• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

looking to cycle after 20 years

ELMK

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
so back to iron after a long break - 20 years.

i have been active all these years otherwise on/off training muay thai, yoga and some running (fucking hate running) - so i haven't been totally stale.

started iron a few months ago - and it's been thoroughly enjoyable! gawd damn - didn't realize i would miss it so much. :)

anyways - i am considering a cycle in the coming months. would really like some advice.

so i have read suggestions that maybe begin with a cycle of tren enth for maybe 8 to 12 weeks? and then some pct - nolva?

i am not intending to start heavy - thought this might be a decent start?

cheers.
elem

“Start light”- tren enanthate for 8-12 weeks? Tren only? Who suggested this? ignore them.
just take 500mg test enanthate or cyp for 10-12 weeks.

If you haven’t cycled in awhile you will get a lot out of a test only cycle.

1-12 weeks Test E or C 500mg a week
15-18 weeks PCT Nolva 40/40/20/20

Thats a pretty standard beginner cycle. Could add Clomid on top of PCT as well.

Start light with Tren? LMAO.... Yeah if you want to end up trying to hump your own mother and anything that remotely looks female....Stay away mate... until you get back in the game. Like the others wisely said Start with TEST only... I personally would do some sust 250/300 and some Deca for joint pain/stiffness. As little as one 1cc of sust and half a cc of deca would be a good starting point and work from there. JMO

300mg a week Test C and you'll be more then happy

thx all for the clarification. actually - the info was my bad - i had been perusing the web for a few days scouring various discussion posts elsewhere.

i had my doubts - which is why i decided to join this forum.

so i'll begin something like...

10/12 weeks of test e or c 300/500 per week
15/18 weeks of nolva (& clomid) 40/40/20/20

does PCT generally start well after your cycle?

concerning joints and stiffness - is there an alternative to deca? i'm preferring the test only cycle.

How old are you? I'm guessing at least your 40's by the fact you've been "off for 20yrs". PCT at that age is going to be hard. And what would be the point? Your natural production is already disappearing by this point in life. Are you ready to be on trt from now on? I'm not saying you can't pct, but these are the things you need to think about.

First cycle of test cyp/enth only for 12-16wks, 500mg total EW, but split dose into 250mg two times per week. Have an AI on hand in case you need it.

IML Gear Cream!
sorry for late reply.

i am 49 - so it's fair to say 50.

firstly, i'm not from the states - i'm in the EU and i'm not even sure that there are TRT options here - would have to sort and find out.

also - i am not familiar with some of acronyms you have mentioned - EW? and what does AI on-hand mean? :)

i guess i am needing a better understanding on how PCT works. when i juiced 20 something years ago - i remember the major preventative and scare was gynecomastia.

ah okay -

ew aka everyweek and ai aka aromatase inhibitor - thank you google.

Well glad to see a New surge..of older members,older members that have recently returned to the Fold and even just older New guys..
With that being said..
There is no Magic Bullet..No New Way to cut yrs off of training or a Cycle that will take you back to the 20's or 30's..

It's still putting the Time and Dedication it requires for results wanted..Bottom Line...
After the 40 mark things change and that 50 mark is a real MoFo..
Moreover..jumping back into it Needs to be done after you get thoroughly checked out..and I don't mean a yearly physical..If you don't..then you're asking for some Bad Times ahead..

If you are without real problems..then one should still ease back into it..Not What any old Lion wants to hear..but it just might what you need to hear..I have real problems as many OF us do..I try my best to work around them to stay on the Iron.. Just like many..

I never looked at it from this perspective..Until I got the News..So now I'm an advocate for others to not be foolish and think we are bulletproof..But also a advocate to push the odds and follow the Heart..but keeping health No.1

So,I'm glad many are getting back to it..look at from a different light..10yrs..20..?? Before..I could do

Get in real shape
Then investigate TRT
250mg / w will feel genuinely great and you won't have to deal with the off cycle bs
Get all the ducks in a row first
Do you wanna have HCG, kinda important question, a lot of opinions out there
How will you do E management
Over 40, not a competitor, TRT!

I am also gonna be 50 this year and havnt stepped into a gym in over 20 yrs . That being said , I started a gym membership in august ( just over 2 and a half months now). I have come along decent in this time . Pretty amazing how far I have come in such a short time , and how many of my coworkers are amazed how different I look. Don’t hesitate, you will look and feel better ! Maybe I can keep up with my kids a little better now !!

Back