• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Korn

AR-15

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Not sure who’s into what musically here but I reluctantly traveled to see Korn & Stained last night in Burgettstown, Pa. Concerts and crowds definitely aren’t my thing but I gotta admit it was a good show by two damn good bands. We were supposed to do the VIP thing but said fuck it and ended up sitting in the field off to the side a bit. Turned out to be a pretty good choice because the crowd seemed to be more on the “middle aged side” and were pretty well behaved which was nice because I didn’t have to deal with a bunch of drunks bumping into me all night. Anyway figured I’d recommend the show to anyone here that was considering going to see them. I was pleasantly surprised.

The good ol’ Post Gazette Pavilion or Keybank or whatever it’s called right now.

I’ve been there many many times. It’s a pretty sweet setup.

That’s hilarious that the Korn/Staind crowd is middle aged and calm now, I grew up on that shit so it makes me feel old.

They’re both damn good, especially if they’re playing their old stuff.

I was a huge Korn fan in the 90s. Many of my early bodybuilding workouts were completed listening to Got the Life and some others.

Haven't listened in a bit. Was a big fan of them, NIN, linkin park and Prodigy.

I think it’s the KeyBank Pavilion now but I still just call in Star Lake. Fucking name changes so much it’s too hard to keep track and your right it is a pretty nice set up. It was pretty nice to throw down a blanket, chill and watch the band at a metal concert. I actually smoked weed for the first time in like 15 years just to calm me down because I figured they crowd would be complete idiots. I got stoned for nothing because like I said they were pretty calm. The majority of them just stood there and banged their head in place. That’s was about the extent of it. Only people that were really going crazy were right down front but I can’t be around that shit anyway.

The good ol’ Post Gazette Pavilion or Keybank or whatever it’s called right now.

I’ve been there many many times. It’s a pretty sweet setup.

That’s hilarious that the Korn/Staind crowd is middle aged and calm now, I grew up on that shit so it makes me feel old.

They’re both damn good, especially if they’re playing their old stuff.

Saw them earlier this year was differently a good show .

https://youtu.be/7GMC9W37hsAI still listen to Korn. Stained is too generic and whiney for my tastes but their very first album Tormented is pretty heavy and I still listen to it from time to time at the gym. Give it a listen if you’ve never heard it.

Grew up listening to them. They’re older music is awesome didn’t take too much to some of their newer albums like that “mirror one” or twisted transistor… but “issues” and their self titled album were amazing though… but ya I feel on the crowds though. Not into that shit anymore either. Just had this talk with my wife because her mom was trying to give us free tickets to some show in the city. Came with free food and drinks too… we just couldn’t bring purse to do it, plus it went until 11 at night which is 3 hours past our bed time… $400 dollar deal for free but still not worth it lol

IML Gear Cream!
Guitarist Bryan “Head” Welch has a new band that sounds more like Korn than Korn does now. Aaron Lewis is way better as a country singer but dysfunction was stainds best album. Korns first 3 albums self titled or “maximum korn”, follow the leader and issues were great albums. Everyone who grew up in the 90’s had korn beanies and South Pole jeans with korn patches on it. Lol they took over American high schools.

I performed blind for a talent show once and I remember high school dances every goth douche in the school would “dance” to korn songs by what can only be described as head banging when you are constipated.

The 7 string baritone guitar was birthed because of 90’s post grunge metal or “nu-wave” metal. I always wanted one but realized you could get the same effect with a 6 string by setting the bridge out, using thick gauge strings, and tuning to either drop C tuning or A tuning. If you had locking nuts and a floating Floyd rose bridge you could even manage to keep it in tune for 2 or 3 songs. Also, active EMG pick ups are a must if your trying to baritone out your 6 string axe.

but yeah Korn dominated the 90’s high schools. Looking back it was borderline embarrassing. Haha

Last edited:
My buddy was a huge fan in 97 and went to see them in a town in tn . He said they were so piss drunk they pretty much lost his respect for them lol. Jon Davis apologized about it lol

In High School Korn fans use to talk so much shit about how awesome the band was. I was wearing my Slayer tshirts and told them they couldn't hold Slayer s jock... While I like some of the songs Korn made I'm not really a fan. Listening to Jon Davis talk about his battle with bipolar "manic depression" is sad to hear but valuable information to people dealing with that mental illnesses. Rather they have it or know someone who has it.

In High School Korn fans use to talk so much shit about how awesome the band was. I was wearing my Slayer tshirts and told them they couldn't hold Slayer s jock... While I like some of the songs Korn made I'm not really a fan. Listening to Jon Davis talk about his battle with bipolar "manic depression" is sad to hear but valuable information to people dealing with that mental illnesses. Rather they have it or know someone who has it.

I was like you holding down the old metal fort. I honestly avoided that whole new metal thingy. I was pissed when Machine Head "sold out" with the album "The burning red".... but it's a business and they made a choice... didn't really pay off as they are back to playing heavy shit again.

It was Ole School Metallica, Megadeth, Metal Church, Overkill, Prong, Slayer, Sepultura...etc...

Noticeable exceptions would be D.R.I., Fear Factory, Def Leppard, Poison, Black Flag....Garbage, Red Chill peppers...

Funny story moment....Big John the body guard for Poison and later on Brett was from my area, We knew each other but only in passing as I too, did body guard work. The funny thing is he came up to me and some of my crew he knew and started bullshitting... then he just says" I'm going on tour with poison" We all were like that's awesome... then later laughed at him for bull shitting us.... Then years later I see him on Rock of Love.... and I was like damn, owe him an apology...

When He disappeared on the scene I never put it together. I just figured like many of us in the poorer areas and hardline walking motherfuckers he just moved on.
I always get tickled when people who read magazines or online articles think that is really their "idol".... nope, more times than not it is an assistant with loaded answers. Like if drugs come up some artists will never admit to doing lines of blow with ole' Cowboy and company... I have done lines with at least 20 wel known metal/rock artists that swear they only "smoke a lil weed and drink a lil booze"....lol whatever

I was like you holding down the old metal fort. I honestly avoided that whole new metal thingy. I was pissed when Machine Head "sold out" with the album "The burning red".... but it's a business and they made a choice... didn't really pay off as they are back to playing heavy shit again.

It was Ole School Metallica, Megadeth, Metal Church, Overkill, Prong, Slayer, Sepultura...etc...

Noticeable exceptions would be D.R.I., Fear Factory, Def Leppard, Poison, Black Flag....Garbage, Red Chill peppers...

Funny story moment....Big John the body guard for Poison and later on Brett was from my area, We knew each other but only in passing as I too, did body guard work. The funny thing is he came up to me and some of my crew he knew and started bullshitting... then he just says" I'm going on tour with poison" We all were like that's awesome... then later laughed at him for bull shitting us.... Then years later I see him on Rock of Love.... and I was like damn, owe him an apology...

When He disappeared on the scene I never put it together. I just figured like many of us in the poorer areas and hardline walking motherfuckers he just moved on.
I always get tickled when people who read magazines or online articles think that is really their "idol".... nope, more times than not it is an assistant with loaded answers. Like if drugs come up some artists will never admit to doing lines of blow with ole' Cowboy and company... I have done lines with at least 20 wel known metal/rock artists that swear they only "smoke a lil weed and drink a lil booze"....lol whatever
We even like some of the same music lol.

Not quite the same but a few years ago I got high as kite with Ron White at Star Bar in Atlanta. What made it better was I don’t even smoke or drink but I was like damn it’s Ron White.

Korn has a special place in my heart...it was Nov, 1995. I went to see Korn at Hammerjacks in Baltimore. They only had their first album out, they were young and hungry.

The band before them was Monster Magnet, they fucking sucked and literally got booed off the stage and the whole crowd chanted for Korn...its B-more bro..

Probably one of the most intense sets I ever saw and I've been to alot of shows..
It was life changing bc at that moment I said thats what I want to do..so over the next few years I learned to play and then got into a band and started gigging..

Back