Anybody else noticing a food shortage starting?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Super duper mod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts
    Rep Points

I work for a place that manufactures candy and other foods . We have really felt the effects since covid started in the weirdest of things and really havenít been given an answer as to why but think that it just comes back to people not working . Now could be people getting unemployment and not wanting to work or people sick and not able to work or quarantined. There was a while that we couldnít get sweet condensed milk for some reason and also could not get chocolate for a while . We also could not find latex gloves and have a problem getting out packing materials like cardboard boxes to put the product in because apparently the companies we use have trouble finding and keeping employees. Last year the company was down In business but worked the employees like crazy with limited numbers because we couldnít get our people back to work with all of the free money they were getting .once everyone gets back to work than stuff should get back to normal
    Advanced 2.0 the pip hits like a hammer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Rep Points

After living without power for 3 1/2 months in 2004 and seeing empty grocery stores for weeks on end, it was the last straw for me and I became a prepper. We had to travel a 3 hour round trip to go grocery shopping and did it on a motorcycle to save gas. Don't really care to have to do that again. Pending food shortage or not, I'm now prepared for just about anything. I figure I've got enough supplies to last at least a few months. And that's just what's stored. Much longer if I supplement it with what I can hunt, trap, and grow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,563 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_99 View Post
    After living without power for 3 1/2 months in 2004 and seeing empty grocery stores for weeks on end, it was the last straw for me and I became a prepper. We had to travel a 3 hour round trip to go grocery shopping and did it on a motorcycle to save gas. Don't really care to have to do that again. Pending food shortage or not, I'm now prepared for just about anything. I figure I've got enough supplies to last at least a few months. And that's just what's stored. Much longer if I supplement it with what I can hunt, trap, and grow.
    Don't forget to rotate. It's a pain but gotta do what ya gotta do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Rep Points

2004 grocery stores be like.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    480 Posts
    Rep Points

Itís funny cause itís true
    Attached Images Attached Images

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,170 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime916 View Post
    Don't forget to rotate. It's a pain but gotta do what ya gotta do.
    Just rotated a few weeks ago after not doing it for a while and damn most my goods were expired. $700 to replace the expired goods.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,563 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Just rotated a few weeks ago after not doing it for a while and damn most my goods were expired. $700 to replace the expired goods.
    Yeah that'd the crappy part. We have a big pantry and it's a pain.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,170 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime916 View Post
    Yeah that'd the crappy part. We have a big pantry and it's a pain.
    I figure we can always donate the food so at least someone benefits but I need to get it on a schedule.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,976 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bft84 View Post
    Yeah, thatís pretty funny.

Only idk how true.

Those ppl got paid more to sit home and not work then what they could get working.

But that was for a lot of jobs.

600 bucks a week plus their benefits?!? Like 800 to chill at home.

It was knocked down to 300 plus benefits but it was still a good deal.

I guess we will find out soon once the money runs out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,563 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine5I View Post

Only idk how true.

Those ppl got paid more to sit home and not work then what they could get working.

It was 1000.00 a week here.

Super duper mod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts
    Rep Points

Only idk how true.

Here in ga it was 600 extra a week plus almost 400 unemployment so we can call 50k a year for not working.and median household income in this county is 40k .
    Advanced 2.0 the pip hits like a hammer

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,503 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bft84 View Post
    itís funny cuz you actually believe that. If career welfare recipients and basement dwellers had to do community service to receive benefitsÖ. Well we would have enough population to support all those businesses with help wanted signs in their windows.
    ďTape on a dick you twat waffleĒ - IronRage & Dale C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,466 Posts
    Rep Points

Itís funny because itís ridiculous.

Itís tantamount to saying that eventually all 6th grade teachers will soon have empty classes because all the students will move on to better thingsÖlike another phase in life. Life and our existence is dynamic. There are always people coming up to fill the place of others who move on.

The exception is if that group coming up canít perform basic tasks because their upbringing was going from Minecraft to GTA5.
    Never learned to communicate beyond ďwazzup ruok m2Ē. Never taught to look in the eyes of those they are talking with. Worse of all, they had things given to them at their beck and call. Why not expect to start working at the $50k level that many of us worked 20+ years to achieve?

And I donít blame parents individually. My sister is highly educated and very motivated. She raised her children as such but somehow my nephew became a half wigger that talks like heís stoned whilst slouching around.
    Where did he get this? Friends, rap culture, MTV type influences? I donít know. I aske him what he aspires to do. His answer was be a contractor because he doesnít want to work for anyone. I asked how he intends to get there? No plan. No classes. He works for a contractor who gathers his crew around 10am. Great mentor and biz model.
    I gave him the harse truth that EVERYONE works for someone. Except maybe those folks on that frozen Alaska show.

The grocery store cashier thing is not accurate either. Some of those ARE careers. When I was at SDSU I knew girls who worked at grocery stores during university. When they graduated they had better jobs than they could get with their shiny new degrees.

I wonder if AOCís job is vacant now that she moved up to better things?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    480 Posts
    Rep Points

Only idk how true.

Itís not true for everyone but there are a lot of people who chose to go a different and more successful route after being forced out of work by the shut downs. Itís only anecdotal but I know a few people who felt stuck in the service industry for different reasons who started doing Lyft, Uber, Door dash etc and theyíre working with the same effort and drive they had in restaurants and theyíre either saving to start their own businesses or have already started them. For a lot of people it was the push they needed. Some of the people I know went on to take management positions that were open at bars or restaurants because they had open positions from people who didnít want to go back. A lot places had to improve working conditions. Iím all for the free market and I canít stand corporate welfare. A lot of people seemed to forget that the workers are the backbone of any business. I donít even support a mandatory minimum wage I support collective bargaining and a contract between the employer and the employee. I think the government should stay out of most things. What we are seeing now with fast food wage increases is a product of the market. Worker supply and demand. If people choose to work for $2 an hour thatís between them and the employer. If they refuse to work for less than 15 thats the same thing. Iím very lucky that with my job I can honestly say I get paid more than I should and my wife runs a successful business but I donít look down on anyone. Wages for most jobs havenít kept up with the market. I see a lot of fat fucks complain because their local McDonaldís isnít open. These people donít care about people they care about cheap convenience. I will pay more so people can make a livable wage. Iím also the guy who usually tips 50-100%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    480 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    itís funny cuz you actually believe that. If career welfare recipients and basement dwellers had to do community service to receive benefitsÖ. Well we would have enough population to support all those businesses with help wanted signs in their windows.
    do you ever actually add anything other made up scenarios, blanket statements and shallow talking points? Is it not true what I posted? A lot of the responses here are proof of the post which if youíre aware of the guy who made would know itís partially a joke. Look up Vermin Supreme. He said if he became president he would give everyone free ponies.