Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by AR-15 View Post
    My wife would take the new car and drive over to another one of my relatives house and fuck them too so no I’m sorry I can’t relate. Lol
    haha damn bro. Things still messy?

I hope you can come to terms with this soon. I don’t mean to laugh at your misfortune but that hit the ol funny bone right in the funny bone.

things will get better dude. Try to focus on something else. I know, easier said than done. Good luck bro

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Rep Points

I want a 1980’s (square frame) Toyota 4x4. Apparently these things are invincible…. If you can rust proof it anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dnewell2004 View Post
    Bad thing is I've been in a funk. No motivation haven't taken any gear or worked out going on 3 weeks. Went and test drove a turbo charged chevy HHR and was pumped. Was going to fill out and app for it.. got pre-approved for the 35k and Now I feel shitty again like I'm not supposed to get anything just give.
    You just shared the most important part of the story, you are in a FUNK. Not sure where you are in your life, age, job/career, etc, but making a purchase of 35k is a big deal when you have the money, but making a 35k loan is bigger and arguably a bad decision. Have it been around the block a few times, if I could do it again I would never, NEVER, make another loan for a vehicle. The feeling you had for the moment when you sat in that new truck, that wears off and when it does your left with the $35,000 loan to repay. Now, I know the lure of the “new” often grabs guys by the balls and there’s not much I or anyone could say to change their mind but maybe do some research on what a loan of that size costs you? Then take a look at depreciation, the vehicles ability to retain its value over time and miles and ask yourself if this is really a wise decision or is a temporary solution to the “FUNK” problem? I grew up fast, no real father to show me the ropes, so failure has been my mentor for the past 30 years. Fortunate for me God made me resilient and tenacious like mofo and today I have enough past to make my present manageable and even enjoyable. He’s my last swing at some good advice…wait…give the $35,000 sentence more thought. Look up Dave Ramsey and listen to some money management stuff he teaches and take back you life! You must be a fighter or you wouldn’t be here, time to get back in the ring!

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,007 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lang View Post
    You just shared the most important part of the story, you are in a FUNK. Not sure where you are in your life, age, job/career, etc, but making a purchase of 35k is a big deal when you have the money, but making a 35k loan is bigger and arguably a bad decision. Have it been around the block a few times, if I could do it again I would never, NEVER, make another loan for a vehicle. The feeling you had for the moment when you sat in that new truck, that wears off and when it does your left with the $35,000 loan to repay. Now, I know the lure of the “new” often grabs guys by the balls and there’s not much I or anyone could say to change their mind but maybe do some research on what a loan of that size costs you? Then take a look at depreciation, the vehicles ability to retain its value over time and miles and ask yourself if this is really a wise decision or is a temporary solution to the “FUNK” problem? I grew up fast, no real father to show me the ropes, so failure has been my mentor for the past 30 years. Fortunate for me God made me resilient and tenacious like mofo and today I have enough past to make my present manageable and even enjoyable. He’s my last swing at some good advice…wait…give the $35,000 sentence more thought. Look up Dave Ramsey and listen to some money management stuff he teaches and take back you life! You must be a fighter or you wouldn’t be here, time to get back in the ring!
    It's an ego thing. We love new shit and toys. It can make you feel good for awhile. New house can last a year or two.

But eventually, it wears off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    548 Posts
    Rep Points

My wife has an uncanny ability to pick the most expensive (of anything really) car on a lot. From 10 acres of cars she’ll point at a car on the horizon and say “I want that one”.

We’ll trundle over the find it to be the most expensive option available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    686 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    I want a 1980’s (square frame) Toyota 4x4. Apparently these things are invincible…. If you can rust proof it anyway.

Yeah rust is an issue with many Jap cars of the 80's. But yes they are well built otherwise and great off-road machines.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    686 Posts
    Rep Points

Why does your wife need a vehicle?

I feel like I’m repeating myself here but…. Wives belong in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant. Get her a dog (German Shepherd) for protection.

and for the love of all that is holy get yourself a pick up truck so you can get shit done. Disciplined wife = Happy husband = happy life!

Just be careful they do not start banging the German Shepard... Those knots can really "tie" your gal up for while...... and they say men ar dogs that will screw anything... anytime I hear that shit, I pull up a dog/pony show to shut those women up...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Why does your wife need a vehicle?

I feel like I’m repeating myself here but…. Wives belong in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant. Get her a dog (German Shepherd) for protection.

and for the love of all that is holy get yourself a pick up truck so you can get shit done. Disciplined wife = Happy husband = happy life!

Just be careful they do not start banging the German Shepard... Those knots can really "tie" your gal up for while...... and they say men are dogs that will screw anything... anytime I hear that shit, I pull up a dog/pony show to shut those women up...lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Rep Points

100% I always get her scraps and she gets the newest vehicle to haul around our 5 kids. I feel better knowing that if somebody breaks down it's probably me. Cars are depreciating rust-buckets anyway. I don't need a sports car or anything to impress people.

My favorite car ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured78 View Post
    She needs to be in a safe reliable vehicle. After that, then you worry about you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Rep Points

Damn, I would be bummed out too if I were getting a journey. Good luck getting the ride you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Rep Points

The wife/girlfriend needs to be in the newer, nicer car for safety reasons if nothing else. These guys telling u ur pussy whipped or whatever are just jealous they don't have one. I for 1 like the pussy that whips me. And for that matter, I like it when she has me by the balls- as long as she doesn't squeeze TOO tight. I drive a decent car too, but my woman will ALWAYS drive the nicer, more reliable one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    686 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
    The wife/girlfriend needs to be in the newer, nicer car for safety reasons if nothing else. These guys telling u ur pussy whipped or whatever are just jealous they don't have one. I for 1 like the pussy that whips me. And for that matter, I like it when she has me by the balls- as long as she doesn't squeeze TOO tight. I drive a decent car too, but my woman will ALWAYS drive the nicer, more reliable one.
    How it should be sir, a man should provide for his wife. He should always put her and the kids first....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    329 Posts
    Rep Points

We have been leasing cars for 20 years, payments always over 1000 a month,
    right now shes in a 2020 Audi A5 convertible @ $650 and I'm in a 2021 Jeep grand cherokee @ $460. also pay for my sons Hyundai @$404 a month...

EDIT: Honeybear should always be in the new car, her breaking down is pain you don't want to endure...
    Last edited by reddog309; 08-25-2021 at 09:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    422 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
    Bet you can't guess what I drive nowResized_20210116_113837.jpgAttachment 64791

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Rep Points

I’ll take Dodge Journey for 500 Alex?

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,524 Posts
    Rep Points

I’m trying to convince my father in law to give me his 2018 Tahoe…. As reparations for marrying his daughter. So far it’s “kick rocks” but he’s getting softer with his old age.

I tell ya what dnewell…. I know you’ve prolly heard this and I know it’s easy to say… but…start forcing yourself to see the positive things and start the day off listing things you really are grateful for and I think you’ll see your luck will change. Mind over matter bro… if you don’t mind, it don’t matter.