• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Anybody else noticing a food shortage starting?

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks. This story fit the actual shortages we ARE seeing so well, it was easily believable. Still can't find my taco bell fire sauce locally. We went from one stop for groceries to a minimum two stops. And we still typically can't find at least one or two items and they stay on the list until next time. It's almost like "rolling blackout" type shortages.

I know you said prices hadn't really gone up where you're at, but meat prices have skyrocketed. I stopped off to pick up some thawed ground beef the other night and it was over $16 for a "heavy" two pound package...actual cost was just shy of $7 a pound. And it was 80/20. My brain immediately went into old man rant mode and "I used to by T Bones for less than this!!!" Egg whites are up exactly $1 from a year ago where I'm at. There's definitely some fuckery going on.

I steal handfuls of this shit whenever I get a chance. My supplies getting low but next time I go in taco hell I’ll be sure to get you some.

Attachments

• DA3D50B9-1008-41D7-BFB8-AC4224EEE4EF.jpeg
    DA3D50B9-1008-41D7-BFB8-AC4224EEE4EF.jpeg
    417.9 KB · Views: 45
I steal handfuls of this shit whenever I get a chance. My supplies getting low but next time I go in taco hell I’ll be sure to get you some.
That one is pretty good. The “Diablo” which is I suppose mas picoso, tastes terrible.

I have noticed whey, especially isolate, is out for many of the brands I buy. I went to buy some stuff from Gaspari and every product I wanted was out.

This too! I went from $80 for 10 pounds to $55 for 5 pounds. Companies are dropping the big bags at discount. The 5 pounders went from low $40's to mid 50's. I'm now on my 3rd brand because I can't get my preferred brand/flavor, backup choice, or my backup backup choice. Pathetic.

The wife's 2 pound isolate went from low $30's a year ago to $47 this last order. And I *am* bargain shopping. Again, fuckery is happening.

I didn’t watch the video but farmers DO destroy crops, pour milk down the drain, etc. to recieve “subsidies”, which really are just incentives to be non-productive. This is one way the market is controlled by the government.

I personally know a guy who bought a 40 acre pear farm on the Sacramento Delta just because he wanted a house with no neighbors. He got an agriculture loan from Uncle Sam thathe never intended to pay back as it doesn’t require repayment until he sells the farm.
Along with water rights, which are a big deal in Kalifornia, he got something like $100k a year if the farm failed.
He let the fruit rot on the tree and fall but soon the place was a disgusting mess of flies and stench.
He hired a bunch of farm hands and to his dismay, started grooming and caring for his trees. Next thing he knows, he is one of the biggest single farmer producers of Bosc pears. He had a contract with DelMonte to take all he could produce.
When he died in around 2005, his farm hands had made enough money to buy their own farm. The American Dream realized for these immigrants.

I have noticed whey, especially isolate, is out for many of the brands I buy. I went to buy some stuff from Gaspari and every product I wanted was out.

The biggest thing I have noticed on my recent travels across the states is the lack of servers, cooks and such at restaurants. Four out of five fast food places we stopped at on the road were “drive thru only”.

Life in the USA is definitely not normal or better than the past.

People got tired of being treated like garbage and working for unlivable wages is the service industry. I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to work in most restaurants. They work in shit conditions for poverty wages. Ive noticed most places having to raise their wages and give incentives as well as improve working conditions. Most of these people felt forced to stay in these jobs until they couldn’t abd then they found out they could do better things and had options. I’d say as far as that goes it’s an improvement. I don’t care about traditional or normal

These people in shit jobs did indeed find better things. It’s called unemployment with a huge kicker. As I understand it, that has or is about to run out. We shall see what happens when it does.

If someone doesn’t like their job, there is the freedom to find a new vocation. My experience is that people “trapped” in shit jobs only stay there because it requires effort to get a better job. Either through education, increasing one’s employability or learning to keep your phone in the car while at work and make complete sentences without talking to your feet.

But complaining about “the man” and everyone else without accepting responsibility for one’s own path is way easier.

I had one of those Gunney R. Lee Ermey action figures. When you pushed the button he said “You are the asshole in charge of your own destiny!”

Just my .02. Extra unemployment and the eviction moratorium ended to force people to go back to work because of the Vax mandate. Can't force people to get the Vax while they're at home.

People got tired of being treated like garbage and working for unlivable wages is the service industry. I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to work in most restaurants. They work in shit conditions for poverty wages. Ive noticed most places having to raise their wages and give incentives as well as improve working conditions. Most of these people felt forced to stay in these jobs until they couldn’t abd then they found out they could do better things and had options. I’d say as far as that goes it’s an improvement. I don’t care about traditional or normal

Non skilled workers will get paid what the market will bear.

If companies have to pay more, expect to see this cost passed on to those purchasing the goods/services.

If ppl won't pay the extra cost for said goods/services, the business fails. And the employee loses his/her job.

The employer loses his life savings...the employee simply moves along to another unskilled job.

That seem about right? That seem fair?

With all the risk goes all the reward.

An unskilled worker has every right to find work at fair wages and in good working conditions. But far easier to find these things when you take the time to improve your resume.

I mean, just how much can a person expect out of a "bus boy" position at his/her local restaurant. Let's be real.

If companies have to pay more, expect to see this cost passed on to those purchasing the goods/services.

If ppl won't pay the extra cost for said goods/services, the business fails. And the employee loses his/her job.

The employer loses his life savings...the employee simply moves along to another unskilled job.

An unskilled worker has every right to find work at fair wages and in good working conditions. But far easier to find these things when you take the time to improve your resume.

I mean, just how much can a person expect out of a "bus boy" position at his/her local restaurant. Let's be real.
theres no such thing as fair and unfair. I’d say customer service, cooking, managing, etc is a skill. The market will dictate if a business thrives or goes under. With people complaining about not being able to eat fast food or at restaurants I’d say these workers are more essential than we give them credit for. Who’s to say what a career is and isn’t. If you’ve got a good employee and you want to keep them you pay them. If you can’t afford to keep them then they move on to better opportunities within their chosen field. I’m being very real. As far as a busboy position or dish washer position try and run a restaurant without them. Without employees a business will not work. Now people are realizing the power is in the hands of the workers. If you can’t afford to pay them a livable wage then someone else will.

This is really getting retarded. They seem to think prices won't rise. We're coming off of killing small businesses. Now they have to pay for covid tests weekly. Now they want 20.00hr and think prices won't go up. Yeah because things have been so great they'll just eat the cost. Wtf

Get Shredded!
This is really getting retarded. They seem to think prices won't rise. We're coming off of killing small businesses. Now they have to pay for covid tests weekly. Now they want 20.00hr and think prices won't go up. Yeah because things have been so great they'll just eat the cost. Wtf
Yes restaurants and retailers WILL raise prices and reduce staff. Automation is also on the rise as well, where in many restaurants people will place their orders using a tablet as they will have few servers.

theres no such thing as fair and unfair. I’d say customer service, cooking, managing, etc is a skill. The market will dictate if a business thrives or goes under. With people complaining about not being able to eat fast food or at restaurants I’d say these workers are more essential than we give them credit for. Who’s to say what a career is and isn’t. If you’ve got a good employee and you want to keep them you pay them. If you can’t afford to keep them then they move on to better opportunities within their chosen field. I’m being very real. As far as a busboy position or dish washer position try and run a restaurant without them. Without employees a business will not work. Now people are realizing the power is in the hands of the workers. If you can’t afford to pay them a livable wage then someone else will.

I am guessing you never owned or ran a business.

Not trying to be disrespectful bro, but you seem to only be looking at it from the "worker" side of things.

Being a bus boy isn't a career.

I know you are smart enough to distinguish a skilled and unskilled worker. Someone who went to school and got a license to work at a job compared to someone who did on the job training for two days.

There's a big difference and the pay is a big difference too.

And not saying unskilled workers aren't needed or shouldn't be treated fairly. But there is a limit to what one can expect to make per year when you work as a bus boy.

sniff, sniff....smells like union talk ;)

Attachments

• k4XDcsaGye5jcrvHWBO2j8euTXTvJp1LwdHaWXAna9g.png
    k4XDcsaGye5jcrvHWBO2j8euTXTvJp1LwdHaWXAna9g.png
    387.8 KB · Views: 29
From a practical perspective having food, water and supplies on hand just plain makes sense.

Imagine you get Covid and you are quarantined for weeks. No problem because you have secured 15 days worth of everything already. Maybe its a storm or power outage. I can think of a dozen reasons to have extra supplies on hand.

If you haven't already go stock up on extras.

I work for a place that manufactures candy and other foods . We have really felt the effects since covid started in the weirdest of things and really haven’t been given an answer as to why but think that it just comes back to people not working . Now could be people getting unemployment and not wanting to work or people sick and not able to work or quarantined. There was a while that we couldn’t get sweet condensed milk for some reason and also could not get chocolate for a while . We also could not find latex gloves and have a problem getting out packing materials like cardboard boxes to put the product in because apparently the companies we use have trouble finding and keeping employees. Last year the company was down In business but worked the employees like crazy with limited numbers because we couldn’t get our people back to work with all of the free money they were getting .once everyone gets back to work than stuff should get back to normal

After living without power for 3 1/2 months in 2004 and seeing empty grocery stores for weeks on end, it was the last straw for me and I became a prepper. We had to travel a 3 hour round trip to go grocery shopping and did it on a motorcycle to save gas. Don't really care to have to do that again. Pending food shortage or not, I'm now prepared for just about anything. I figure I've got enough supplies to last at least a few months. And that's just what's stored. Much longer if I supplement it with what I can hunt, trap, and grow.

After living without power for 3 1/2 months in 2004 and seeing empty grocery stores for weeks on end, it was the last straw for me and I became a prepper. We had to travel a 3 hour round trip to go grocery shopping and did it on a motorcycle to save gas. Don't really care to have to do that again. Pending food shortage or not, I'm now prepared for just about anything. I figure I've got enough supplies to last at least a few months. And that's just what's stored. Much longer if I supplement it with what I can hunt, trap, and grow.

Don't forget to rotate. It's a pain but gotta do what ya gotta do.

2004 grocery stores be like.....

iu

It’s funny cause it’s true

Attachments

• BF8774C3-3C44-450D-8117-01648DF6ECB5.jpeg
    BF8774C3-3C44-450D-8117-01648DF6ECB5.jpeg
    381.3 KB · Views: 47
IML Gear Cream!
Don't forget to rotate. It's a pain but gotta do what ya gotta do.
Just rotated a few weeks ago after not doing it for a while and damn most my goods were expired. $700 to replace the expired goods.

Just rotated a few weeks ago after not doing it for a while and damn most my goods were expired. $700 to replace the expired goods.

Yeah that'd the crappy part. We have a big pantry and it's a pain.

Yeah that'd the crappy part. We have a big pantry and it's a pain.
I figure we can always donate the food so at least someone benefits but I need to get it on a schedule.

Yeah, that’s pretty funny.

Only idk how true.

Those ppl got paid more to sit home and not work then what they could get working.

But that was for a lot of jobs.

600 bucks a week plus their benefits?!? Like 800 to chill at home.

It was knocked down to 300 plus benefits but it was still a good deal.

I guess we will find out soon once the money runs out.

Only idk how true.

Those ppl got paid more to sit home and not work then what they could get working.

It was 1000.00 a week here.

Only idk how true.

Here in ga it was 600 extra a week plus almost 400 unemployment so we can call 50k a year for not working.and median household income in this county is 40k .

it’s funny cuz you actually believe that. If career welfare recipients and basement dwellers had to do community service to receive benefits…. Well we would have enough population to support all those businesses with help wanted signs in their windows.

It’s funny because it’s ridiculous.

It’s tantamount to saying that eventually all 6th grade teachers will soon have empty classes because all the students will move on to better things…like another phase in life. Life and our existence is dynamic. There are always people coming up to fill the place of others who move on.

The exception is if that group coming up can’t perform basic tasks because their upbringing was going from Minecraft to GTA5.
Never learned to communicate beyond “wazzup ruok m2”. Never taught to look in the eyes of those they are talking with. Worse of all, they had things given to them at their beck and call. Why not expect to start working at the $50k level that many of us worked 20+ years to achieve?

And I don’t blame parents individually. My sister is highly educated and very motivated. She raised her children as such but somehow my nephew became a half wigger that talks like he’s stoned whilst slouching around.
Where did he get this? Friends, rap culture, MTV type influences? I don’t know. I aske him what he aspires to do. His answer was be a contractor because he doesn’t want to work for anyone. I asked how he intends to get there? No plan. No classes. He works for a contractor who gathers his crew around 10am. Great mentor and biz model.
I gave him the harse truth that EVERYONE works for someone. Except maybe those folks on that frozen Alaska show.

The grocery store cashier thing is not accurate either. Some of those ARE careers. When I was at SDSU I knew girls who worked at grocery stores during university. When they graduated they had better jobs than they could get with their shiny new degrees.

I wonder if AOC’s job is vacant now that she moved up to better things?

Only idk how true.

It’s not true for everyone but there are a lot of people who chose to go a different and more successful route after being forced out of work by the shut downs. It’s only anecdotal but I know a few people who felt stuck in the service industry for different reasons who started doing Lyft, Uber, Door dash etc and they’re working with the same effort and drive they had in restaurants and they’re either saving to start their own businesses or have already started them. For a lot of people it was the push they needed. Some of the people I know went on to take management positions that were open at bars or restaurants because they had open positions from people who didn’t want to go back. A lot places had to improve working conditions. I’m all for the free market and I can’t stand corporate welfare. A lot of people seemed to forget that the workers are the backbone of any business. I don’t even support a mandatory minimum wage I support collective bargaining and a contract between the employer and the employee. I think the government should stay out of most things. What we are seeing now with fast food wage increases is a product of the market. Worker supply and demand. If people choose to work for $2 an hour that’s between them and the employer. If they refuse to work for less than 15 thats the same thing. I’m very lucky that with my job I can honestly say I get paid more than I should and my wife runs a successful business but I don’t look down on anyone. Wages for most jobs haven’t kept up with the market. I see a lot of fat fucks complain because their local McDonald’s isn’t open. These people don’t care about people they care about cheap convenience. I will pay more so people can make a livable wage. I’m also the guy who usually tips 50-100%

it’s funny cuz you actually believe that. If career welfare recipients and basement dwellers had to do community service to receive benefits…. Well we would have enough population to support all those businesses with help wanted signs in their windows.
do you ever actually add anything other made up scenarios, blanket statements and shallow talking points? Is it not true what I posted? A lot of the responses here are proof of the post which if you’re aware of the guy who made would know it’s partially a joke. Look up Vermin Supreme. He said if he became president he would give everyone free ponies.

Back