ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,148 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    Employers have the right to give employees unpaid leave of absence indefinitely if they take religious exemptions to avoid being vaccinated.

So HR at my company has stated on internal communications sites.
    Enjoy your new life of leisure! What are you going to do with all your new found spare time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,574 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    If you are mad about the vaccine mandate wait until the booster mandates

Biden ended one forever war and launched another one on the american people
    Yup, I've talked to friends that thought they were safe because they got the vax.im like naw bro you have to get the boosters to be considered vaxed. You should see the look on their faces lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,145 Posts
    Rep Points

Follow the money. It always tells the real story. Since when has the government truly cared about the health of the people? If they did why isn't there a mandatory omega 3,6,9 coq10 shot after you leave any fast food joint?

From the CDC
    One person dies every 36 seconds in the United States from cardiovascular disease.1
    About 655,000 Americans die from heart disease each year—that’s 1 in every 4 deaths.2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Rep Points

Yes they are,,,had a friend who was 53 and vaccinated in the spring. he and his wife got it, she made it he didn't. Second one was twins 58 years old. One died, the other didn't from Covid. The only joke worse than the one in the white house, is this 'cure' for covid! Take it and no mask needed, take it and you will be able to return to a normal life....oh wait wearing a mask should be considered strongly! Oh wait, you can still get it and transmit it....oh wait the first 2 jabs were completely worthless without the 3rd one...less than 6 months after getting the first 2! Can you imagine going in for a car repair with that Bullshit line. It took us 2 times to fix your car, but now you are good to go, except you will still have the same problems as before we fixed it, and oh by the way we mandate you come in again for another 'repair'. Glad to get vaccinated when they bring out a succesful vaccine like polio and measels. where those who get it are at ZERO risk! NEver heard of a mild case of polio!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,358 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln30TT View Post
    OK, so let's look at something... You have a statically better chance of dying from the below than covid:

Heart attack
    Cancer
    Suicide
    Drug over dose
    Car crash

So by your logic, we need to ban, restrict, or limit access to pretty much everything. Why isn't this happening.

Obesity is a way bigger problem then covid, why isn't the government mandating diet and exercise?

Your logic is flawed. Keep giving away your freedoms and see what's left. If you're into that, I hear Venezuela is beautiful this time of year.

What the fuck are you talking about? I am not for "giving away freedoms." Where are you getting this from? Read my posts and quote what lead you down this weird path. You are not responding to anything I said.

Even with respect to your claimed "by your logic" statement. Even if I assume what you say is true, that you have a statistically higher chance of dying of the five things listed (and if you look at the numbers only two of those have higher deaths than covid, but for the sake of argument, let's assume that is true), by "my" logic there is nothing that leads one to the conclusion of restricting or limiting access to things. I have written nothing that you can use with logic or reason to draw such a conclusion.

Let's take the first item on the list. Heart attack. A better analogy to my post would be if I were arguing that one should watch blood pressure and be careful with steroids and do cardio and take breaks to get blood levels normal. Then you respond with some screed about how I am attacking freedom or some shit.

This is why folks cannot have reasonable discussions on matters of public importance. You get all excited and cannot even understand what I wrote but instead translate it into something else do you can rail against it. This is a classic strawman fallacy, which is the opposite of "logic."

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,525 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Enjoy your new life of leisure! What are you going to do with all your new found spare time?
    selling meth to the children of Democrats that survive abortion.
    “Tape on a dick you twat waffle” - IronRage & Dale C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    I get all the "I will never comply" stuff, and it would be easy for me to post that, too, since I am not employed by an employer affected by any of these mandates, but how many of you are going to walk away from your job to "never comply?"

Thats a serious question.

Is your employer affected? Are you willing to quit or be fired? That is the situation with which FM19 is faced (and Montego1)
    The government should not be forcing people to make these decisions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,358 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Not sure why you responded to me but its a straw man argument.
    You posted that the vaccinated are still getting covid 19. I agreed with you. How is that a strawman argument?

I then qualified that agreement by demonstrating that while the vaccinated are still getting covid, it is in much small numbers than the unvaccinated (like 95 to 5). Again, that is not a strawman argument. It directly addressed what you said.

A strawman is when you demolish a different argument than your opponent presented, because it is easier than demolishing your opponent's argument (just as it is easier to punch down a straw man than to knock out a real man).

I did not contradict your argument at all. Indeed, I agreed with it and added additional information.

By directly addressing your argument, I did not commit a strawman fallacy even if I had been disagreeing with your argument (which I did not see my argument as doing, indeed, the first few words are agreement).

Did you mean that the vaccinated are getting covid in the same percentages as the unvaccinated? If so, then my post may have disagreed with yours, but I did not read your post as making such a claim. Even if you were attempting to make such a claim, a post directly addressing that claim is not a strawman.

vv mine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    753 Posts
    Rep Points

My 2 cents... I had covid, every member of my family had covid.. It was a head cold for us not even comparable to the flu I have had in the past.. I got vaccinated so did my wife. We wanted to go on vacation and didnt want issues after spending thousands of dollars. I dont see the vaccine as the "big bad" as other people do.. And I also believe with out the vaccine I have 0 chance of dying from covid or being hospitalized ....0... I do understand that the vaccine has saved a ton of lives.

I do have a problem with the requirement... I did and do have a problem with the shut downs.. Those ruined peoples lives.. and the vaccine could ruin peoples lives (yes I think the chances are small but for those 10 people (out of millions) that have an adverse reaction and werent given a choice it sure as hell matters)... I feel like in this country we decide the risks we want to take.. This is a slippery slope that people need to be careful venturing down...

Where does it end.. why not go after cigarettes' next? Cheese for that matter? I mean heart disease is the number one killer right? why not require breathalyzers in all vehicles to end Drunk driving?
    All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,358 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by IronRage View Post
    The government should not be forcing people to make these decisions
    True enough. I don't think you will find me advocating for government force in almost any context, much less this one.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,187 Posts
    Rep Points

You posted that the vaccinated are still getting covid 19. I agreed with you. How is that a strawman argument?

I then qualified that agreement by demonstrating that while the vaccinated are still getting covid, it is in much small numbers than the unvaccinated (like 95 to 5). Again, that is not a strawman argument. It directly addressed what you said.

A strawman is when you demolish a different argument than your opponent presented, because it is easier than demolishing your opponent's argument (just as it is easier to punch down a straw man than to knock out a real man).

I did not contradict your argument at all. Indeed, I agreed with it and added additional information.

By directly addressing your argument, I did not commit a strawman fallacy even if I had been disagreeing with your argument (which I did not see my argument as doing, indeed, the first few words are agreement).

Did you mean that the vaccinated are getting covid in the same percentages as the unvaccinated? If so, then my post may have disagreed with yours, but I did not read your post as making such a claim. Even if you were attempting to make such a claim, a post directly addressing that claim is not a strawman.
    Glad you agree with everything I posted. Good to know you are a smart guy =)

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,358 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnyguy180 View Post
    My 2 cents... I had covid, every member of my family had covid.. It was a head cold for us not even comparable to the flu I have had in the past.. I got vaccinated so did my wife. We wanted to go on vacation and didnt want issues after spending thousands of dollars. I dont see the vaccine as the "big bad" as other people do.. And I also believe with out the vaccine I have 0 chance of dying from covid or being hospitalized ....0... I do understand that the vaccine has saved a ton of lives.

I do have a problem with the requirement... I did and do have a problem with the shut downs.. Those ruined peoples lives.. and the vaccine could ruin peoples lives (yes I think the chances are small but for those 10 people (out of millions) that have an adverse reaction and werent given a choice it sure as hell matters)... I feel like in this country we decide the risks we want to take.. This is a slippery slope that people need to be careful venturing down...

Where does it end.. why not go after cigarettes' next? Cheese for that matter? I mean heart disease is the number one killer right? why not require breathalyzers in all vehicles to end Drunk driving?
    Heart disease is number one. Cancer is number two. Recently, covid is number 3.

But since you got the vaccine and recognize that it has "saved a ton of lives" then you absolutely must be for government force and a Biden voter.

Just kidding, Skinnyguy180, but that seems to be the logic being used in this thread.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,187 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnyguy180 View Post

Sorry the formatting is so weird. The amount of injury and death in the USA is the most ever from a "vaccine" by a long shot and this is a passive reporting system so way under reported data.

VAERS COVID Vaccine Data

650,075 Reports
    through August 23, 2021*
    (VAERS reported, Should be 8.27.21)

DEATHS

HOSPITALIZATIONS

URGENT CARE

OFFICE VISITS

ANAPHYLAXIS

BELL'S PALSY

Miscarriages

Heart Attacks

Myocarditis/
    Pericarditis

Permanently Disabled

Thrombocytopenia/
    Low Platelet

Life Threatening

Severe Allergic Reaction

Shingles

Mortality (openvaers.com)

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

vv mine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    753 Posts
    Rep Points

Heart disease is number one. Cancer is number two. Recently, covid is number 3.

But since you got the vaccine and recognize that it has "saved a ton of lives" then you absolutely must be for government force and a Biden voter.

Just kidding, Skinnyguy180, but that seems to be the logic being used in this thread.
    I honestly think requiring it was the dumbest thing the government could have done... Leave it optional and let people die... and more people will want to get it.

This girl in my office said "no one can make me get the shot. Are they gonna hold me down and force me?" 2 weeks later she got her first vaccine shot... Her sister in law got covid and died. I asked her what changed her mind? She said "I dont want to die"
    All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,525 Posts
    Rep Points

And they literally are petitioning to put breathalyzers in new vehicles.

here in America, we must put safety rails on everything.
    “Tape on a dick you twat waffle” - IronRage & Dale C.