United States of China
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,008 Posts
    Rep Points

Arnold Schwarzenegger Addresses His Recent Screw Your Freedom Remarks

Arnold Schwarzenegger included the controversial topic in his recent newsletter where he shared more of his thoughts on the situation that caused tons of backlash.

At 74 years old, Arnold Schwarzenegger shows no signs of putting his foot on the brakes of life. The former Governor of California regularly puts out his newsletter where he shares the many things going on in his world and hes got lots to say. But its no surprise he addressed the elephant in the room once more; his controversial screw your freedom statement during a CNN interview regarding the Covid situation.

The comment caused major backlash and it also lost him many longtime fans.

As youre probably aware, the action movie legend has been vocal about the importance of taking the necessary safety precautions during these difficult times. In a previous newsletter, the bodybuilding legend admitted that its the only subject that can make him lose his temper.

He also admitted that what he said may have been a little much, even if his opinion about the situation didnt change. But something to this extent isnt forgotten so quickly and will probably be talked about for a long time.

In Schwarzeneggers recent column, he addressed the reactions to his comment again, saying that news outlets decided to take one line out of a conversation and run with it and that some fitness influencers decided to no longer support him, which hes fine with.

But he insists that the comment was taken out of context.

Thats fine! They have the right to choose clickbait instead of informing their audience.

If they listened to the whole quote, they would have realized that I am talking about all of the whiny babies that I see going viral on the internet who think that being asked to put on a mask is a perfect reason to throw a toddler fit in a grocery store and look like an absolute child, wrote Schwarzenegger.

In the CNN interview and in his previous post, Schwarzenegger placed an emphasis on the importance of responsibility as an American citizen.

These are people who yell FREEDOM in their American flag hats while not taking any time to study the history of our nation and how freedom and duty have ALWAYS gone hand in hand. They think being an American means not caring about their fellow Americans, and Im sorry, I cant accept that.

Following his remarks, the CEO of supplement brand REDCON1 Aaron Singerman decided not to sponsor any Arnold events.

4x Worlds Strongest Man champion Brian Shaw took down his poster of Arnold Schwarzenegger from his gym wall. Then, Calum Von Moger, the man who played Schwarzenegger in the film Bigger, also took down his posters of the fitness icon.

This was also acknowledged by Arnold in the newsletter.

With all of this going on, it was a wild week! One of my favorite strongmen Ive ever worked with took my poster off of his gym wall, then a bodybuilder who played me in a movie copied that move, which wasnt very creative. We lost a sponsor of the Arnold Sports Festival, we added new sponsors immediately.
    PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,284 Posts
    Rep Points

Arnie trying to squirm his way out of it.
    He's scared of being a "no-one" so acts like a globalist-Tard. Put his foot (and an ugly maid's box) in his mouth.
    (Also rich guys c0cks back in the day).
    Now he's seeing his bodybuilding event taking a hit from sponsors (dollars) so talks of changing the name even. (panic).

He needs to go age gracefully, and not tell people how to 'wash their hands'.
    ~
    [[[[------------------]]]]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    241 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Admin View Post
    Arnold Schwarzenegger included the controversial topic in his recent newsletter where he shared more of his thoughts on the situation that caused tons of backlash.

At 74 years old, Arnold Schwarzenegger shows no signs of putting his foot on the brakes of life. The former Governor of California regularly puts out his newsletter where he shares the many things going on in his world and hes got lots to say. But its no surprise he addressed the elephant in the room once more; his controversial screw your freedom statement during a CNN interview regarding the Covid situation.

The comment caused major backlash and it also lost him many longtime fans.

As youre probably aware, the action movie legend has been vocal about the importance of taking the necessary safety precautions during these difficult times. In a previous newsletter, the bodybuilding legend admitted that its the only subject that can make him lose his temper.

He also admitted that what he said may have been a little much, even if his opinion about the situation didnt change. But something to this extent isnt forgotten so quickly and will probably be talked about for a long time.

In Schwarzeneggers recent column, he addressed the reactions to his comment again, saying that news outlets decided to take one line out of a conversation and run with it and that some fitness influencers decided to no longer support him, which hes fine with.

But he insists that the comment was taken out of context.

Thats fine! They have the right to choose clickbait instead of informing their audience.

If they listened to the whole quote, they would have realized that I am talking about all of the whiny babies that I see going viral on the internet who think that being asked to put on a mask is a perfect reason to throw a toddler fit in a grocery store and look like an absolute child, wrote Schwarzenegger.

In the CNN interview and in his previous post, Schwarzenegger placed an emphasis on the importance of responsibility as an American citizen.

These are people who yell FREEDOM in their American flag hats while not taking any time to study the history of our nation and how freedom and duty have ALWAYS gone hand in hand. They think being an American means not caring about their fellow Americans, and Im sorry, I cant accept that.

Following his remarks, the CEO of supplement brand REDCON1 Aaron Singerman decided not to sponsor any Arnold events.

4x Worlds Strongest Man champion Brian Shaw took down his poster of Arnold Schwarzenegger from his gym wall. Then, Calum Von Moger, the man who played Schwarzenegger in the film Bigger, also took down his posters of the fitness icon.

This was also acknowledged by Arnold in the newsletter.

With all of this going on, it was a wild week! One of my favorite strongmen Ive ever worked with took my poster off of his gym wall, then a bodybuilder who played me in a movie copied that move, which wasnt very creative. We lost a sponsor of the Arnold Sports Festival, we added new sponsors immediately.
    The man is irrelevant. Whatever he was, he isnt anymore. Which makes him a has been. I wish he would retire from the spotlight instead of speaking on behalf of a group he is no longer a part of. Over the years Ive always been amazed of how outdated his information is on BB subjects and yet no one calls him out for it. I understand that its out of respect for who he was but I hope thats changed now.