• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Anybody else noticing a food shortage starting?

Get Shredded!
I can say I have noticed shortages of =certain goods. Taco Sauce being one for who knows what reason. Other stuff too, but nothing concerning just yet. What I do see as a real problem is prices skyrocketing. I have to spend 200 a week now for my wife and I. She typically eats at the Bar other then breakfast. I try to be money conscious but going from $100 ish per week to around $200 is nuts.

I also notice quality of goods going down. Steak is one of the bigger issues....

I can say I have noticed shortages of =certain goods. Taco Sauce being one for who knows what reason. Other stuff too, but nothing concerning just yet. What I do see as a real problem is prices skyrocketing. I have to spend 200 a week now for my wife and I. She typically eats at the Bar other then breakfast. I try to be money conscious but going from $100 ish per week to around $200 is nuts.

I also notice quality of goods going down. Steak is one of the bigger issues....

Went to the supermarket yesterday and the fruit and produce seem to be of so-so quality now and much higher in price. Even 2.5 lbs of pizza dough for a pizza night ran me $10. It's nuts indeed!

Dairy was picked over but managed to snag a gallon of milk and it was $4!

Last edited:
Went to the supermarket yesterday and the fruit and produce seem to be of so-so quality now and much higher in price. Even 2.5 lbs of pizza dough for a pizza night ran me $10. It's nuts indeed!

Dairy was picked over but managed to snag a gallon of milk and it was $4!
$10? Damn you could buy 2 little ceasars pizzas for that price.
I have noticed sizes are smaller though

$10? Damn you could buy 2 little ceasars pizzas for that price.
I have noticed sizes are smaller though
True that, and I bought the dough from a pizza place near me. A few weeks ago got the same amount for $5...go figure.

Damn near all of my gas stations are completely out of Gatorade again . We had it happen abiut six months ago
I actually noticed this today I had to go out to be in the field for an inspection and i stopped by race trac they were out of a lot of the Gatorade’s, power aids and biolytes. I thought it was just because it’s been getting hot again recently.

Damn near all of my gas stations are completely out of Gatorade again . We had it happen abiut six months ago

This is the kind of BS I'm talking about. Rolling blackout shortages of the oddest things. How the hell do you run out of Gatorade? Seriously.

This is the kind of BS I'm talking about. Rolling blackout shortages of the oddest things. How the hell do you run out of Gatorade? Seriously.

I just talked to my wife about this situation since it was brought up. She does all the ordering at the bar she co-owns. The company she orders from kicked them to the curb because they acn not fill the orders of the larger accounts. Like WTF??? I told her remember that when they come crawling back eventually....

Certain flavors of redbull she can not get.

Chicken she said doubled in price per pound iirc...

etc.....

Especially the G2. Its been out for a month or two around me.

Meat and fuel prices up quite a bit as well.

Looked up the Gatorade shortage and it says that there is a shortage of delivery drivers, truckers and workers in general. Part of it is the workers and drivers on strike. It’s what happens when people realize these large corporations are nothing without them.

From a practical perspective having food, water and supplies on hand just plain makes sense.

Imagine you get Covid and you are quarantined for weeks. No problem because you have secured 15 days worth of everything already. Maybe its a storm or power outage. I can think of a dozen reasons to have extra supplies on hand.

If you haven't already go stock up on extras.
I have about 12 week's worth of ration bars and food and water tablets. Not ideal but better than starving.

I have about 12 week's worth of ration bars and food and water tablets. Not ideal but better than starving.

Shit just looking in the cabinets I'm pretty sure we have a couple months worth. Yeah I'm not eating like a king but we're eating. I bet people would be shocked at what they can live off of.

Looked up the Gatorade shortage and it says that there is a shortage of delivery drivers, truckers and workers in general. Part of it is the workers and drivers on strike. It’s what happens when people realize these large corporations are nothing without them.

too bad youre not on the other side of the desk. here's a couple facts for you:
1. easy to say hoe to run the business when youre not doing it.
2. every job has it's price. you cannot overpay someone for the job and continue to compete
3. raising pay for "skill-less" jobs only results in inflation. the costs WILL be passed on
4. employees think that boss's are all rich. not necessarily true.
5 employees underestimate the value of the guy at te top
6. as employees say that the company wouldn't be there without them, it wouldn't be there without the boss either
7. EVERYONE can get fired. employees, by the boss, and the boss, by the customer. quit thinking we're not vulnerable

some of these people invest NOTHING into themselves and expect great pay. as I've always said, so you want ME to invest in you, but YOU won't even invest in you

quit being a victim

4.49 for ground beef at Costco. Use to be 1.99lb. Fuel is 3.95 a gallon in NV.
Here in Tampa Costco skinless chicken breasts are $2.69/organic $5.69.
Gas is $2.76.
I have noticed stores are out of oddly random shit.
I’ll never understand how things like gasoline nearly double but I bought two cases of Mobil1 for $28/case. Pretty much static over the years.

Living in Mexico it is common and I am accustomed to things not being available, also very randomly. As such I have learned to work around things.
As shitty as things can get in the USA, things like availability of foodstuffs is a far cry better than other countries.

It’s funny because it’s ridiculous.

It’s tantamount to saying that eventually all 6th grade teachers will soon have empty classes because all the students will move on to better things…like another phase in life. Life and our existence is dynamic. There are always people coming up to fill the place of others who move on.

The exception is if that group coming up can’t perform basic tasks because their upbringing was going from Minecraft to GTA5.
Never learned to communicate beyond “wazzup ruok m2”. Never taught to look in the eyes of those they are talking with. Worse of all, they had things given to them at their beck and call. Why not expect to start working at the $50k level that many of us worked 20+ years to achieve?

And I don’t blame parents individually. My sister is highly educated and very motivated. She raised her children as such but somehow my nephew became a half wigger that talks like he’s stoned whilst slouching around.
Where did he get this? Friends, rap culture, MTV type influences? I don’t know. I aske him what he aspires to do. His answer was be a contractor because he doesn’t want to work for anyone. I asked how he intends to get there? No plan. No classes. He works for a contractor who gathers his crew around 10am. Great mentor and biz model.
I gave him the harse truth that EVERYONE works for someone. Except maybe those folks on that frozen Alaska show.

The grocery store cashier thing is not accurate either. Some of those ARE careers. When I was at SDSU I knew girls who worked at grocery stores during university. When they graduated they had better jobs than they could get with their shiny new degrees.

I wonder if AOC’s job is vacant now that she moved up to better things?

im dealing with a co worker right now with this attitude. Dudes 5 foot 8 prolly 375lbs (not muscles lol) and has a degree in something totally unrelated to his current job or any job he could possibly get promoted to here. He knows everything, if you ask him. Every move made by his superiors is flawed and stupid in every facet. He’s been here about 2 years. First real job (besides Walmart overnight stock bitch) and he is complaining constantly that all these jobs he deserves to have and is interviewing for aren’t being handed to him.

I went from trying to give him advice and having some patience to totally ignoring him so I don’t choke him to death at work. I’ve put in almost 13 year with this company, with a related degree, and moved my way up from entry level, and forced myself to learn almost every process in 4 different labs so that I can be considered an asset to the company and he just got hired making the same wages as I make with way less credentials and it’s just not enough for him.

im happy where I am at and have no plans to move up so that I can contribute more to upper managements financial utopia while sacrificing my free / family time…… but it pains me to listen to these young, unproven, self proclaimed know it all cock suckers bitch endlessly about not being handed some imaginary badge of honor for merely breathing.

end rant

im dealing with a co worker right now with this attitude. Dudes 5 foot 8 prolly 375lbs (not muscles lol) and has a degree in something totally unrelated to his current job or any job he could possibly get promoted to here. He knows everything, if you ask him. Every move made by his superiors is flawed and stupid in every facet. He’s been here about 2 years. First real job (besides Walmart overnight stock bitch) and he is complaining constantly that all these jobs he deserves to have and is interviewing for aren’t being handed to him.

I went from trying to give him advice and having some patience to totally ignoring him so I don’t choke him to death at work. I’ve put in almost 13 year with this company, with a related degree, and moved my way up from entry level, and forced myself to learn almost every process in 4 different labs so that I can be considered an asset to the company and he just got hired making the same wages as I make with way less credentials and it’s just not enough for him.

im happy where I am at and have no plans to move up so that I can contribute more to upper managements financial utopia while sacrificing my free / family time…… but it pains me to listen to these young, unproven, self proclaimed know it all cock suckers bitch endlessly about not being handed some imaginary badge of honor for merely breathing.

end rant
You must have big hands to choke a walrus?
Did you ask him if he applied to “My 600lb Life”? Just tell him to get in early so in a short time when he hits that goal, he’ll still have a job.

Funny thing about degrees. I give this advice to anyone I know applying for a job…if they really want it. Only mention education if it is a requirement and only state the level of education required for a job. If you have a Masters and the requirement is a Bachelors…and the dude hiring you only has a B.S./B.A., it will cause problems, almost every time. Maybe because people with Masters seem to let you know within a few sentences of a conversation. You know, like a vegan or a Texan.

When I applied for a cop job in 2019 I put “some college” on the application and requested only transcripts from the university I attained Junior status at. Sure enough, guys with degrees in that job loved to tell everyone how smart and educated they were. I watched the scoffs and eye rolling.
It was bad enough that I disclosed my service and weapons experience because all the non-vets, which was 95% of the cops, did everything they could to humiliate me or just lean me toward failure.
I got shit canned after 5 months. Too bad because if was a few months later I could have sucked on that sweat, overblown unemployment tit for the last year and a half.

You must have big hands to choke a walrus?
Did you ask him if he applied to “My 600lb Life”? Just tell him to get in early so in a short time when he hits that goal, he’ll still have a job.

Funny thing about degrees. I give this advice to anyone I know applying for a job…if they really want it. Only mention education if it is a requirement and only state the level of education required for a job. If you have a Masters and the requirement is a Bachelors…and the dude hiring you only has a B.S./B.A., it will cause problems, almost every time. Maybe because people with Masters seem to let you know within a few sentences of a conversation. You know, like a vegan or a Texan.

When I applied for a cop job in 2019 I put “some college” on the application and requested only transcripts from the university I attained Junior status at. Sure enough, guys with degrees in that job loved to tell everyone how smart and educated they were. I watched the scoffs and eye rolling.
It was bad enough that I disclosed my service and weapons experience because all the non-vets, which was 95% of the cops, did everything they could to humiliate me or just lean me toward failure.
I got shit canned after 5 months. Too bad because if was a few months later I could have sucked on that sweat, overblown unemployment tit for the last year and a half.

I am truly sorry that happened to you. That's bullshit.... Was that in the U.S.
Degrees are touted about like a "gotch ya bitch" type thingy...lol
I see it in nursing. You can just tell some of them especially the female nurses like to rub it in like it makes them a goddess or something. Let me tell you I have not been impressed. I have corrected instructors most will let you get by with it once or twice but very few of them (had 2 so far) actually thank you. In those cases it is the 30 year career nurses that are out of the loop on some new tech or procedure.
The ones that get pissed are the ones ole' cowboy has to wary of.... if ya know what I mean...

I am truly sorry that happened to you. That's bullshit.... Was that in the U.S.
Degrees are touted about like a "gotch ya bitch" type thingy...lol
I see it in nursing. You can just tell some of them especially the female nurses like to rub it in like it makes them a goddess or something. Let me tell you I have not been impressed. I have corrected instructors most will let you get by with it once or twice but very few of them (had 2 so far) actually thank you. In those cases it is the 30 year career nurses that are out of the loop on some new tech or procedure.
The ones that get pissed are the ones ole' cowboy has to wary of.... if ya know what I mean...
Yeah dude, I didn’t GAF. Those dudes were so sour. Out of 180 people in the jail, I figured I would enjoy working with about 10 of them.
I never quit anything in my life so it was fucking with my head becauseevery day I wanted to quit but showed up and put in 100%. The cunts looking to fire me were not finding chinks in my armor as I passed every evolution. Defensive tactics, range, kill house, everything. They tried to get me into fights with known unruly inmates however all but two complied with my commands. They hated I could talk to anyone, connect and mitigate problems. My FTOs liked it. The weak as others didn’t.
But lemonade out of lemons and shit…I got paid for two weeks of MMA, shot about 5,000 rounds through a G17, which I wasn’t familiar with before, got to play Simunitions again, one month near Seattle in an academy, stuff like that.
In the end I think they just wanted to be able to say “EOE” by hiring a 55yo dude.
They never actually fired me rather “decided to end my probationary employment” because “you’re not a good fit”. No kidding. Went straight home, told wife and she started celebrating by planning our move back to Cabo.

But more related to the chat in this thread, I got the job because I wanted it and showed to be a good prospect. 300 applicants for 19 positions but only 3 of us got hired. What does that tell you about the hiring pool?

I actually noticed this today I had to go out to be in the field for an inspection and i stopped by race trac they were out of a lot of the Gatorade’s, power aids and biolytes. I thought it was just because it’s been getting hot again recently.

It's not just food. Store shelves are empty in lots of other types of stores as well. The supply chain has suffered a pretty massive disruption.

Get Shredded!
Filled my Jeep fuel tank today. $100 and some change =(

My ram 2500 cuts off at 100.00 and then I have to slide the card again. This sux.
I fully expected the pump to stop at $100 but nope. I'm guessing its very common that people spend over $100 now.

I have to fill up every 6.5 days.

It’s stupid how even though these cutoffs were set when gas was under $2, when gas has nearly doubled in some places, they don’t adjust the pump settings.
Like the $10k import/export number for cash. I think that was set during Reagan?

It’s stupid how even though these cutoffs were set when gas was under $2, when gas has nearly doubled in some places, they don’t adjust the pump settings.
Like the $10k import/export number for cash. I think that was set during Reagan?

I thought it was $5K set during the Reagan admin for the failed War On Drugs......?

Hate to be a prick but I am looking forward to a cold winter for the northern liberal tribes as we find ourselves needing more oil and natural gas that is no longer in high supply! This twat is going to make too many dependent on his clan to save them!

I thought it was $5K set during the Reagan admin for the failed War On Drugs......?

Yes, has been $5K for a long time. Try depositing a $25K check. It's "fun". And shady as fuck. Can someone explain to me why a bank would deposit chunks of that check over a 3-5 day period? I mean, if it cleared the original bank, why doesn't the whole deposit show up? Are banks that strapped for cash that they have to trickle a big deposit into your account?

I don't think there is an issue with depositing large checks. I have done it plenty of times. The only wait is to verify the check source which in my experience has always been 24 hours.
Now I have perceived being treated like a criminal when I want to take out more than 5k especially in cash or even if I cash a check larger than 5k at a bank that I have done business with for 20+ years. They want your ID and you have to sign but they give you the money. I guess that shit goes into some kind of gov record.
Yes, has been $5K for a long time. Try depositing a $25K check. It's "fun". And shady as fuck. Can someone explain to me why a bank would deposit chunks of that check over a 3-5 day period? I mean, if it cleared the original bank, why doesn't the whole deposit show up? Are banks that strapped for cash that they have to trickle a big deposit into your account?

Years ago our bank had a policy that they would credit your account for a portion of the check BEFORE it cleared but once it cleared you could access the full amount. Not sure if you are posting about the same thing though.

So how much cash can I deposit without a stink? Looks like I need to start putting cash in.

Back