• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

question about investing

Get Shredded!
Rents are still being covered by ERAP. They go back as far as April 2020 and if you qualify they pay your utilities also. I have been following the rental market for over 30 years and never have I seen this much rental assistance. Its an insane amount of $$$

If that's the case we might as well quit and do the same. Wtf?

You really believe that? The market is down 400 points right now. How long can we keep this all up? People have to now pay rent and the house payment.

I think I get what you are saying about rent and house prices.

Last month rent went up 10 basis points which is .1% and equals 1.2% annual inflation which is quite low.

As to home prices go up that is cause and effect of cheap money, or low interest rates. If interest rates go up then value of homes most likely go down.

I think I get what you are saying about rent and house prices.

Last month rent went up 10 basis points which is .1% and equals 1.2% annual inflation which is quite low.

As to home prices go up that is cause and effect of cheap money, or low interest rates. If interest rates go up then value of homes most likely go down.

What I'm trying to say is people have been given money to help pay their bills. They quit jobs and bought toys. Now the eviction moratorium has been lifted. The rent is due and mortgage payments are also due now. There are some states allowing people to still not pay but for the most part most have to pay up. The extra unemployment is now gone.

We were at a shopping center last week and several stores were closed or were closing early. They had signs saying due to lack of employees this is what's happening. Now these are more first time jobs for people. But now they're paying 18hr to start with sign on bonuses. We spoke to a employee that said still no applications.

Now add fuel being up 1.00 a gallon in just a year. Rent through the roof and home prices high as ever. Add in food prices and everyday items and I just can't see how this gets better. Now throw gas on the fire with vaccine mandates and employer covid testing. Like these businesses haven't had it hard enough going through covid. Now they have to pay for covid tests? And try to find vaxed employees when they're already short on labor. I just don't see this ending well.

Sorry for the long winded reply. Just my .02.

What I'm trying to say is people have been given money to help pay their bills. They quit jobs and bought toys. Now the eviction moratorium has been lifted. The rent is due and mortgage payments are also due now. There are some states allowing people to still not pay but for the most part most have to pay up. The extra unemployment is now gone.

We were at a shopping center last week and several stores were closed or were closing early. They had signs saying due to lack of employees this is what's happening. Now these are more first time jobs for people. But now they're paying 18hr to start with sign on bonuses. We spoke to a employee that said still no applications.

Now add fuel being up 1.00 a gallon in just a year. Rent through the roof and home prices high as ever. Add in food prices and everyday items and I just can't see how this gets better. Now throw gas on the fire with vaccine mandates and employer covid testing. Like these businesses haven't had it hard enough going through covid. Now they have to pay for covid tests? And try to find vaxed employees when they're already short on labor. I just don't see this ending well.

You aint wrong, this is going to end very badly. Medical costs will sky rocket over the next few years. Forcing bankruptcies like never before... Many nurses are checking out/retiring early. I am in school half way and as soon as I can I will become a travel nurse. There nurses making 3 to 10k a week. I plan on killing myself for 3 to 5 years working and then retiring if that keeps up... but who knows...my luck I will graduate and they will pass a law limiting how much I can make or some shit...

You aint wrong, this is going to end very badly. Medical costs will sky rocket over the next few years. Forcing bankruptcies like never before... Many nurses are checking out/retiring early. I am in school half way and as soon as I can I will become a travel nurse. There nurses making 3 to 10k a week. I plan on killing myself for 3 to 5 years working and then retiring if that keeps up... but who knows...my luck I will graduate and they will pass a law limiting how much I can make or some shit...

The uncertainty is across the board. Everything I thought would never happen is happening. It's very hard to predict the future at this point. I wish you the best of luck and also hope the money I've saved is still worth something in the years to come lol.

Nah you're good.

I see some of the items you mention and I agree.

My wife was telling me when she was a child her dad got laid off. Her mom told her dad you need to get signed up for unemployment.

He said no way, because back in the day it was shameful and humiliating to even apply for it.

Now, everyone wants a handout and not work for it.

Low self esteem and no pride in the American work force anymore and I am disgusted by it.

If anything, that last paragraph will be what will sink this country.

I bet things would get better if we fired our elected officials and made them get real jobs and live like we have to. Even if that didn’t make things better it would make me feel better seeing these pretentious fucks begging blue collar workers to help them learn how to be human and survive.

did I ever tell you guys how much I hate politicians and Hollywood celebrities? Cuz it’s a lot.

I bet things would get better if we fired our elected officials and made them get real jobs and live like we have to. Even if that didn’t make things better it would make me feel better seeing these pretentious fucks begging blue collar workers to help them learn how to be human and survive.

did I ever tell you guys how much I hate politicians and Hollywood celebrities? Cuz it’s a lot.
Your onto something milfy. Don't stop there.

So its obvious the economy is imploding. What are you guys doing with your money?

I'm guessing the dollar will be significantly worth less in the coming months.

I can see the logic in land, crypto and metals but curious what you guys think.

The same thing I was doing before - investing a set percentage of income in low expense ratio index funds. It makes sense to hold shares of companies that produce things, which are likely to go up as inflation goes up. I have not changed my investing strategy.

Land produces nothing (unless its a farm) but has costs in the form of taxes and interest if you took a loan. Crypto is way too volatile, and I think the risk is uncompensated. While it is easy to point out, hey, your should have poured all of your wealth, everything into Bitcoin in 2017, investing does not look backwards but forwards, and whether it goes up or down over the next several years is anybody's guess. Metals? Eh, I'd rather own shares in companies that use commodities to produce things than own the commodities themselves.

IML Gear Cream!
Iran

The Iranian news agency Fares reports that according to the central bank's reports, the annual inflation rate in the country (as of August) has reached 58%!

This is the highest rate of inflation in Iran since the beginning of the Islamic Revolution in Iran (in 1974, Iran recorded an annual inflation rate of 49%, which was the highest until the current year. A new record was broken).

Crazy to still see reloading supplies are out of stock. Buying primers or powder is tough right now.

My local gun store owner "Bill" (as I'll call him) keeps me posted on ammo as well as I do him when I have close vet friends call me with bulk ammo that needs buying i.e. .556/.223, .45, 9mm.30-30.
I'm currently having him custom build me a 10.5 .556 pistol in his gun shop.

Started investing into some crypto as I'm happy for the apps so I can buy in on as much as needed in rotation of things. Compared to the past when you had to dump a minimum of $2500 to a broker
(either individually or in a group format). I missed out on getting my hands on some bitcoin several years back. I literally could be retired right now but I'm not missing the boat this time.

Iran

The Iranian news agency Fares reports that according to the central bank's reports, the annual inflation rate in the country (as of August) has reached 58%!

This is the highest rate of inflation in Iran since the beginning of the Islamic Revolution in Iran (in 1974, Iran recorded an annual inflation rate of 49%, which was the highest until the current year. A new record was broken).

And the poor get poorer

Inflation is being caused by the Ukraine war and supply chain issues, has nothing to do with the trillions our government printed.......

Inflation is being caused by the Ukraine war and supply chain issues, has nothing to do with the trillions our government printed.......

Lol and biden sees into the future and knows we are gonna have these issues that’s why he tellls us upfront like the world economic forum, they share a crystal ball

America’s inflation just hit 8.5% — the highest it’s risen since 1981. At least…that’s what the media, the Biden administration, and the Federal Reserve SAYS. But if you calculate inflation the same way economists and politicians did in the 1980s (which the website ShadowStats has already done), our rate today is closer to 17.15 PERCENT! Carol Roth, financial expert and author of ‘The War On Small Business’ joins Glenn to explain the TRUE state of our current economy…

Also too, how do we avoid the takeover that Robinhood did to a lot of common investors that were on the verge of becoming millionaires?
Direct registration of your shares removes Them from the dtcc books which takes away lending power and the buy button issue. Robinhood. Stated the dtc cause the halt. The dtcc said they waved the minimum margin to avoid the halt. They play games with words. But realistically. Cede n Co owns the shares and the dtcc acts as custodian. Directly register. the shares in your name rather than Jane Street to Wallstreet. And when enough of the float is locked to individuals. The big players have less Wiggle Room for their corrupt tactics. Even former chief of sec Lisa something. Has been spewing about this on Twitter.

Get Shredded!
Invest in the things people would buy 1st/need most in a distressed economy. If goods are scarce. no form of currency is worth much.
Examples:
Alcohol
Tobacco
Firearms
Ammo
Insulin
Storable food
Fuels
Batteries
Bleach, Peroxide, Rubbing alcohol
Anti-biotics
Vitamins
Herbal medicines
Water filtration
Common Prescription meds

Anything digital like, your bank acct, crypto etc.. can go away without warning.
Nobody will trade essentials for gold or silver in an economic disaster.

If you only had a month's worth of food and supply chains were down... would you trade your month of food for a lump of gold? ;)

Simply buying up goods you personally need, at today's prices, ahead of the coming inflation IS investing.

NEW - Germany's producer price inflation jumps to 30.9% in March, the highest level since 1949.

Attachments

• PPI Germany.jpg
    PPI Germany.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Morgan Stanley has reportedly said bitcoin has reached an important milestone in being widely used as a currency.
  • Strike integrating with the BlackHawk network allows bitcoin to enter the physical locations of shops and restaurants which still make up 85% of U.S. transactions.
  • Low transaction costs and merchant adoption will likely lead to less volatility in the chosen asset over time, Morgan Stanley reportedly stated.

• Morgan Stanley has reportedly said bitcoin has reached an important milestone in being widely used as a currency.
  • Strike integrating with the BlackHawk network allows bitcoin to enter the physical locations of shops and restaurants which still make up 85% of U.S. transactions.
  • Low transaction costs and merchant adoption will likely lead to less volatility in the chosen asset over time, Morgan Stanley reportedly stated.

And it’s down 2% since this morning lol

This economy to me:
Right is wrong
Up is down
Down is up

Guns,ammo,silver,vehicles,gun parts, car parts is what has kept my nestegg going for almost 10yrs now. I've literally lived off my $20k all this time by just flipping stuff, keeping things I feel are worth value in the future, and making sure I have my bills paid with my profit..
Crypto is the next thing for me to start playing with more tho and hopefully real estate soon.
Crypto shit now

I keep back silver and I am slowly learning about crypto. I have this 1 company I have invested quite a bit with its doing fine

Back