Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 I Remember

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Rep Points

9/11 I Remember

May not be 9/11 in the US yet, it marks a day for me Ill never forget. Do you remember where and when you found out what was happening?

Wife yelled out to wake up, I could tell by her voice something was very wrong, I ran to the lounge room and watched the world unfold as the first tower was smoking, I took minutes to register before U jumped online to find if any of my friends were okay. Between Messenger, and the TV, all day, 5000 miles apart it brought my friends and I closer that day. Wont lie even now if I watch the towers fall I get upset.

I don't care about politics, who is right or wrong, it took years but when Osama was killed it there was a sliver of satisfaction.

To all that served that day, past, and present, thankyou. The families that have lost my condolences, Those who continue to serve freedom the fuck on.

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,120 Posts
    Rep Points

Work stopped that day and we watched on the only tv in the building. It was surreal.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,037 Posts
    Rep Points

I woke up to it unfolding and my idiot boss at work made us all come in. I was a Personal Trainer at Bally Total Fitness, and I clearly recall us all watching it on the gym floor on the TV's. Not a single person was in the gym and they sent us home early. The Highways were empty and I recall doing a cool 100+mph on the ride home to rush home to watch more of what was happening

What was crazy was that a maintenance guy at the gym, his older brother was in the Towers when it went down. He rushed out of work and drove to NYC (about 1-1.5 hrs away from us). He was there for days volunteering to find bodies or rescue people. They did end up finding his older brother. Alive also as unbelievable as that sounds. He was one of the 20 or so people that actually survived the building collapse. I do believe he was in a vegetative state thereafter though if I recall the story correct.

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Rep Points

I was stoned in history class listening to when worlds collide by power man 5000 … getting ready for a wrestling tournament that weekend…. It didn’t phase me.

until I grew up, got married, had kids and realized politicians play us like pawns. We are collateral damage. They’ll praise us when we create the outcome they want.

pawns.

we are still pawns today
    “Tape on a dick you twat waffle” - IronRage & Dale C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts
    Rep Points

I was in the military..We got recalled, locked down, and maneuvered into an aggressive combat ready position..

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Rep Points

My friend called me and cried: The World War III has started! I will remember these words until the day I die!!!

We provide DOMESTIC shipping within USA
    Drugsgear.com
    contact me Dgear@protonmail.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    496 Posts
    Rep Points

I was in high school. No direct impact on me I just remember a bunch of kids shortly after wearing American flag tshirts. Even then I knew the American people were nothing but pawns and our shit government and powers that be are opportunistic scum. 3 people hijacked a plane and they used it as an excuse to violate our privacy and to go play American terrorist in another country for oil killing innocent men women and children and sacrificing our own under the guise of freedom. Nothing noble and nothing to be proud of.
    9/11 is symbolic of the patriot act.
    in the words of Anti-flag: gotta die gotta die gotta die for your government die for your country that’s shit!
    Last edited by Bft84; 09-10-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,499 Posts
    Rep Points

I was working in the jail in Marin County, Ca. I was doing something in a pipe chase when the Sgt. called on the radio to come to the office. A plane had hit a building and while we were all watching and commenting on what had happened, the second plane struck.
    Jaw dropping shocking.
    I thought for sure I would be deploying immediately but it was five years before my deployment.

It disgusts me that people forget so fast.

They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    699 Posts
    Rep Points

I don’t want to dox myself but I actually grew up and still live only a few miles from where Flight 93 crashed. For years I actually lived in a lake house that’s about 1 mile from the crash site as the crow flies. So Biden was floating around here somewhere today.

I was in 8th grade and we were incredibly confused. There were planes crashing in DC and NY and then we got word that one crashed in Shanksville, just complete confusion. We were sent home early that day, I dunno if all schools around the country did that or not.

Super duper mod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,752 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by FNA View Post
    I was in the military..We got recalled, locked down, and maneuvered into an aggressive combat ready position..
    Lol I was army at Ft Stewart ga . That really scared the shit out of my 20 year old ass . We all thought that we were going to war even though we had Bradley’s . That would come couple years later in Iraq .
    Advanced 2.0 the pip hits like a hammer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by frank zazz View Post
    Lol I was army at Ft Stewart ga . That really scared the shit out of my 20 year old ass . We all thought that we were going to war even though we had Bradley’s . That would come couple years later in Iraq .
    Thank you for your service
    I was a Navy guy stationed on a Marine base in a Marine command, shits like an aphrodisiac to Marines, they all couldn't wait to go fuck some shit up.. love my Marines..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,735 Posts
    Rep Points

I was living in Rhode Island at the time and my mother called me just as I was waking up and told me to turn on the TV. I was horrified with what I saw...and I was blessed as I was supposed to have been in the North Tower for a seminar that day, but 2 weeks prior the seminar was cancelled. Had plane ticket and everything...
    Show me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Rep Points

My grandmother, aunt, uncle were all there touring pretty crazy. May god bless the ppl killed and all the heroes that helped that day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,308 Posts
    Rep Points

My friend and boss was on Flight 11, going on his honeymoon, and died. I remember the phone-call well.
    ~
    [[[[------------------]]]]

Stuck in hell currently clawing my way out !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts
    Rep Points

I remember it like it was yesterday, i had been out making delivery’s all night and finally went by a friends house after his mom went to work that morning. Busted out an .oz of some good ol ether base and started snortn down some 3ft. Rails after a while i went to take a leak and came out of bathroom to see what i thought was static on the big screen. I was like bey brother why you watching static are you ok he was like dude its not static its smoke a plane just crashed into the twin towers in NY and about that time here come another one and i watched it fly right into them again. Still go this day it seems so fukn surreal to me. I couldn’t believe what i was seeing.