9/11 I Remember

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 I Remember

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    Rep Points

Just thinking and I might be wrong but I believe that was the last time the country truly came together. Itís a night and day difference between then and now itís sad honestly. Political parties and other issues were set aside and America for the most part was unified. Man wtf happened? I put a lot of blame on the media for how they control the narrative I also place blame on the people for letting the media do that. The internet and how impersonal communication is also plays a role. Could you imagine if we all actually just talked in person instead of being words on a screen?

Fucking Legend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,155 Posts
    Rep Points

I was in our show up yard waiting for my crew to come in to start the days work. My wife called me and told me what happened. I sent the guys home for the day to be with their families.

What strikes me most about it all is how well we treated each other in the following weeks. Total strangers caring a bit more about each other. I think itís sad that it took a tragedy of that level to accomplish such a simple thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunz View Post
    I was in our show up yard waiting for my crew to come in to start the days work. My wife called me and told me what happened. I sent the guys home for the day to be with their families.

What strikes me most about it all is how well we treated each other in the following weeks. Total strangers caring a bit more about each other. I think itís sad that it took a tragedy of that level to accomplish such a simple thing.
    You got a good heart there man!
    Show me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,031 Posts
    Rep Points

ASF : Anabolic Stink Finger

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,028 Posts
    Rep Points

Attached Images Attached Images

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,632 Posts
    Rep Points

we werent so divided as a nation the years before, things seemed to be moving in the right direction, then at the moment anything that divided us no longer mattered we were all one. 20 years later WTF happened, politics became theater and your political opinions define you. Really miss those years before seemed like people cared about truth more it wasnt a political football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts
    Rep Points

I was working construction in a Chicago highrise pouring a concrete floor on the 67th floor. We where evacuated from the city. It was the only time in my life I seen fighter jets landing and taking off from the old Miggs Field off Lake Shore Drive. Truly thought I was going to die in the 4hr traffic jam trying to leave downtown.

I WILL NEVER EVER FORGET THIS DAY
    GOD BLESS AMERICA And All Tge Fallen Heros civilians
    Last edited by TinyNutzzz; 09-11-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,177 Posts
    Rep Points

I was at work running a crew of guys and popped in to check in with the boss. The TV was on in the office and they were talking about a small plane hitting one of the towers. I thought that's super random and then minutes later they report a jet liner hit the other tower. Then another plane crashed a little bit later and I knew we were at war. It was eerie walking around outside. Not a single plane in the sky. They grounded all flights and it was so quiet. Not sure if it was the next day or that night but I remember congress all together on the steps of the capitol and I think it was the first time in my life that we felt completely unified as a nation. Now we are at war and half the nation doesn't even realize it. Its a different type of war that keeps us divided.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    419 Posts
    Rep Points

I was woke up with a phone call from my wife who was a senior in high school wanting me to pick her up. I asked why and she told me to turn the news on.

Edit: I was 19 btw not a cradle robber lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,130 Posts
    Rep Points

I was at work. People started talking about what happened. I drove home after my shift and watched the news for awhile. Made some calls to people I knew that didn't know what happened.

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,028 Posts
    Rep Points

https://resistthemainstream.org/al-q...ource=telegram

Watch: Al Qaeda Leader, Believed Dead, Appears in Video on 9/11 Anniversary

Despite rumors of his death since late last year, Al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahri appeared in a video released by the terrorist group on Saturday, the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the United States.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Rep Points

All these stories of the people who were supposed to be there that day, but something went wrong (or right, actually) and they survived. Do they still send shivers down your spine? Someone spilt coffee and had to return home to change his suit, someone's child had a tantrum so they were late for school, and so on. For all those people, this is their second birthday.

We provide DOMESTIC shipping within USA
    Drugsgear.com
    contact me Dgear@protonmail.com

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunz View Post

This is true. People are chasing money, careers, any benefits and put themselves before anyone. But such accidents make us remember what life is all about. It's a pity that after a while we still forget about it

We provide DOMESTIC shipping within USA
    Drugsgear.com
    contact me Dgear@protonmail.com

Most loved gay guy on ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    978 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GYMnTONIC View Post
    I woke up to it unfolding and my idiot boss at work made us all come in. I was a Personal Trainer at Bally Total Fitness, and I clearly recall us all watching it on the gym floor on the TV's. Not a single person was in the gym and they sent us home early. The Highways were empty and I recall doing a cool 100+mph on the ride home to rush home to watch more of what was happening

What was crazy was that a maintenance guy at the gym, his older brother was in the Towers when it went down. He rushed out of work and drove to NYC (about 1-1.5 hrs away from us). He was there for days volunteering to find bodies or rescue people. They did end up finding his older brother. Alive also as unbelievable as that sounds. He was one of the 20 or so people that actually survived the building collapse. I do believe he was in a vegetative state thereafter though if I recall the story correct.
    Wait Wes... I coulda sworn u said 9/11 was a false flag.
    :: prudence ::

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,471 Posts
    Rep Points

Hmmm, even if it was a false flag, wouldnít he still be effected by the event and everything he posted still be fact?