Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Numero Uno 💪
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,336 Posts
    Rep Points

Melissa Bumstead Arrested On Felony Charges For Allegedly Importing Steroids

Figure competitor and influencer Melissa Bumstead has reportedly been arrested for importing steroids

Melissa Bumstead is known for being an IFBB Figure athlete and social media influencer, among other things. However she has apparently found herself in hot water after being arrested for allegedly importing steroids.

Melissa has made a name for herself being a social media influencer, coach, and IFBB Figure Pro, as well as the wife of Menís Open competitor Iain Valliere, and sister to Classic Physique Olympia champ Chris Bumstead. She has competed in a few events over the years, but has largely become known for her efforts on Instagram, amassing over 100k followers.

Now reports have emerged that the Canadian influencer has been arrested in Martin County, Florida, after being caught allegedly importing steroids into the United States. The report states that Customs randomly selected a package that was coming across the border from Canada to the US, putting it through extensive inspection.

Once it was discovered that the packaged allegedly contained multiple anabolic steroids, such as testosterone propionate, drostanolone propionate and oxandrolone and other prescription medication, Customs contacted the Martin County Sheriffís Office. At this point, authorities followed the package to the address that was listed, with the package being addressed to Melissa Bumstead.

A detective covertly delivered the package directly to Melissa, with investigators saying that evidence on her hands points to her having opened the package. She was then arrested September 10th, on six felony counts of possession of controlled substance without a prescription.

It is worth noting that the address with which the package was delivered was connected to a limited liability company, which is registered to Chris Bumstead. However, at the time of writing, it does not appear that he has been arrested or charged with anything, meaning his spot competing at the Olympia in October should be secure.

As for Melissa, she was released from jail the following day, after paying an undisclosed amount for bail. At the time of writing there has been no comment on the matter, from her or her representatives.

Of course, Melissa Bumstead should be considered innocent until proven guilty, but if she is found guilty then she could be in hot water. Not only could she face time behind bars and/or monetary fines, but these felony charges involving transporting drugs across borders could very well prevent her from entering the United States again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,373 Posts
    Rep Points

Very sad news. And very bad picture of her. Curious to see what the outcome is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Rep Points

That's why you don't import them you buy from someone who has them imported already duh. In all seriousness it sucks but it is the game we play. Hopefully it isn't too harsh of a punishment.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    592 Posts
    Rep Points

This seems very suspicious. Iíve had multiple packages seized at customs for gear over the years coming from various countries and every time I got a letter saying what was in the pack and if I want to buy it from customs at street value then contact them. Obviously, I hope nobody would be dumb enough to respond to them. And thatís the end of it. Nothing they can do to prove you ordered anything. Case in point, I found out an enemy of mine ordered gear from Europe using my name. Thereís no way to prove who ordered a package until you have it in your possession and open the pack.
    FLASH⚡️LABS
    www.flashgear.to

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,068 Posts
    Rep Points

As a professional, this is quite embarrassing.

It damages her reputation and lands her in hot water.

IMO she comes out of this okay. BUT, that might depend on the amount too.

Might pay some fines and plea down to a year or two pronation. IDK if she will be able to touch gear again for awhile...physique will look different this time next year.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,251 Posts
    Rep Points

Sylvester Stallone got caught "importing" 30+ kits of HGH in his suitcase and got a slap on the wrist.

Didn't even get probation

The whole thing is a scheme.A fraud.

This current "administration" is the biggest piece of shit on Earth. While we lost millions and billions and women are being raped and tortured in Afghanistan, these fucking assholes are worried about Anavar.

Pay close attention to the enemy in your back yard.

Numero Uno 💪
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,336 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GYMnTONIC View Post
    Sylvester Stallone got caught "importing" 30+ kits of HGH in his suitcase and got a slap on the wrist.

Didn't even get probation

The whole thing is a scheme.A fraud.

This current "administration" is the biggest piece of shit on Earth. While we lost millions and billions and women are being raped and tortured in Afghanistan, these fucking assholes are worried about Anavar.

Pay close attention to the enemy in your back yard.
    I thought that happened in Australia?
    PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,251 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Admin View Post
    I read he brought them from AUS

I could be wrong. Either way I know you and I know the laws are for us peasants and not the so called "elites"

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,696 Posts
    Rep Points

Damn.

I don't get why they would be mailing gear over from Canada........ They're in the heart of the Matt Jansen camp..... I'm sure there is plenty of shit laying around.

It's also a very bad look since Bumstead became part owner of Revive this week.

Ian might be a touch softer this Arnold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,359 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by JJB1 View Post
    This seems very suspicious. Iíve had multiple packages seized at customs for gear over the years coming from various countries and every time I got a letter saying what was in the pack and if I want to buy it from customs at street value then contact them. Obviously, I hope nobody would be dumb enough to respond to them. And thatís the end of it. Nothing they can do to prove you ordered anything. Case in point, I found out an enemy of mine ordered gear from Europe using my name. Thereís no way to prove who ordered a package until you have it in your possession and open the pack.

There have been news stories on this forum before of customs turning over packages to local law enforcement. It happens a lot, but most of these arrests do not make the news. The postal service will do the same thing for domestic shipments. This is especially true in states in which it is a felony to possess any steroid, like Florida where this arrest occurred.

Anybody notice the picture is a FedEx package? That means they probably did not have to get a warrant if FedEx decided to assist. They can't tell FedEx to open it without a warrant, but they can't stop FedEx from doing it, either, wink, wink.

A warrant is silly easy to get, though, even for postal inspectors and the local police with the postal service mail, so that is not a big hurdle.

Melissa is Canadian. Six felonies is probably going to cause her immigration issues.

The amounts listed in the police report mean about 14 vials of test, 13 vials of mast, 13 vials of tren, not a huge order.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,847 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GYMnTONIC View Post
    I read he brought them from AUS

I could be wrong. Either way I know you and I know the laws are for us peasants and not the so called "elites"
    Australia has some pretty strict laws regarding AAS I am sure...but yes you are right. Laws apply to us and not the well connected...
    Show me

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Admin View Post
    Yes it did
    [SIZE=3]Email for a full price list
    sblabs@securenym.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    There have been news stories on this forum before of customs turning over packages to local law enforcement. It happens a lot, but most of these arrests do not make the news. The postal service will do the same thing for domestic shipments. This is especially true in states in which it is a felony to possess any steroid, like Florida where this arrest occurred.

Anybody notice the picture is a FedEx package? That means they probably did not have to get a warrant if FedEx decided to assist. They can't tell FedEx to open it without a warrant, but they can't stop FedEx from doing it, either, wink, wink.

A warrant is silly easy to get, though, even for postal inspectors and the local police with the postal service mail, so that is not a big hurdle.

Melissa is Canadian. Six felonies is probably going to cause her immigration issues.

The amounts listed in the police report mean about 14 vials of test, 13 vials of mast, 13 vials of tren, not a huge order.
    1. That's a huge order for me lol

2. I did see the FedEx package and thought it was strange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,359 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dnewell2004 View Post
    1. That's a huge order for me lol

2. I did see the FedEx package and thought it was strange
    There were more items, those were just the ones I did the conversions for.

6 felony charges. According to the arrest report she was caught with the following:

Test prop 146.3 grams Drostanolone prop 125.1 grams Tren ace 124.2 grams Oxandrolone 65.5 grams Flouxymesterone 57.8 grams Mesterolone 42.6 grams Stanzolol 37.7 grams Exemestane 33.8 grams Cabergoline 19.8 grams

Note that in Florida the law requires any "compound" to be weighed together, so when it says "test prop 146.3 grams," this is not grams of testosterone propionate, but the actual weight of the oil and everything. It's screwed up, but that is how Florida law requires it to be measured. Same for capsules and tablets. In other words, these are not "doses" so you cannot convert that to mg and divide by 100 and then 10 to get the number of vials of test prop.

Anybody know what a regular 10 cc vial of gear weighs if you pour it out of the vial? 146 grams is about 5 ounces, not even half a pound. This does not sound like a lot of steroids at all.

Grapeseed oil weighs very close to a gram per cc at room temperature, around 0.92 grams per cc, so that is maybe 13 bottles of test prop, maybe 11 bottles of tren, about the same for mast . . . we are not talking huge amounts here, as some are speculating. I bet many of you have made orders this size or larger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,359 Posts
    Rep Points

In case that wasn't clear, 146.3 grams of testostosterone propionate - this is not like when somebody says, I am going 1 gram a week of test, and you know he is doing a full vial. This is not a dosage. It is literally the weight of everything, oil, fillers (for caps and tabs) - everything. That is how Florida law says to measure it.

So it would literally be like uncapping all the vials and pouring all the oil into a container after pushing Tare Weight on the scale and then, when you finishing pouring them all in, it weighs 0.322 pounds (146.3 grams).

THAT is how they are weighed.

Weird, huh?

Yes, in Florida you can be found to have more steroids because there are more fillers in your caps, or more oil in your vial. Say EQ at 500mg per or tren ace at 100mg per . . . both weight the same. You are being penalized for the oil amount. No BS.

So a 10mg anavar tablet or a 25 mg anavar tablet, it does not matter. What matters is not the dose but what all the tablets weigh together on the scale, fillers and all.