• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Anyone else's wives like mine?

dnewell2004

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Sorry Kilsong partners...anyone else's partners like this? So my rust buckets gas tank strap broke so I ratchet strapped it back up. It's getting pretty bad. It starts and drives great just little things are really starting to go one after another. I get pre-approved for up to 35k. We go look for a car for me and now we're(shes)debating on a new car for her and giving me her journey. Wtf. I don't want that damn thing. The dash kit to put my stereo in is $450 and the car payment for what she wants is $575.

Oh well happy wife happy life right

Rant over

Sorry Kilsong partners...anyone else's partners like this? So my rust buckets gas tank strap broke so I ratchet strapped it back up. It's getting pretty bad. It starts and drives great just little things are really starting to go one after another. I get pre-approved for up to 35k. We go look for a car for me and now we're(shes)debating on a new car for her and giving me her journey. Wtf. I don't want that damn thing. The dash kit to put my stereo in is $450 and the car payment for what she wants is $575.

Rant over

this just made me so sad.

kind of screams red flags she has no regard for what you care or want and is willing to freely spend your money, a third of a hundred grand, on a car when she has a perfectly good one you already bought her; because she wants something new.

I wouldn’t do it. But it’s likely to late in your relationship and she has you by the balls already.

Best of luck man.

It truly is easier if the wife has a reliable vehicle. It could be a mini van or a station wagon you got stuck with.

Edit to add: Wait...is her vehicle ok and she's just wanting new? Or is hers older and needs replaced too?

Last edited:
this just made me so sad.

kind of screams red flags she has no regard for what you care or want and is willing to freely spend your money, a third of a hundred grand, on a car when she has a perfectly good one you already bought her; because she wants something new.

I wouldn’t do it. But it’s likely to late in your relationship and she has you by the balls already.

Best of luck man.
Definitely has my balls

Get her a bus pass,

It truly is easier if the wife has a reliable vehicle. It could be a mini van or a station wagon you got stuck with.

Edit to add: Wait...is her vehicle ok and she's just wanting new? Or is hers older and needs replaced too?
She's got a 2015 dodge journey.

I have a 2000 durango rust bucket.

Daughter has a 2007 Nitro.

I'd rather take a loss on the journey and trade it in for a used new car for her and keep my rango that's falling apart.

Bad thing is I've been in a funk. No motivation haven't taken any gear or worked out going on 3 weeks. Went and test drove a turbo charged chevy HHR and was pumped. Was going to fill out and app for it.. got pre-approved for the 35k and Now I feel shitty again like I'm not supposed to get anything just give.

Rant over

YOU BIGOT!!!!

those men are women if they say they are....lol

IML Gear Cream!
I've had an Escalade ever since I met my wife and guess what car she wanted, a Cadillac lol. Good thing shes happy with an older ATS. Happy wife happy life.

I've had an Escalade ever since I met my wife and guess what car she wanted, a Cadillac lol. Good thing shes happy with an older ATS. Happy wife happy life.

I drive older vehicles so my wife can have new, 1989 Ford Bronco, 1967 Mercury Cougar, 1970 Ford Maverick. Old School fo life!!!!

Rant over

My wife always gets the new car... that's how I want it. I always want her in the most reliable car we own. Im just protective over her. She drives a 2021 4 runner and I drive a 2013 4 runner. But we buy all our cars new and dont beat the shit out of them so they are both really reliable. but unless we get to a point to where we are able to buy 2 new cars at once she will always get the new car.

Damn I haven't had a car payment in almost 20yrs.....how come every happy wife, happy life guy I know is always complaining or trying to convince some other guy that's the case. Whatever woman made up that phrase , wore the pants I guarantee

Damn I haven't had a car payment in almost 20yrs.....how come every happy wife, happy life guy I know is always complaining or trying to convince some other guy that's the case. Whatever woman made up that phrase , wore the pants I guarantee

While I am not disagreeing, sometimes it comes down to time. Even as somebody that has A.S.E. Master Tech credentials I no longer do it for living. I just prefer to work on my hotrods and the dealer can warranty their junk. Once out of warranty trade it back in and get another.

My wife would take the new car and drive over to another one of my relatives house and fuck them too so no I’m sorry I can’t relate. Lol

Rant over

My wife wants a new Tesla, pretty sure Elon is the antichrist. Everyone freaks out about QR codes saying they are the mark of the beast and Elon is hawking a Neuralink (literally a micro chip in your brain) and people are like "oh cool sign me up" !

Anyway, I do like Tesla.

Get Shredded!
My wife wants a new Tesla, pretty sure Elon is the antichrist. Everyone freaks out about QR codes saying they are the mark of the beast and Elon is hawking a Neuralink (literally a micro chip in your brain) and people are like "oh cool sign me up" !

Anyway, I do like Tesla.
I don't get the hype with them...supped up prius

I don't get the hype with them...supped up prius
You can do wireless updates while its parked in your garage and wake up the next morning with a better suspension and more HP. They are not just a car.

I drive older vehicles so my wife can have new, 1989 Ford Bronco, 1967 Mercury Cougar, 1970 Ford Maverick. Old School fo life!!!!

Those are some classics! For me, I take the newer car. Because when my wife pulls up with her car to tell me shes outside, shes sitting in the passenger seat waiting for me to drive.

My wife would take the new car and drive over to another one of my relatives house and fuck them too so no I’m sorry I can’t relate. Lol

Love ya man hahaha....Let me tell you bro this what I was trying to tell ya in your thread ..the stress, the constant worrying, the constant wondering and lost of trust takes a huge toll on us ....and dont let no one tell you your wrong for feeling this way or its because you have control issues or heres a famous one your insecure!! If the shoe was on my foot I would said same shit you did to her face lmao ....

Last edited:
Bad thing is I've been in a funk. No motivation haven't taken any gear or worked out going on 3 weeks. Went and test drove a turbo charged chevy HHR and was pumped. Was going to fill out and app for it.. got pre-approved for the 35k and Now I feel shitty again like I'm not supposed to get anything just give.
Welcome to parenting.

And the people around you put up with you, so tuff it up.

Those are some classics! For me, I take the newer car. Because when my wife pulls up with her car to tell me shes outside, shes sitting in the passenger seat waiting for me to drive.

Technically The maverick is on the chassis jig I built for it in pieces. I can't afford to finish it just yet. The Cougar I just put another built transmission in it and it stays at my mom's house. We do not get along per se and it's still in her name, but my father left it to me. She may screw me out of it...but I'm the only one that can care for it and work on it. The bronco is up and running. It has no top year round in the midwest. I'm crazy like that. Rain, snow, heat wave, do not care. I enjoy it that way. I'm country tough/rough but city smart. It's not stock and I off-road it at times. I am looking for something else just have not found what I want. Maybe a 1985-1988 Thunderbird. I owned an 88 turbocoupe and loved that car. Seen some for reasonable seen some for mega bucks. I'll prolly buy one this spring.

Why does your wife need a vehicle?

I feel like I’m repeating myself here but…. Wives belong in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant. Get her a dog (German Shepherd) for protection.

and for the love of all that is holy get yourself a pick up truck so you can get shit done. Disciplined wife = Happy husband = happy life!

My buddy bought his wife a used, but super pimp T&C van for his wife and kids. Paid cash for it. Then he decided he didn’t need his stupid looking jacked up truck like dudes in Florida seem to drive. He wanted something with a small or no payment instead of the $500/month one he had. So as he’s shopping around on the internet she starts stamping her feet like a child “I want a new car too!”
Apparently all the cackling hens she hangs out with have those big ass Infiniti SUVs.
He says “No way, no how!”

I pull into his driveway a year later and his USMC plate is on the van and there’s a new, black Infiniti SUV in the drive with her “Marathoning Momma” bumper sticker.

Lol!

I drive an 11yo Tundra. My wife has an Audi Q5. And she never drives.
Sometimes you can’t win.

Last edited:
Back