What helps with your depression?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rep Points

What helps with your depression?

For any of you that have suffered from depression, What has made you feel "happy" or not the feeling of emptiness? I can't see a dr until the end of september. So in the meantime i have some prozac that I'm waiting for it to "kick in" and Lortabs work but they are all around bad news. Any help is welcomed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Rep Points

Exercise, making music play lists for the day,healthy diet, reading the bible. cbd delta8, thc and hhc, all for rest, setting goals and writing down the steps to achieve them, working on goals is full filling for me,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by estrada81 View Post
    Exercise, making music play lists for the day,healthy diet, reading the bible. cbd delta8, thc and hhc, all for rest, setting goals and writing down the steps to achieve them, working on goals is full filling for me,
    I値l have to look into cbd without the thc. I hate the feeling of being high

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by cujo200231 View Post
    Regular cbd for me orally works best in candy or gummy form, not liquid from droppers etc, just my experience, also quality magnesium is something everybody need , and for alota reasons, i use Ultra Mag by source naturals, i take a double dose every evening

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Rep Points

Also, my wife uses a "CBG" yes CBG not cbd, one every morning, gives her clarity and a natural energy and focus, its kina expensive but lots of things we do are....
    Also i use a hemp bombs pain relief cream with cbd in it, like it better than tiger balm and Icyhot, if u put it on enough places its just like eating some cbd, calms u down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Rep Points

Look into pure sativas, great as anti depressants and no loaded or stoned feeling as long as it's just a hit or two. I smoke all day and nobody knows because its strickly cerebral and I don't get the red eyes/munchies etc. Very alert and attentive while keeping hunger in control. Im usually singing and dancing all day but that's usually me anyway, the world despite its problems is an incredible place with fascinating people...appreciating what we have is the best anti depressant I've found
    的t is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.
    ― Frederick Douglass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,702 Posts
    Rep Points

Weed and booze helped me keep my head above water, especially when I was a young man. I kept my mental issues hidden from my family for years till I had a massive breakdown then I got help. The trigger was the untimely death of my uncle who I was closest to.
    Last edited by MindlessWork; 08-16-2021 at 04:02 PM.
    Show me

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,010 Posts
    Rep Points

As many of you know I worked specfically in this field for many years.

I have administered psych meds and worked in individual counseling and group counseling.

It is my experience that Depression is either chemical or situation based. Situations can make you depressed. Loss of job, divorce, cheating spouse, complacency, lack of purpose, etc.

Drug and alcohol use and other things can cause "chemical" depression, based on lack of brain chemicals, usually a health or psychological issues.

Of course the two can be combined.

You need to first determine what version you have in order to move forward.

Meds are often not the answer, but they also can help as well.

What is going on in your life that you are depressed. Think hard and deep. Not just "I'm sad". What are the reasons? What is bothering you. What is holding you back. What are you currently doing about it to create and make a change? Those are things you need to ask yourself

There is a degree of psychology behind all of it, and the fact is that in counseling, the individual treats themselves. A counselor rarely gives you the exact advice you need to resolve whatever issues you have.

Very often it is as simple as the fact as that you need to be HEARD. You might just need someone to listen and understand and then kick yourself into overdrive and adapt and overcome the situation you are in.

My 2 centz.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Rep Points

Keeping yourself busy so your mind doesn稚 have time to think.

I go to work, on down time I知 on here or talking with friends, after I workout, play with my dogs, constantly eating all day, time with the wife when she gets home etc. Don稚 have time to be depressed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Rep Points

Prayer and meditation, yoga, long hikes (with the wife and dogs or alone) and taking time out of a busy day to read a book. Some days you just have to get out of bed and put one foot in front of the other and "fake it till you make it" but it gets easier. It also helps to talk to someone who can provide an neutral outside perspective.

IMO meds are a last resort but for clinical depression often necessary.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,010 Posts
    Rep Points

Also look into mushrooms

We have studies that prove mushrooms and other rec drugs. Reset the brain and cure depression. Even LSD has been used.

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,510 Posts
    Rep Points

Get a heavy bag and turn the depression into anger lol

nah but psilocybin definitely helps, staying busy and taking the dog for a walk pretty much what everyone else said including limited sativa use I can稚 use indica at all.. messes my head up but I can take mini sativa hits throughout the day and it helps

now I don稚 suffer from any real clinical depression I don稚 think. Just the normal blues we all experience.

whatever you do DONT SELF MEDICATE WITH BOOZE that痴 the dumbest thing I致e heard and that痴 how alcohol can destroy your life

stay busy but also you need some down time for self reflection and relaxation. If you don稚 have kids. Try having kids helps you feel less sorry for yourself and more sorry for them and their futures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,469 Posts
    Rep Points

Not thinking about or dwelling on depression certainly keeps me from deep into a hole of morbid thoughts. I know it is impossible to stop being depressed by 屠ust snapping out of it but the thinking makes me worse.
    Reminds me of a chronic pain group Kaiser made me go to once. A bunch of people sitting in a circle bitchinng and moaning about their pain and problems, discussing drugs. Fuck that.

The gym helps my depression. The restriction from it last year turned my depression into anger. Not very healthy. So I focused on doing competitions and chugged away.

I agree with Zepp and keeping your mind busy. The only time my depression gets the best of me is when my brain has no tasking.

It痴 normal to be sad, bummed, anxious, feel some despair. Don稚 let anyone tell you otherwise. It痴 when these thoughts become debilitating that they are a problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts
    Rep Points

I'd suggest to learn how dopamine and serotonin alter depression/moods ... and be careful with meds. Sometimes they help, sometimes they dont, and if worse it can take a long time to rebound. For instance, sometimes we eat to get a short spike in pleasure, but then regret it. Sometimes we do rewarding things that make us feel great for hours or longer ... you have to figure out what that is. Try to look at it as a search for happiness.

Surround yourself with things you enjoy and people you enjoy and avoid those people, things, activities, etc. who introduce negativity into your lives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by FM19 View Post
    I'd suggest to learn how dopamine and serotonin alter depression/moods ... and be careful with meds. Sometimes they help, sometimes they dont, and if worse it can take a long time to rebound. For instance, sometimes we eat to get a short spike in pleasure, but then regret it. Sometimes we do rewarding things that make us feel great for hours or longer ... you have to figure out what that is. Try to look at it as a search for happiness.

Surround yourself with things you enjoy and people you enjoy and avoid those people, things, activities, etc. who introduce negativity into your lives.
    Yes, this is what scares me about my dr on Friday. Finding. One that cares is hard and they are so fast to pull out the bag of ssris