• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What helps with your depression?

cujo200231

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
For any of you that have suffered from depression, What has made you feel "happy" or not the feeling of emptiness? I can't see a dr until the end of september. So in the meantime i have some prozac that I'm waiting for it to "kick in" and Lortabs work but they are all around bad news. Any help is welcomed!

Exercise, making music play lists for the day,healthy diet, reading the bible. cbd delta8, thc and hhc, all for rest, setting goals and writing down the steps to achieve them, working on goals is full filling for me,

Exercise, making music play lists for the day,healthy diet, reading the bible. cbd delta8, thc and hhc, all for rest, setting goals and writing down the steps to achieve them, working on goals is full filling for me,

I’ll have to look into cbd without the thc. I hate the feeling of being high

Regular cbd for me orally works best in candy or gummy form, not liquid from droppers etc, just my experience, also quality magnesium is something everybody need , and for alota reasons, i use Ultra Mag by source naturals, i take a double dose every evening

Also, my wife uses a "CBG" yes CBG not cbd, one every morning, gives her clarity and a natural energy and focus, its kina expensive but lots of things we do are....
Also i use a hemp bombs pain relief cream with cbd in it, like it better than tiger balm and Icyhot, if u put it on enough places its just like eating some cbd, calms u down

Look into pure sativas, great as anti depressants and no loaded or stoned feeling as long as it's just a hit or two. I smoke all day and nobody knows because its strickly cerebral and I don't get the red eyes/munchies etc. Very alert and attentive while keeping hunger in control. Im usually singing and dancing all day but that's usually me anyway, the world despite its problems is an incredible place with fascinating people...appreciating what we have is the best anti depressant I've found

Weed and booze helped me keep my head above water, especially when I was a young man. I kept my mental issues hidden from my family for years till I had a massive breakdown then I got help. The trigger was the untimely death of my uncle who I was closest to.

Last edited:
As many of you know I worked specfically in this field for many years.

I have administered psych meds and worked in individual counseling and group counseling.

It is my experience that Depression is either chemical or situation based. Situations can make you depressed. Loss of job, divorce, cheating spouse, complacency, lack of purpose, etc.

Drug and alcohol use and other things can cause "chemical" depression, based on lack of brain chemicals, usually a health or psychological issues.

Of course the two can be combined.

You need to first determine what version you have in order to move forward.

Meds are often not the answer, but they also can help as well.

What is going on in your life that you are depressed. Think hard and deep. Not just "I'm sad". What are the reasons? What is bothering you. What is holding you back. What are you currently doing about it to create and make a change? Those are things you need to ask yourself

There is a degree of psychology behind all of it, and the fact is that in counseling, the individual treats themselves. A counselor rarely gives you the exact advice you need to resolve whatever issues you have.

Very often it is as simple as the fact as that you need to be HEARD. You might just need someone to listen and understand and then kick yourself into overdrive and adapt and overcome the situation you are in.

My 2 centz.

Keeping yourself busy so your mind doesn’t have time to think.

I go to work, on down time I’m on here or talking with friends, after I workout, play with my dogs, constantly eating all day, time with the wife when she gets home etc. Don’t have time to be depressed.

Prayer and meditation, yoga, long hikes (with the wife and dogs or alone) and taking time out of a busy day to read a book. Some days you just have to get out of bed and put one foot in front of the other and "fake it till you make it" but it gets easier. It also helps to talk to someone who can provide an neutral outside perspective.

IMO meds are a last resort but for clinical depression often necessary.

IML Gear Cream!
Also look into mushrooms

We have studies that prove mushrooms and other rec drugs. Reset the brain and cure depression. Even LSD has been used.

Get a heavy bag and turn the depression into anger… lol

nah but psilocybin definitely helps, staying busy and taking the dog for a walk … pretty much what everyone else said including limited sativa use… I can’t use indica at all.. messes my head up but I can take mini sativa hits throughout the day and it helps…

now I don’t suffer from any real clinical depression I don’t think…. Just the normal blues we all experience….

whatever you do DONT SELF MEDICATE WITH BOOZE … that’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard and that’s how alcohol can destroy your life…

stay busy but also you need some down time for self reflection and relaxation. If you don’t have kids…. Try having kids… helps you feel less sorry for yourself and more sorry for them and their futures.

Not thinking about or dwelling on depression certainly keeps me from deep into a hole of morbid thoughts. I know it is impossible to stop being depressed by “just snapping out of it” but the thinking makes me worse.
Reminds me of a chronic pain group Kaiser made me go to once. A bunch of people sitting in a circle bitchinng and moaning about their pain and problems, discussing drugs. Fuck that.

The gym helps my depression. The restriction from it last year turned my depression into anger. Not very healthy. So I focused on doing competitions and chugged away.

I agree with Zepp and keeping your mind busy. The only time my depression gets the best of me is when my brain has no tasking.

It’s normal to be sad, bummed, anxious, feel some despair. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. It’s when these thoughts become debilitating that they are a problem.

I'd suggest to learn how dopamine and serotonin alter depression/moods ... and be careful with meds. Sometimes they help, sometimes they dont, and if worse it can take a long time to rebound. For instance, sometimes we eat to get a short spike in pleasure, but then regret it. Sometimes we do rewarding things that make us feel great for hours or longer ... you have to figure out what that is. Try to look at it as a search for happiness.

Surround yourself with things you enjoy and people you enjoy and avoid those people, things, activities, etc. who introduce negativity into your lives.

I'd suggest to learn how dopamine and serotonin alter depression/moods ... and be careful with meds. Sometimes they help, sometimes they dont, and if worse it can take a long time to rebound. For instance, sometimes we eat to get a short spike in pleasure, but then regret it. Sometimes we do rewarding things that make us feel great for hours or longer ... you have to figure out what that is. Try to look at it as a search for happiness.

Surround yourself with things you enjoy and people you enjoy and avoid those people, things, activities, etc. who introduce negativity into your lives.

Yes, this is what scares me about my dr on Friday. Finding. One that cares is hard and they are so fast to pull out the bag of ssris

Get real help if you need it. Depression and suicide run in my family. For me, I don’t get a bit down I will tail spin into a deep, dark depression that makes life impossible. I have been stable now for years w/o a depressive episode.

Things that help me: the right anti-depressant (150mg/day of Bupropion), exercise, regular therapy, eating healthy, staying busy, and for the love of God staying away from Booze.

Also look into mushrooms

We have studies that prove mushrooms and other rec drugs. Reset the brain and cure depression. Even LSD has been used.

The therapeutic value in Psychedelics is seriously underestimated. Certain experiences can have such a profound effect on the way you see yourself, this world, others and the way you fit into the mix. ImE they literally have potential to save your life and abolish toxic ruminating thought processes …. I owe psychedelics a lot for my happiness today. That’s saying a lot considering I haven’t even used them in years…

They also played a huge role in my sobriety today. Not like I just Took them and then suddenly my urge to use was just gone. It’s not like that. They were a tool to dig deep down into the root of the cause and help me find acceptance with the way things are and eased my desire to numb everything away. Helped me see my place in this ride we call life….

I have been following some of your post and have this to say..Some of the compounds,amounts and duration hasn't helped your situation at all..A great deal of PED's come with mental sides,mood swings and downfalls..
If you are pushing such compounds still and trying to cope with other issues,this could be a dead end road..and very well end up bad..Im speaking from a past experiences..that spinned out of control and other substances entered my life..if this is happening now..Get Help...if not yet...Good...
But either way,I'd look at the whole picture and see what's Most important..big arms or sanity..

Just some advice from a friend that went over the edge once before..

Yes, this is what scares me about my dr on Friday. Finding. One that cares is hard and they are so fast to pull out the bag of ssris
Seems that's all doc's want to do...throw the ssri's at you like candy...

Get Shredded!
Are you the same guy that was struggling with opiate addiction/withdrawals?

If so that is probably playing a big role….impossible to get mental health under control while using stuff like that IMHO. Gonna take months maybe years of being sober for drug induced depression to subside… it does get better though and once it does it’s pretty permanent, at least it has been in my case (also recovered from opiates, over 3 years now)

No judgment just my experience, I’m not even sure if that was you or not…

Last edited:
Honestly Brother...if it's something that's interfering with you happeness and well being..or even health..perhaps you need to take some steps back and figure a plan of attack..Like many have said,what's more important to you..??
Many of us have had an unsavoury past with substance abuse..

Man, I can only speak personally from my own demons and battles with depression this year. But the only thing that will truly fill that void for you is God. And I don’t mean RELIGION. I mean Christ.
Religion gets this stigma of judgmental, self-righteous, holier than thou types and that’s just sad, because it turns people away, and makes others give that “eye roll” every time you try to mention Jesus, or Prayer, or reading the Bible. But that’s not how it’s supposed to be.
I recommend looking up the Southeast Christian Church podcast, or more specifically their Pastor, Kyle Idleman. The way he approaches faith isn’t from the typical hellfire and brimstone style, and not the “you’ve gotta be perfect” view. It truly is about just making yourself better, and learning about how to do that through the written word. It’s very uplifting, and has helped me a lot.
Now, I’m by no means perfect, at ALL. But that isn’t what this is about. It’s about self-healing, and if you’re depressed it’s because you have a void in your soul. Alcohol, drugs, depression meds, and AAS won’t fill that.

Also look into mushrooms

This right here is truth. Psychedelic drugs can cure depression and you wouldn’t need to take a “happy pill” every morning ever again. LSD got me off anti depressants in my early 20s. Research it. If not experienced and you go this route I’d advise some one experienced take the trip with you.

Obscured your right! LSD and a few shrooms can flip a switch in your brain and totally change someone’s paradigm. Ive been there. It can also flip it for the worse if not with the right EXPERIENCED people to lead you through it. Been there also. It’s really an incredible experience.

This right here is truth. Psychedelic drugs can cure depression and you wouldn’t need to take a “happy pill” every morning ever again. LSD got me off anti depressants in my early 20s. Research it. If not experienced and you go this route I’d advise some one experienced take the trip with you.

Been meaning to to take a therapeutic trip sometime soon. Just to try and refocus my brain. Feel like I’ve been loosing site of what really matters and been way too stressed out lately.

I’ve been sitting on 2 sheets of some really good shit for 3 or 4 years now… I’m honestly kinda nervous to drop a dose…

For any of you that have suffered from depression, What has made you feel "happy" or not the feeling of emptiness? I can't see a dr until the end of september. So in the meantime i have some prozac that I'm waiting for it to "kick in" and Lortabs work but they are all around bad news. Any help is welcomed!

See a Psychiatrist. Find out your specific mental illness. Educate yourself about it and actively participate in making improvements, for example someone who gets Dialectical behavior therapy (psychotherapy that began with efforts to treat borderline personality disorder) and take medication consistently on time. Your first may not be the one, it is often trial and error, but stay committed and engaged. Meds work, but are only a part of the answer. You have to put in the work.

LowT

Prayer and meditation, yoga, long hikes (with the wife and dogs or alone) and taking time out of a busy day to read a book. Some days you just have to get out of bed and put one foot in front of the other and "fake it till you make it" but it gets easier. It also helps to talk to someone who can provide an neutral outside perspective.

IMO meds are a last resort but for clinical depression often necessary.

This, worked for me also. To this day I try and go hiking at least a few times a month. By hiking I mean easy trails I can get to quick. If I am really down and out though, nothing beats getting on an ATV/dirtbike and getting lost on trails I have never been on before. Wide open.... Then camp wherever I end up...wake up and repeat...

To this day I talk to a counselor once a month. I use to think only pussies did this. That is until I realized just how hard it is to face your demons and look in the mirror. Especially for somebody else to see/hear...

Who cares what your therapist thinks of you bro. Your paying them to sit there and listen so you can get shit off YOUR chest. Every so often they will throw in some advice to help you get through whatever. That’s their job. A good therapist will never judge you period. I go no less than twice a week and I can honestly say without that couple hours a week of me bitching and moaning to her I would have been in the prison a long time ago.

This, worked for me also. To this day I try and go hiking at least a few times a month. By hiking I mean easy trails I can get to quick. If I am really down and out though, nothing beats getting on an ATV/dirtbike and getting lost on trails I have never been on before. Wide open.... Then camp wherever I end up...wake up and repeat...

To this day I talk to a counselor once a month. I use to think only pussies did this. That is until I realized just how hard it is to face your demons and look in the mirror. Especially for somebody else to see/hear...

Back