Anybody else noticing a food shortage starting?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,743 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by NY_Angie View Post
    The only place that I can really go to shop is Trader Joes. Before, I could stock my fridge for me and the dog for $100 now I dont know if its because I'm on Keto but my last bill at TJ's was $195 and I dont feel like I bought anything more of different than what I usually do, maybe a extra pork loin for the dog ( please he's so friggen picky ) but Jesus H its costing me and extra $150 every pay period for food.
    I spend like $500 a month on food for myself, at BJs TJ,s and a local supermarket...
    Show me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
    I spend like $500 a month on food for myself, at BJs TJ,s and a local supermarket...
    Yeah that's about close to what I'm spending. Unfortunately, where I am I dont have a costco, BJ's or Sam's club and every other supermarket is insanely expensive. I'm headed out of town for a few days and I'll be able to get to a Sam's Club and Wegmans's in PA

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,104 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by XOTG85 View Post

There has not been shortage in my specific area since last Marchish when we all exprericenced the tyrannical lockdown of healthy people. I do live in the highly populated DFW metroplex and we have Costcos and Sams on every side of town add to that Krogers, Tom Thumb, and Albertsons on every street corner in between. If we do experience a food shortage, make no mistake it will be 100% planned and executed and not by some mishap or perfect storm of BS
    Last edited by HFO3; 09-12-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Fucking Legend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,155 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    There has not been shortage in my specific area since last Marchish when we all exprericenced the tyrannical lockdown of healthy people. I do live in the highly populated DFW metroplex and we have Costcos and Sams on every side of town add to that Krogers, Tom Thumb, and Albertsons on every street corner in between. If we do experience a food shortage, make no mistake it will be 100% planned and executed and not by some mishap or perfect storm of BS
    No HEB? I love that store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine5I View Post
    Debunked or not, itís a supply and demand issue.

You have to be living under a rock or a liar not to see your grocery bills on the rise.

I donít see signage for limitations but cost is way up.

I even changed grocery stores bc prices are ridiculous.

Still can get what I want, but costing more for sure.

And I live in the tristate area. Not some shit hick town.

Every time I go shopping itís like 200 plus and I am just two person household for the most part.
    im not living under a rock and no my grocery prices arenít sky rocketing. Pasturized eggwhites, oatmeal, etc has cost me the same price for the past couple of years. I donít live in a hick town either. I see my grocery bill because I buy the food and have it delivered. Fast food prices have gone up a little but not what I buy from the store.
    Iím not denying supply and demand but the video is debunked. The government is creating some food shortage. Thatís literally insane.
    What is rumble anyway? Iíve seen a couple videos posted from there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
    Not including 2lbs of protein a week and supplements my household which is my wife, daughter and me is around 1k a month. $250 a week isnít that bad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by XOTG85 View Post
    Keep on believing google and you'll be just fine.
    😂 keep believing quack bullshit and youíll go insane. Google is a search engine you can fact check things. So what youíre saying is all things I read that debunked negatives things about Trump and weíre critical of Biden I should dismiss? I can pull up this video through searching google is that enough to dismiss it? Get back to being a middle man pusher and spend less time on crack pot conspiracies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,743 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bft84 View Post
    Not including 2lbs of protein a week and supplements my household which is my wife, daughter and me is around 1k a month. $250 a week isnít that bad
    That's about right for a family of 3.
    Show me

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,104 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunz View Post
    No HEB? I love that store.

Yes indeed, we have HEB and Central Market too. I love Central Market, they have a full blown 4 star cuisine restaurant deli attached

https://centralmarket.com/locations-southlake/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Rep Points

Rice , beans ,potatoes, onions, carrots are all insanely cheap . Anyone that can rub two brain cells together would never starve in the US.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,241 Posts
    Rep Points

I have no idea if the video is real or not nor can I comment on the crops. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the government has been and continues to pay farmers in certain areas to get rid of their beef cattle however they see fit and they are also paying certain farmers NOT to produce hay to feed the cattle. Not sure why that is other than them dictating where and who supplies the beef.

This video has been debunked

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,156 Posts
    Rep Points

Oh you got me. Better believe every conspiracy theory out there. You guys still believe in the fema death camps too huh? Sandy hook was a hoax right? I know you guys donít like anything that goes against your narrative but here you go.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sta...amp/8264338002
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSL2N2L31K5
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/ohionew.../246212/%3famp
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/go...destroy-crops/
    Thanks. This story fit the actual shortages we ARE seeing so well, it was easily believable. Still can't find my taco bell fire sauce locally. We went from one stop for groceries to a minimum two stops. And we still typically can't find at least one or two items and they stay on the list until next time. It's almost like "rolling blackout" type shortages.

I know you said prices hadn't really gone up where you're at, but meat prices have skyrocketed. I stopped off to pick up some thawed ground beef the other night and it was over $16 for a "heavy" two pound package...actual cost was just shy of $7 a pound. And it was 80/20. My brain immediately went into old man rant mode and "I used to by T Bones for less than this!!!" Egg whites are up exactly $1 from a year ago where I'm at. There's definitely some fuckery going on.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,057 Posts
    Rep Points

We have all kinds of shortages here and of course inflation is as clear as day

Regardless of what the video says, only a fool would deny inflation

Only a fool would listen to the Biden admin say, well if you take beef, chicken, fish and a few other types of foods out of the equation then the inflation is on par with historical elevations

LMAO what fucking fools to even consider that statement!!!

BTW my buddy in NY sent me photos, hes paying 4.88 a gallon of gas. Im paying close to $4

Compared to low $2's just in Jan when Trump was in Office. But you libz keep thinking this crap is "coincidental".
    Last edited by GYMnTONIC; 09-13-2021 at 05:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,507 Posts
    Rep Points

I didnít watch the video but farmers DO destroy crops, pour milk down the drain, etc. to recieve ďsubsidiesĒ, which really are just incentives to be non-productive. This is one way the market is controlled by the government.

I personally know a guy who bought a 40 acre pear farm on the Sacramento Delta just because he wanted a house with no neighbors. He got an agriculture loan from Uncle Sam thathe never intended to pay back as it doesnít require repayment until he sells the farm.
    Along with water rights, which are a big deal in Kalifornia, he got something like $100k a year if the farm failed.
    He let the fruit rot on the tree and fall but soon the place was a disgusting mess of flies and stench.
    He hired a bunch of farm hands and to his dismay, started grooming and caring for his trees. Next thing he knows, he is one of the biggest single farmer producers of Bosc pears. He had a contract with DelMonte to take all he could produce.
    When he died in around 2005, his farm hands had made enough money to buy their own farm. The American Dream realized for these immigrants.

I have noticed whey, especially isolate, is out for many of the brands I buy. I went to buy some stuff from Gaspari and every product I wanted was out.

The biggest thing I have noticed on my recent travels across the states is the lack of servers, cooks and such at restaurants. Four out of five fast food places we stopped at on the road were ďdrive thru onlyĒ.

Life in the USA is definitely not normal or better than the past.
    Last edited by CoachCabo; 09-13-2021 at 05:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,507 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GYMnTONIC View Post
    We have all kinds of shortages here and of course inflation is as clear as day

Regardless of what the video says, only a fool would deny inflation

Only a fool would listen to the Biden admin say, well if you take beef, chicken, fish and a few other types of foods out of the equation then the inflation is on par with historical elevations

LMAO what fucking fools to even consider that statement!!!

BTW my buddy in NY sent me photos, hes paying 4.88 a gallon of gas. Im paying close to $4

Compared to low $2's just in Jan when Trump was in Office. But you libz keep thinking this crap is "coincidental".
    LOL!

This reminds me of a Navy PAO telling our battalion that ďIf you discount the populated areas along both coasts, the military has a 70% approval rating.Ē
    I laughed out loud when she said that and just about all 400 sailors looked over at me laughing in a otherwise silent ballroom. No one else seemed to get it.