• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Thinking about dropping clomid from PCT

Win2002

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've posted a few times about my struggles with this round of PCT, so thanks to everyone who's been kind enough to respond.

I wrapped up a 16-week cycle of 200mg test p/EOD on August 31st. I started PCT three days later. My planned PCT was two weeks of 1,000iu HCG EOD, 50/50/25/25 clomid and 20/20/20/20 nolva. (I realize now that running HCG and the SERMs simultaneously isn't correct; there's lots of conflicting information out there--the PCT sticky had three weeks of simultaneous HCG/SERMs, so I thought that was appropriate.)

So, I'm now roughly ten days into PCT, and it's absolutely kicking my ass. Horrible depression, nonexistent energy, can't sleep more than five hours, anxious, jittery, etc. Not trying to be melodramatic, but truly one of the worst experiences of my life and it's taking a toll in a number of ways. Doing three more weeks of this seems... not very possible. (I'm prone to depression/anxiety normally, which probably put me at a greater risk for severe sides.) I haven't run a cycle for three years, but my prior PCTs have only used nolva (including an NPP cycle, so I was shut down pretty hard). I recovered extremely well from that, with test levels over 900.

I'm considering dropping clomid due to the sides and relying on nolva only. I'm a little concerned because I'm 38 and want to fully recover, but I'm trying to be realistic about what I can tolerate for another three weeks.

Thoughts? Guidance? I'm just really struggling with what this is doing to me emotionally.

Thanks much--really appreciate it.

I did cycle & pct for years thinking each time I fully recovered. Even got bloods showing my levels post cycle were back. A few years went by and boom, my test crashed into the gutter and stayed there. Now I’m on trt with some mini blasts of low doses of mild compounds and I feel amazing all the time. My doc is happy with my test being 725, and that’s on 120mg test a week.

I know it’s not really answering your question, but sharing my experience with what I thought were successful pct s but really just deleted the inevitable

Yeah I’m not sure why peeps in this game even bother with pct.

you didn’t give your age but I’m assuming (carefully) that you aren’t 25 years old and that you have blasted many times and probably with high frequency… and although pct has worked for you in the past…. You putting yourself on a hormonal roller coaster has become cumbersome and in all practicality….. futile.

welcome to the dark side of vanity. Enjoy your stay.

Nolva and OTC options

Pine Pollen tinctures, boron and many other ingredients can assist with HPTA return.

Clomid of course is the most superior of all but certainly it can have sides as you mentioned.

you didn’t give your age but I’m assuming (carefully) that you aren’t 25 years old and that you have blasted many times and probably with high frequency… and although pct has worked for you in the past…. You putting yourself on a hormonal roller coaster has become cumbersome and in all practicality….. futile.

I'm 38 and this was my fourth cycle; three years since my last one. So, a moderate AAS user--not the first cycle or two, but not a frequent or annual cycler.

So definitely having a predisposition for anxiety depression makes pct extremely hard im not sure if you take other medications but there can be interactions. I have experience with this myself I would say listen to your body drop the clomiphene. You can run a pct with just nolvadex I would definitely get your blood work done though because some people need clomiphene to recover depending upon many variables.
If you ever want to talk contact me at bigmurph@roidshop.to im happy to help get you to your goals im always happy to help brother

bigmurph@roidshop.to
http://roidshop.to/

In the past you said you recovered great from just Nolva. So I would drop the HCG and Clomid and run Nolva at 40/40/20/20

So definitely having a predisposition for anxiety depression makes pct extremely hard im not sure if you take other medications but there can be interactions. I have experience with this myself I would say listen to your body drop the clomiphene. You can run a pct with just nolvadex I would definitely get your blood work done though because some people need clomiphene to recover depending upon many variables.
If you ever want to talk contact me at bigmurph@roidshop.to im happy to help get you to your goals im always happy to help brother

bigmurph@roidshop.to
http://roidshop.to/

Thanks, really appreciate the offer--might take you up on that. I think I'll try dropping clomid to 25 for a few days and seeing if that helps; I've heard some people say they tolerate it better at that dose.

- - - Updated - - -

In the past you said you recovered great from just Nolva. So I would drop the HCG and Clomid and run Nolva at 40/40/20/20

Thanks! Yeah, I'm just nervous because I'm older now than my last cycle and this was a relatively long/heavy cycle at 16 weeks 700mg/week. But just test and tbol; I recovered well from NPP last time, which is a much worse shutdown.

Update on this; my doc asked me to take a hormone panel. Not sure how much use that is in the middle of PCT, but I've got the data. My total T was 419 (down from 902 pre-cycle), LH is 3.9 (from 2.8 pre-cycle), and FSH is 6.0 (can't find a pre-cycle value for that). I know the useful tests will be about four weeks after PCT wraps up, but are these numbers helpful at all? They were taken about 2.5 weeks into PCT. I feel like they're not bad for mid-way through PCT.

Back