• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Why Every Bodybuilder Should Take Probiotics For Overall Performance

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
The benefits for a probiotic go far beyond better digestion and every bodybuilder should consider taking them.

Many associate probiotics as simply a supplement to aid in digestion and keep you running regularly. But the pros of probiotic supplements, especially for bodybuilders, goes far beyond simply that. Research has proven that bacteria found in your gut has great benefit to your health and athletic performance, making this a staple for a bodybuilder’s diet when paired with food. Probiotic supplements are great for gaining size and with a regular source of them, your chance at optimal mass growth greatly increase with these products.

What Are Probiotics?
Your body is full of good and bad bacteria. Probiotic supplements are considered to be the good guys and are live bacteria and yeasts that have a plethora of pros, most notably in your digestive system to help keep it clean. By keeping your gut clean, probiotic supplements have been proven to increase muscle growth as a result of providing your body with the essential tools to absorb nutrients from your food. So, a cleaner gut equals more nutrients which equals more mass. Stress is known to damage your muscles and probiotics aids in the regulation of the production of stress as well. While you can get probiotics from supplements, much of the food we eat also contains plenty of this bacteria to aid in gut health and probiotic products can really help.

Types Of Probiotics
Two of the most common groups of probiotics are Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium. Each of these has different species, resulting in different strains, so it is important to find the right one for you. A general rule when choosing a probiotic is that more strains are preferred. This will increase the chances that at least one, or several, will colonize in your gut. The label will also have a number in the billions, which is the number of bacteria that form colonies, also called Colony Forming Units (CFU). Roughly three billion CFU’s is a reasonable starting number for a healthy adult, but again, it all depends on how you feel and adjust to taking healthy probiotic digestive products.

Benefits Of Probiotics
The pros of choosing a probiotic are what bodybuilders will love. A solid ratio of beneficial bacteria to other bacteria has been shown to improve blood lipid levels, reduced damage, and assist recovery. It can influence a bodybuilders body mass composition, which is the proportion of fat and non-fat mass in the body. Through this, the ability for growth is increased and those gains will come to fruition. The impact on recovery is due to the fact it can reduce inflammation so that stress endured during the workout won’t punish you later and digestive health and overall gut health will ensure no nutrients go to waste.

Helping to boost your metabolism is key for you can eat more frequently and without worrying about packing on the pounds, keeping your body fueled and engaged. With its well-known benefits of promoting digestive health, your body is able to absorb more of those essential nutrients and provide you with the much-needed energy to fuel those grueling workouts.

Probiotic strains have also been shown to increase mental health including attitude, mood, and your level of pain tolerance. These are important to training for how you feel is how you act. If you feel great, you are more likely to work hard in the gym and those gains are sure to show. While it could go without saying, all of these benefits are connected to complete a well-rounded training cycle. A boost in your metabolism will keep your body regularly absorbing those essential nutrients and allow for increased growth. Reducing inflammation will aid in recovery and your mindset will be there to work hard and improve endurance to make those lasting effects count.

Food With Good Bacteria

Yogurt
Yogurt is a great source of probiotic benefits for it starts as milk and is then fermented using the live cultures of solid bacteria probiotic strains. Even after processing, many of these beneficial bacteria stick around. The probiotics that exist in yogurt will promote a healthy gut and the high calcium count is a benefit for strong bones and will promote digestive health and weight loss.

Kombucha
Kombucha has been on the rise as a health trend and the reasons are obvious. It is a drink created from fermented black or green tea along with sugar, yeast, and bacteria. It promotes solid digestion and is also linked to being an immune booster and can support joint health. It also aids in the natural detoxification of your liver and support your immune system and digestive health, as well as weight loss.

Sauerkraut
This sour and salty cabbage is a great source of probiotic benefits and is rich is lactic acid bacteria. Although high in sodium, sauerkraut has good levels of fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants.

Dark chocolate
While chocolate does not contain probiotics, it can help them survive the high levels of acidity in the digestive tract making it a solid carrier. Probiotics can be added to dark chocolate and it will help them survive. Dark chocolate is an antioxidant rich superfood which is beneficial to your overall health and wellness.

Tempeh
Tempeh is a popular meat substitute derived from fermented soybeans. Since fermentation requires adequate levels of live bacteria, tempeh is full of them. As a great alternative protein source, tempeh is full of probiotics and vitamin B12.

Cheese
Cheese is a great source of probiotics because bacteria can survive the process of cheese-making. As a solid source of protein, cheese is a great food to add to your diet for more than just the beneficial bacteria. Whether it be mozzarella, cheddar, cottage cheese, gouda, or feta, all contain probiotic properties to give you that solid boost of this beneficial bacteria for your immune system.

Wrap Up
Probiotics are a great way to boost your training and bring you to the next level. With so much to offer, the pros should make you want to try them and see for yourself what they can do. With their ability to promote solid digestion, absorb those much needed nutrients, support growth, and help your overall mental state, probiotics are worth looking into if you’re a bodybuilder seeking big gains. Try as a supplement or incorporate more of these foods that have good bacteria into your diet and help yourself look and feel great.

Your stomach has millions and millions of good and bad bacteria. Adding probiotics is like putting a drop of chlorine in a swimming pool.

I think it just depends on the person myself. Some people swear by them (my wife) and then others like myself think it’s a big waste of money.

Your stomach has millions and millions of good and bad bacteria. Adding probiotics is like putting a drop of chlorine in a swimming pool.

I think it just depends on the person myself. Some people swear by them (my wife) and then others like myself think it’s a big waste of money.
Just because people think it’s doing something doesn’t mean it’s actually effective. Placebo is a very real thing.

Just because people think it’s doing something doesn’t mean it’s actually effective. Placebo is a very real thing.

You are correct, the power of the mind is very real. I actually believe our body can heal most things that ail it!, if we just believe enough and have a stress free environment. Stress itself can kill you, so why wouldn't peace and tranquility heal you.

That said, probiotics are actually helpful. So much so, that in some cases if your guy flora gets wiped they will take poop from a proper donor, typically a mother, process it(dry it) put it in a capsule and prescribe it to the patient in question. Many animals in the animal kingdom will feed their babies Poo, to kickstart the process as well. Elephants will seek out mineral rich clay and eat it for similar purposes albeit more for nutrition they would never get otherwise. You wonder how do they know to do that...

Probiotics definitely help me with gut bloat when I’m sucking down the calories. Metamucil helps me shit. And steroids help me recover from workouts much faster.

I guess all 3 could be placebo tho… 🤔

Probiotics definitely help me with acid reflux

Back