• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Anybody else noticing a food shortage starting?

IML Gear Cream!
Years ago our bank had a policy that they would credit your account for a portion of the check BEFORE it cleared but once it cleared you could access the full amount. Not sure if you are posting about the same thing though.

I'm talking some random portions of the whole deposit. Like 3562.17 and then 6819.33, etc, etc. They'll do this over a few days until the whole amount is deposited. To add to the general confusion, they will make the first portion "immediately available". And then at the end, they will back out all these smaller deposits and show it as one big deposit for the full amount. If you were in the middle of trying to balance your account, it would be a complete nightmare. They've never shorted me, but it looks like a complete shit show on the balance report. They also will call to let me know that this is going on and this is "how we do it". I asked one of them one time why it was that way, and all she could say was "that's just how we do it." No explanation as to the real reason why.

$10k is the number. Anything over that must be declared to customs. This number is the same in many countries but states “the equivalent of $10k USD”.
As far as banking, you can deposit $9999 but at $10k or over,there is a special form or note the bank must make. I have deposited much more than $10k years ago and never cared because I could back up the aquisition of the funds.

$10k is the number. Anything over that must be declared to customs. This number is the same in many countries but states “the equivalent of $10k USD”.
As far as banking, you can deposit $9999 but at $10k or over,there is a special form or note the bank must make. I have deposited much more than $10k years ago and never cared because I could back up the aquisition of the funds.

Here's a nice copy/paste:

Are Banks Required to Report Large Deposits?
When a cash deposit of $10,000 or more is made, the bank or financial institution is required to file a form reporting this. This form reports any transaction or series of related transactions in which the total sum is $10,000 or more. So, two related cash deposits of $5,000 or more also have to be reported.

Related transactions are defined in two ways:

Two or more related payments within 24 hours, or
Two or more related transactions within 12 months

Aaaaaannnnd...

The IRS typically shares suspicious deposit or withdrawal activity with local and state authorities, he says. "Suspicious activity in excess of $5,000 detected by the bank or an institution is also required to be reported," Castaneda says.

Tyson near me is offering 6000 sign on bonus. No one wants to work anymore.

What if I were to buy gold? Will I have to explain how I bought 50k in gold at some point to sell it some day?

Get Shredded!
1 oz So African Gold Krugerrand. They go for about 1800 to 1900 a coin. I recently had a few appraised along with some other coins. Gold and Silver always good bets.

akrugerrand.jpg.pagespeed.ic.uEGcCGeQ-p.webp

I get the hesitance. I would call it shrewd over shady but yeah, I see your point. Although, if you aren't doing anything illegal, fuckem, lol.
It is strange any time you take out or put in large amounts its like they make you feel like you got cameras closely watching your every mannerism and people think you are up to something suspect.
Lol kinda sounds shady asking these questions doesn't it?

Last edited:
Actually, if you can get your hands on 76 or other 70s version of the Krugerrands, those are valued at 200 to 300 more than current years and expected to maintain or increase that gap in value to more current coins in the future.

By my calculations, we are about two weeks away from major riots. At least, that is when my on hand supply of coffee will run out if walmart doesn't get their shit together. Seriously though...if we run out of coffee, there *will* be some shit that happens.

By my calculations, we are about two weeks away from major riots. At least, that is when my on hand supply of coffee will run out if walmart doesn't get their shit together. Seriously though...if we run out of coffee, there *will* be some shit that happens.

2 super markets and a walmart have signs posted on front door sayin due to food shortage buy only what is needed ....

I went to buy ground coffee I could only buy one can...fuck that. And next thing I know only the 12 packs of soda were available at the market.

Went to my fav Mexican Cantina tonight and they said they had to raise prices to stay afloat. Bill was roughly 10% more than any other time we have gone there. They said staff shortages were bad right now too.

Went to my fav Mexican Cantina tonight and they said they had to raise prices to stay afloat. Bill was roughly 10% more than any other time we have gone there. They said staff shortages were bad right now too.

Burger king has shut the doors here. No employees.

IML Gear Cream!
Man, I can’t wait to get home next month. Same games just way less of them. When we get shortages it’s because of real crisis. When eggs were dear, it as because they killed something like 30 million birds because of Newcastle. Mexico is the largest consumer of eggs in the world, so I am told.
Gas is never out because Mexico is the #8 producer of petroleum in the world and they feed their pumps first. Most I’ve seen gas prices fluctuate in 9 years is maybe .50 usd.
When things are scarce, they are actually scarce. They don’t make up shit like “due to COVID” or “coin shortage”.

I don’t mention this because Mexico is a better country, but to illustrate a couple of things.
The government is corrupt. No one disputes that. But the corruption is so much more understood by the citizenry that they have learned to accept it. Very few protest but everyone complains.
The government is a bit oppressive, but they don’t fuck with you on the most minute level like the USA does. Think Game Wardens, cops ticketing “failure to signal lane change” or more ludicously “signalling too early”.

Think of how much we are fucked with in America. It seems every aspect of our lives are regulated and it’s STILL not enough. Lawmakers are tightening the noose daily.
Americans love to talk about the right to bear arms. We have that in Mexico too. In fact Mexico is one of three countries in the world where the right to bear arms is IN the constitution. Sure, it’s restricted and they make it a hassle to buy one but it can be done. In fact, I am going to make it a point to go buy one next year.

For some reason, some people in America rally to LOSE rights every day. “There should be a law…” “They should make _____ illegal…”

People talk about revolution and others scoff but I guess the latter forget how there came to be a United States of America.
The thing I always hear is “That was 200 years ago”. Guess what Yankee, 200 years is pretty recent history.

I was in Sweden doing a thing and their military guys showed me weapons casually pointed at Denmark. I asked why? “Those fuckers attacked us 400 years ago. We don’t forget.”

When I lived in Scotland a girl I dated lived at a school, in a castle/home that was built 100 years before Cristopher Columbus was born! Think about that.

All these threads about revolution aren’t just crazy talk. Maybe a bit of bravado but not altogether impossible.

Back