Quote Originally Posted by tommygunz View Post
    Cats are devious little bastards
    Hate cats. Like pussy though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,533 Posts
    Rep Points

Most current guy here... Have had other breeds over the years but pits and bulldogs are my #1 go-to. They get a negative view by most in the general public but it's all in how you raise them. If you neglect them and fight them, ECT...then yes they are going to be vicious and out of control. Raise and treat them right, great dogs and very loving. Just don't break into my house..once he grabs on you will have to shoot him or stab him in the eye lol.

Super Fuckin User

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    347 Posts
    Rep Points

BIG UP to all the members that shared their pets and background stories. I feel all of ya'll on the love, the loss, and then some. I've been an avid volunteer at shelters for 2 decades and tend to pick the aggressive or bite case k9s bc they'll be put down. I've managed to rescue and rehabilitate 27 of 30 K9s. Mostly bullies.

When I hit the service my affinity as a K9 handler shifted to the GSD and Belgian. It's kinda nuts to think a dog is smart enough to trust you to strap him to your chest and HALO Jump at 30K

However, upon return, I required a service dog- So I have a GSD/Golden Retriever that comes everywhere with me, but I picked up this other guy about a year ago and you can see how fast he grew. The bed in the pic is a queen (for size reference), turned out to be a hybrid. So here are some shots of all my kingdoms species.

I have a heart for all animals, so here is part of the crazy cornball crew!! Don't judge!

Ready On Deck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,255 Posts
    Rep Points

You might have your hands full with a hybrid in the mix..
    They go thru some strange stages..not like dogs a all..

The first 8 to 12 months they are scared of everything..
    Then one day..like a light switch...the want to Kill everything..thats a huge challenge..
    But around yr 3 they start to calm and find themselves..

Get ready to be totally blow away..Once you get a Wolf-hybrid..nothing else compares..
    Too damn smart..for one..trained mine at yr 2 with a shock collar..best thing if you need Jim off-leash..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,507 Posts
    Rep Points

I had a racoon as a teenager. Was super cool until it wasn’t. Got vicious at about 8 months.
    When I was single I bred snakes and lizards. Had between 300-400 animals at one time. A year prior to moving to Mexico I had a trio of albino Western Diamondbacks and a Cyclura iguana, all of which I gave up because I thought I couldn’t take them down with me.

I also gave up my Red Fronted Macaw for the same reason and that I seriously regret. I put a lot of time into him from a chick, teaching him to free fly and return, not be mean and tolerate strangers. He was never destructive and aside from being LOUD, he was a perfect bird.

Over about a 12 year period I collected unwanted parrots and found homes for them. Some came to me as real sad stories so I feel blessed to have been able to help them.

We have had as many as five dogs at a time but all got old (a 20 y/o Jack Russell!) and we are down to one now.

I rescued a crocodile from certain death at the hands of a local teenager who bought him on a whim. Unfortunately he died of an infection a couple years later…before he gotto big to handle.

We now just have an 18 y/o Italian Greyhound and a Sonoran Desert Tortoise our vet gave me. She was the size of a ping pong ball when we got her. Now she’s about 8” across.

Super Fuckin User

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    347 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zionoir626 View Post
    You might have your hands full with a hybrid in the mix..
    They go thru some strange stages..not like dogs a all..

The first 8 to 12 months they are scared of everything..
    Then one day..like a light switch...the want to Kill everything..thats a huge challenge..
    But around yr 3 they start to calm and find themselves..

Get ready to be totally blow away..Once you get a Wolf-hybrid..nothing else compares..
    Too damn smart..for one..trained mine at yr 2 with a shock collar..best thing if you need Jim off-leash..
    Yeah he's a handful, but I've been working with K9s for 20+ years mostly aggressives, I was a K9 Trainer/Handler for USG, and I actively volunteer any extra time on a wolf preserve which allowed me a wealthy education. You're right though the hybrid aren't for first time dog owners nor weak handed folks. What other K9 sees you digging and just starts helping??? Lol.

How'd the shocker work? I haven't leashed any my dogs once past whatever issues they were having. The prey drive is there but I think integrating him into the pack as a pup with female alphas helped curtail that and help him learn how to "act"
    Ready On Deck

Super Fuckin User

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    347 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CoachCabo View Post
    I had a racoon as a teenager. Was super cool until it wasn’t. Got vicious at about 8 months.
    When I was single I bred snakes and lizards. Had between 300-400 animals at one time. A year prior to moving to Mexico I had a trio of albino Western Diamondbacks and a Cyclura iguana, all of which I gave up because I thought I couldn’t take them down with me.

I also gave up my Red Fronted Macaw for the same reason and that I seriously regret. I put a lot of time into him from a chick, teaching him to free fly and return, not be mean and tolerate strangers. He was never destructive and aside from being LOUD, he was a perfect bird.

Over about a 12 year period I collected unwanted parrots and found homes for them. Some came to me as real sad stories so I feel blessed to have been able to help them.

We have had as many as five dogs at a time but all got old (a 20 y/o Jack Russell!) and we are down to one now.

I rescued a crocodile from certain death at the hands of a local teenager who bought him on a whim. Unfortunately he died of an infection a couple years later…before he gotto big to handle.

We now just have an 18 y/o Italian Greyhound and a Sonoran Desert Tortoise our vet gave me. She was the size of a ping pong ball when we got her. Now she’s about 8” across.
    Tortoise!! That's word!
    Ready On Deck

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    415 Posts
    Rep Points

My friend had same dog in our childhood. I was ever so scared to be around her. There was a feeling that she would attack me any moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifter916 View Post
    Most current guy here... Have had other breeds over the years but pits and bulldogs are my #1 go-to. They get a negative view by most in the general public but it's all in how you raise them. If you neglect them and fight them, ECT...then yes they are going to be vicious and out of control. Raise and treat them right, great dogs and very loving. Just don't break into my house..once he grabs on you will have to shoot him or stab him in the eye lol.

We provide DOMESTIC shipping within USA
    Drugsgear.com
    contact me Dgear@protonmail.com

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    415 Posts
    Rep Points

I have never owned any unusual pets. The crocodile is cool, but it must be difficult to care for him and, besides, replies can’t be tamed.

Drugsgear.com

Super Fuckin User

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    347 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drugsgear View Post
    I have never owned any unusual pets. The crocodile is cool, but it must be difficult to care for him and, besides, replies can’t be tamed.
    I didn't choose the unusual pets; I had the opportunity in 5th grade to look after a Rosy Red Tarrantula for spring break. My dad went ape shit. So I had nothing but reptiles and amphibians and the family dog until I was 17. Exotics are easier to care than you'd think.
    Ready On Deck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,507 Posts
    Rep Points

Reptiles, namely lizards, crocodilians and tortoises can definitely be trained and tamed. Snakes can become conditioned but some times this is bad. Like when cobras get used to you and stop hooding. Hooding is when they are the most predictable and easiest to handle.
    Tortoises can be as tame as a dog, coming when called and wanting to be part of the family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,255 Posts
    Rep Points

I've used the shock collar after regular leash training..mainly to give Gab more freedom..I use the ones with vibrate..tone and shock..all of which can be adjusted..They have gone way done in price..and work really well once the animal starts to understand whats going on..Plus with an Off-leash animal in public it's a safety back-up..if something goes sideways..as it often does

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,527 Posts
    Rep Points

@ ready on deck; bro that is one of the most beautiful dogs I’ve ever seen… the husky or Belgian mix there. That’s right up my alley. I love my gsd/husky mix. You ever check out the NAID breed? I love smart and loving dogs and my boy is both. He’s 3 now and I miss him everyday I’m at work can’t imagine losing him. He waits for me at the end of the drive and literally walks my truck to where I park it and patiently waits for me to exit the vehicle and give him some luvins.

@ coach; my dad had a pet raccoon when I was really young. He had to let it back out in the wild after it bit the tip of his index finger in two. His finger never healed and there’s a gap missing and his finger nail doesn’t grow on that finger. They are related to the bear family but definitely get aggressive. And there penis bone (bacalum) was/is used as a “lucky charm” and/or a toothpick by them good ol boys in the Appalachian and south. Lol
    “Tape on a dick you twat waffle” - IronRage & Dale C.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    415 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ReadyOnDeck View Post
    I didn't choose the unusual pets; I had the opportunity in 5th grade to look after a Rosy Red Tarrantula for spring break. My dad went ape shit. So I had nothing but reptiles and amphibians and the family dog until I was 17. Exotics are easier to care than you'd think.
    I understand your father, as I am an arachnophobe. For me, a spider is not a pet, but a nightmare

Drugsgear.com

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    415 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CoachCabo View Post
    Reptiles, namely lizards, crocodilians and tortoises can definitely be trained and tamed. Snakes can become conditioned but some times this is bad. Like when cobras get used to you and stop hooding. Hooding is when they are the most predictable and easiest to handle.
    Tortoises can be as tame as a dog, coming when called and wanting to be part of the family.
    I never heard about this before, I could not even think that a turtle can be tamed and it is social to people. Plus, do cobras really stop hooding because they feel you are the part of their family?

Drugsgear.com