Anybody else noticing a food shortage starting?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 112
  1. #61
    Registered User
    CowboyPump77's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere!
    Posts
    1,590

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,635
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,103
    Thanked in
    686 Posts
    Rep Points
    19610778

    I can say I have noticed shortages of =certain goods. Taco Sauce being one for who knows what reason. Other stuff too, but nothing concerning just yet. What I do see as a real problem is prices skyrocketing. I have to spend 200 a week now for my wife and I. She typically eats at the Bar other then breakfast. I try to be money conscious but going from $100 ish per week to around $200 is nuts.

    I also notice quality of goods going down. Steak is one of the bigger issues....

  2. #62
    Registered User
    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    11,743

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11,214
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,350
    Thanked in
    2,692 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyPump77 View Post
    I can say I have noticed shortages of =certain goods. Taco Sauce being one for who knows what reason. Other stuff too, but nothing concerning just yet. What I do see as a real problem is prices skyrocketing. I have to spend 200 a week now for my wife and I. She typically eats at the Bar other then breakfast. I try to be money conscious but going from $100 ish per week to around $200 is nuts.

    I also notice quality of goods going down. Steak is one of the bigger issues....
    Went to the supermarket yesterday and the fruit and produce seem to be of so-so quality now and much higher in price. Even 2.5 lbs of pizza dough for a pizza night ran me $10. It's nuts indeed!

    Dairy was picked over but managed to snag a gallon of milk and it was $4!
    Last edited by MindlessWork; 09-14-2021 at 11:44 AM.
    Show me

  3. #63
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,161

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    877
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    728
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Rep Points
    19146412

    Quote Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
    Went to the supermarket yesterday and the fruit and produce seem to be of so-so quality now and much higher in price. Even 2.5 lbs of pizza dough for a pizza night ran me $10. It's nuts indeed!

    Dairy was picked over but managed to snag a gallon of milk and it was $4!
    $10? Damn you could buy 2 little ceasars pizzas for that price.
    I have noticed sizes are smaller though

  4. #64
    Registered User
    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    11,743

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11,214
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,350
    Thanked in
    2,692 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Bft84 View Post
    $10? Damn you could buy 2 little ceasars pizzas for that price.
    I have noticed sizes are smaller though
    True that, and I bought the dough from a pizza place near me. A few weeks ago got the same amount for $5...go figure.
    Show me

  5. #65
    Super duper mod


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    way down
    Posts
    8,868

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,308
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,058
    Thanked in
    1,740 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Damn near all of my gas stations are completely out of Gatorade again . We had it happen abiut six months ago
    Advanced 2.0 the pip hits like a hammer

  6. #66
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,161

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    877
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    728
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Rep Points
    19146412

    Quote Originally Posted by frank zazz View Post
    Damn near all of my gas stations are completely out of Gatorade again . We had it happen abiut six months ago
    I actually noticed this today I had to go out to be in the field for an inspection and i stopped by race trac they were out of a lot of the Gatoradeís, power aids and biolytes. I thought it was just because itís been getting hot again recently.

  7. #67
    ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD
    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    18,910

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19,730
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    22,499
    Thanked in
    10,928 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by frank zazz View Post
    Damn near all of my gas stations are completely out of Gatorade again . We had it happen abiut six months ago
    This is the kind of BS I'm talking about. Rolling blackout shortages of the oddest things. How the hell do you run out of Gatorade? Seriously.

  8. #68
    Registered User
    CowboyPump77's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere!
    Posts
    1,590

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,635
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,103
    Thanked in
    686 Posts
    Rep Points
    19610778

    Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    This is the kind of BS I'm talking about. Rolling blackout shortages of the oddest things. How the hell do you run out of Gatorade? Seriously.
    I just talked to my wife about this situation since it was brought up. She does all the ordering at the bar she co-owns. The company she orders from kicked them to the curb because they acn not fill the orders of the larger accounts. Like WTF??? I told her remember that when they come crawling back eventually....

    Certain flavors of redbull she can not get.

    Chicken she said doubled in price per pound iirc...

    etc.....

  9. #69
    Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR
    heavyiron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,968

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,640
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,567
    Thanked in
    2,169 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by frank zazz View Post
    Damn near all of my gas stations are completely out of Gatorade again . We had it happen abiut six months ago
    Especially the G2. Its been out for a month or two around me.

    Meat and fuel prices up quite a bit as well.

    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

  10. #70
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,161

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    877
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    728
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Rep Points
    19146412

    Looked up the Gatorade shortage and it says that there is a shortage of delivery drivers, truckers and workers in general. Part of it is the workers and drivers on strike. Itís what happens when people realize these large corporations are nothing without them.

  11. #71
    Registered User
    bigtime916's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    In the Basement
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,997

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,528
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,593
    Thanked in
    1,563 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Especially the G2. Its been out for a month or two around me.

    Meat and fuel prices up quite a bit as well.
    4.49 for ground beef at Costco. Use to be 1.99lb. Fuel is 3.95 a gallon in NV.

  12. #72
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    XOTG85's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,206

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,240
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,175
    Thanked in
    2,159 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    From a practical perspective having food, water and supplies on hand just plain makes sense.

    Imagine you get Covid and you are quarantined for weeks. No problem because you have secured 15 days worth of everything already. Maybe its a storm or power outage. I can think of a dozen reasons to have extra supplies on hand.

    If you haven't already go stock up on extras.
    I have about 12 week's worth of ration bars and food and water tablets. Not ideal but better than starving.

  13. #73
    Registered User
    bigtime916's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    In the Basement
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,997

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,528
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,593
    Thanked in
    1,563 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by XOTG85 View Post
    I have about 12 week's worth of ration bars and food and water tablets. Not ideal but better than starving.
    Shit just looking in the cabinets I'm pretty sure we have a couple months worth. Yeah I'm not eating like a king but we're eating. I bet people would be shocked at what they can live off of.

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Big Puppy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    274

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    587
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Rep Points
    2146640384

    Quote Originally Posted by Bft84 View Post
    Looked up the Gatorade shortage and it says that there is a shortage of delivery drivers, truckers and workers in general. Part of it is the workers and drivers on strike. Itís what happens when people realize these large corporations are nothing without them.
    too bad youre not on the other side of the desk. here's a couple facts for you:
    1. easy to say hoe to run the business when youre not doing it.
    2. every job has it's price. you cannot overpay someone for the job and continue to compete
    3. raising pay for "skill-less" jobs only results in inflation. the costs WILL be passed on
    4. employees think that boss's are all rich. not necessarily true.
    5 employees underestimate the value of the guy at te top
    6. as employees say that the company wouldn't be there without them, it wouldn't be there without the boss either
    7. EVERYONE can get fired. employees, by the boss, and the boss, by the customer. quit thinking we're not vulnerable

    some of these people invest NOTHING into themselves and expect great pay. as I've always said, so you want ME to invest in you, but YOU won't even invest in you

    quit being a victim

  15. #75
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,313

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    848
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,634
    Thanked in
    1,463 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime916 View Post
    4.49 for ground beef at Costco. Use to be 1.99lb. Fuel is 3.95 a gallon in NV.
    Here in Tampa Costco skinless chicken breasts are $2.69/organic $5.69.
    Gas is $2.76.
    I have noticed stores are out of oddly random shit.
    Iíll never understand how things like gasoline nearly double but I bought two cases of Mobil1 for $28/case. Pretty much static over the years.

    Living in Mexico it is common and I am accustomed to things not being available, also very randomly. As such I have learned to work around things.
    As shitty as things can get in the USA, things like availability of foodstuffs is a far cry better than other countries.

Similar Threads

  1. Cycle going good but noticing some Gyno, help?
    By jayson.flex in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-24-2021, 09:32 AM
  2. Clen shortage?
    By Wiseguy in forum Source Checking & Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-13-2021, 05:11 PM
  3. Anyone noticing a Trend....
    By RoidsR4m3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-24-2017, 08:51 AM
  4. GD Shortage of Drol?!
    By JRotten in forum The Pit
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-21-2014, 11:02 PM
  5. Anyone noticing a decline?...
    By ConquerThemAll in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 04:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2021 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums