Anybody else noticing a food shortage starting?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,700 Posts
    Rep Points

I went to buy ground coffee I could only buy one can...fuck that. And next thing I know only the 12 packs of soda were available at the market.
    Show me

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10,951 Posts
    Rep Points

USDA says it's all in our minds. And these are not the droids you're looking for...

https://www.usda.gov/coronavirus/food-supply-chain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Rep Points

Local farmer time to split a cow and pig.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,170 Posts
    Rep Points

Went to my fav Mexican Cantina tonight and they said they had to raise prices to stay afloat. Bill was roughly 10% more than any other time we have gone there. They said staff shortages were bad right now too.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,164 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Went to my fav Mexican Cantina tonight and they said they had to raise prices to stay afloat. Bill was roughly 10% more than any other time we have gone there. They said staff shortages were bad right now too.
    Burger king has shut the doors here. No employees.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,467 Posts
    Rep Points

Man, I can’t wait to get home next month. Same games just way less of them. When we get shortages it’s because of real crisis. When eggs were dear, it as because they killed something like 30 million birds because of Newcastle. Mexico is the largest consumer of eggs in the world, so I am told.
    Gas is never out because Mexico is the #8 producer of petroleum in the world and they feed their pumps first. Most I’ve seen gas prices fluctuate in 9 years is maybe .50 usd.
    When things are scarce, they are actually scarce. They don’t make up shit like “due to COVID” or “coin shortage”.

I don’t mention this because Mexico is a better country, but to illustrate a couple of things.
    The government is corrupt. No one disputes that. But the corruption is so much more understood by the citizenry that they have learned to accept it. Very few protest but everyone complains.
    The government is a bit oppressive, but they don’t fuck with you on the most minute level like the USA does. Think Game Wardens, cops ticketing “failure to signal lane change” or more ludicously “signalling too early”.

Think of how much we are fucked with in America. It seems every aspect of our lives are regulated and it’s STILL not enough. Lawmakers are tightening the noose daily.
    Americans love to talk about the right to bear arms. We have that in Mexico too. In fact Mexico is one of three countries in the world where the right to bear arms is IN the constitution. Sure, it’s restricted and they make it a hassle to buy one but it can be done. In fact, I am going to make it a point to go buy one next year.

For some reason, some people in America rally to LOSE rights every day. “There should be a law…” “They should make _____ illegal…”

People talk about revolution and others scoff but I guess the latter forget how there came to be a United States of America.
    The thing I always hear is “That was 200 years ago”. Guess what Yankee, 200 years is pretty recent history.

I was in Sweden doing a thing and their military guys showed me weapons casually pointed at Denmark. I asked why? “Those fuckers attacked us 400 years ago. We don’t forget.”

When I lived in Scotland a girl I dated lived at a school, in a castle/home that was built 100 years before Cristopher Columbus was born! Think about that.

All these threads about revolution aren’t just crazy talk. Maybe a bit of bravado but not altogether impossible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,564 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by XOTG85 View Post
    Burger king has shut the doors here. No employees.
    You must live by me hahah. Same here.