder when they are abused.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,752 Posts
    Rep Points

Most likely a rat in the wood pile some where

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Rep Points

Old metal trash cans make great Faraday cages. After removing the contents, burn the box in the metal can. Problem solved. Also, don't open the box using the normal means because that's where the trip wire will be. Just cut the side of the box somewhere in the middle and peal it away, one layer at at time to expose any wires. It's just a matter of what lengths you're willing to go to in order to not get caught.

Before reading this, I didn't know that they did stuff like that. Now I know and such tactics can't be used on me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Rep Points

Write " return to sender " on the outside and leave it near the door for a week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyskidmark View Post
    Write " return to sender " on the outside and leave it near the door for a week
    I never bring it inside right away anyway. But a transmitter like that will have a battery to activate it even after a week. Faraday it or consider that a small device like that can't have a range of more than a mile or so. Just wrap it in aluminum foil and toss it in the trunk of your car. Next time you drive into town, stop in the middle of nowhere, open it, and toss the packaging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,358 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine5I View Post
    Isn’t it a felony to possess steroids in every state??

I thought it was federal classification schedule 3

IMO they can make this a big deal if they wanted to... idk why the fuck they would??

Ppl getting legalized weed now. And opioids are the real epidemic.

Not gear for ppl who want to push their genetics to look better.

Also, what was confusing... they said they knew she opened the package bc she had powder on her hands.

That something they did??
    It is schedule III, for which possession on the federal level is just a misdemeanor and not likely to be prosecuted. That is why they take it to locals in states in which it is a felony, and, no, possession of schedule III drugs is not a felony in every state.

For example, in Oregon it used to be a misdemeanor, but they just made it (2020) to a $100 fine and a health assessment. Every state is different, and it may depend on the quantity (and the quantity can be quite low because of the "doses" that the legislature was thinking about when passing the law, and steroids are bought for a cycle, not a "dose" to party). It may also depend on whether they think that you are selling, due to the amount in your possession or other factors. Finally, it may depend on your criminal history. Some states will treat the first offense as a misdemeanor, but increase the penalties for later offenses.

The penalty information, and whether it is a misdemeanor or felony, can be hard to find in some states, due to the way the statutes are written. In southern states, though, like Florida, you can pretty safely assume "felony" rather than "misdemeanor."

What researching the penalty statute will not tell you is that in many states drug charges result in a lot of consequences, like suspension of your driver's license. You may also lose professional licensing. There are a lot of things not spelled out without a lot of research.

As to your last question about powder on her hands, the arrest affidavit is like 3-4 pages long and tells in great detail what they did. They inserted a tracking device so that they would know both where the package was and when it was opened. They also laced the package with a powder that is visible under ultraviolet light. An undercover officer delivered. Once the device alerted them to a package opening, they launched the raid, and they put her hands under an ultraviolet light, which showed the powder on her hands.

While I share your desire to see this not treated harshly, that is just not the world we live in.

Even if she gets some sort of first offender treatment that perhaps wipes her record clean if she complies with probation (including steroid testing, meaning no more competing at an elite level), the near term consequences on her may include revocation of her nonimmigrant visa status and deportation. Immigrant visas may have more protection, but the arrest affidavit specifically mentions a nonimmigrant visa.
    Last edited by malfeasance; 09-22-2021 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,358 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tacocat View Post
    That’s a large order. It’s not they are accepting 3-4 vials for trt. That’s enough to be a distributor. Most likely they just were mailing stuff from their home in Canada to Florida and got busted. Anyone with any bodybuilding knowledge is going to see bumstead and know there is probably something in that package.
    A distributor? With roughly a dozen bottles of test, and the same of masteron and tren? Seriously? I'd bet a huge percentage of posters here have had orders larger than that one, especially when a source runs a sale.
    Last edited by malfeasance; 09-22-2021 at 09:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    391 Posts
    Rep Points

Is this just sheer bad luck? Some random package gets picked out for closer examination by customs? If so, fuck.

Or was Bumstead and company already on the "radar", so to speak?
    I also wonder how the packaging was......contents sloppily packed on the inside? Shit moving around when the package is jostled or shaken? Basically were there any clues or giveaways that would contribute to customs wanting to examine the package more?
    Basically, is this just real shitty luck or did customs believe they had an idea what was going on with the package before they even opened it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    800 Posts
    Rep Points

The senders family name has a criminal history so that might have been a red flag. Canada has really strict customs just as bad as Australia.
    They should’ve asked some local competitors instead. I’m sure someone would’ve helped.

Starts around 12:12