48 and looking to gain like I used to!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points

48 and looking to gain like I used to!

Hey All, I’m a “48 year old never-was” but have always loved the sport! In my middle twenty’s I started a body transformation challenge (EAS, ya’ll probability remember) and as a result I started a life long love with training. As life went on I built a family and several businesses as gradually shifted my focus from body building to career building but always tried to keep trim and at times even ripped. I’ve been on AAS now for the past 20 years and stopped cycling long ago. I have never had issues with gear and love my life on it. As of late it seems all the good guys, or at least the ones I knew have dried up and are gone leaving my supply so as to have to slow my pinning down to every three weeks till I make “new friends”! Most of the time I would run Test-E/Mast/Tren and only cycled the Tren to offset the “climax” issues I had with it (no happy ending at the end of the work!).

Today at 48 my desire is to make a modest gain and do things the right way, meaning eat the way I used to 6 meals, 1.5G protein per pound of body weight, 4 days gym program cycling between heavy low reps and low weight high reps, cycling my eating to gain and cut appropriately. I’m willing to take suggestions and would even be a student to anyone willing to make an example out of this old man to broadcast to others that changes even at 48 are possible.

Here is my question: At my age what cycle(s) would be best if I wanted to add 20lbs over the course of the next 6months? I’m ion this for the long haul and want this meat to stick to the bones, be damned if I will go quietly into old! Thanks for the time!

Lang

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    249 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,233 Posts
    Rep Points

There’s some good guys here bro that are right around your age. They will be able to help you with any info your looking for. You definitely sound like you have the right “never give up” attitude though so your already hitting the ground running.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by AR-15 View Post
    There’s some good guys here bro that are right around your age. They will be able to help you with any info your looking for. You definitely sound like you have the right “never give up” attitude though so your already hitting the ground running.
    If anyone should have given up it’s me, but was a beaten kid that grew to be a walking callous and always get up no matter what. The last year, like for many, have been a shit-show…like always when things get hard I turn to lifting and self-growth. Thanks for the words!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,494 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lang View Post
    If anyone should have given up it’s me, but was a beaten kid that grew to be a walking callous and always get up no matter what. The last year, like for many, have been a shit-show…like always when things get hard I turn to lifting and self-growth. Thanks for the words!
    I hear a few mls of TRT PLUS (200/200 test e/mast e per 400mg/ML) with 50-75mg Proviron could help you make lean gains, fill the pencil with lead and if your training/diet is in check ; could throw in 100mg deca or npp(joint lube/less pain). Making sure you had proper PCT unless TRT for life. If things went well after 12-16 weeks; someone may add some low cost gh 2-3ius w their Trt and hold their gains, feel & look good until their time is up. Of course this is just what I hear...

Max
    #goodluck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    297 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle1 View Post
    I hear a few mls of TRT PLUS (200/200 test e/mast e per 400mg/ML) with 50-75mg Proviron could help you make lean gains, fill the pencil with lead and if your training/diet is in check ; could throw in 100mg deca or npp(joint lube/less pain). Making sure you had proper PCT unless TRT for life. If things went well after 12-16 weeks; someone may add some low cost gh 2-3ius w their Trt and hold their gains, feel & look good until their time is up. Of course this is just what I hear...

Max
    #goodluck
    Great advice.

You got some years on me but that don't mean much. If I was you I'd ease back into it. Start with low dose maybe TRT levels then work your way up!

Deca is awesome for the joints, test drys me out a little and the deca just makes everything better.

Anyway.. Just start slow, 48 is the new 28😉 you got many years to get jacked and feel good!
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Rep Points

As always, Max is got a pretty good plan- however- I got u by 10 years and I still blast and cruise- and when I blast, I blast..... 750-1000 test e/ 3-400 deca/ and never forget proviron- 50 mgs a day blast/25 mgs cruise. And I pretty much fluctuate between 195-215 lbs and a lot of times I sit right in the middle @205- 5'10"tall. Like I said, I'm 58 so..... If u want to chat feel free to PM me. (U may want to add some d-bol in there- matter of preference) And I can find u some new "friends"- lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    496 Posts
    Rep Points

37 is right around the corner for me and ive got a pretty heavy blast coming up. 1gram test/800dhb/50-100mg anavar/ 4iu gh/500mcg igf. Probably don’t do what I’m going to.

I think at 40 hgh is gonna be your best friend. 3-4iu hgh a day, 400-500test, 400npp or deca week, 20mg dbol or 25mg anadrol a day would probably get you pretty close

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Rep Points

At 47 I stick to the basics test, deca and mast. Drop the deca after 8-10 weeks and replace with tren e for 4 or 5. Dose is usually 5 to 600 mg test EW, 400 deca, 500 mast. I also take provi 25mg in the am and pm and var at 50mg ED the last 4 weeks of my cycle. If you are going to try gh IL orange tops are solid. Just posted some blood work after being on them for the last four months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,254 Posts
    Rep Points

First 48 isn't old..HotRod is old...
    The over 40 vet sub has a great deal of guys in the same boat..
    I said that to say this...50 is a huge benchmark..

The crap you got away with in the 20's...to 40's is coming to a close..get ahead of the curve now..Meaning,get labs 1st..check everything before you pin anything..take close attention to cell counts..if you don't have a good Dr. get one..You will need one sooner than you think...

I'm 55 and dealing with some problems but working around them..Not knowing exactly where you are health wise and starting gear is not smart at your age..For example if the White Cell count is high...or even Red Cells..if you're not up on that stuff..get there..enough said about that..

Now,Tren at your age Will beat you up..like nothing else..ask Rod..
    Like many have said TRT would be a great baseline to start with..at 48 a little Test will go a long way..
    Stay on the safe side..stock up on AI's..do bloods regularly..
    Sides at 48 will be harder to handle...injuries too..train smart..
    Your diet will have to work around fighting A1C and whatever the labs reviel..you can't eat like you're 25

Oh..and have fun..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zionoir626 View Post
    First 48 isn't old..HotRod is old...
    The over 40 vet sub has a great deal of guys in the same boat..
    I said that to say this...50 is a huge benchmark..

The crap you got away with in the 20's...to 40's is coming to a close..get ahead of the curve now..Meaning,get labs 1st..check everything before you pin anything..take close attention to cell counts..if you don't have a good Dr. get one..You will need one sooner than you think...

I'm 55 and dealing with some problems but working around them..Not knowing exactly where you are health wise and starting gear is not smart at your age..For example if the White Cell count is high...or even Red Cells..if you're not up on that stuff..get there..enough said about that..

Now,Tren at your age Will beat you up..like nothing else..ask Rod..
    Like many have said TRT would be a great baseline to start with..at 48 a little Test will go a long way..
    Stay on the safe side..stock up on AI's..do bloods regularly..
    Sides at 48 will be harder to handle...injuries too..train smart..
    Your diet will have to work around fighting A1C and whatever the labs reviel..you can't eat like you're 25

Oh..and have fun..
    Zion,

Thanks for the message, I have been on self TRT ever since my 3 cycle which ended at about 26 years old. I have run almost all the basics and found the sweet spot for me for the last 10 years to be TestE/Mast/Tren (Tren cycle and smaller doses than most would run). Tbol when I start a bulk just to increase response and trick my neural receptors into uptake. I’m no pro, but have been around a while know what not to do in most cases but always learning and loving it!

I think my original message was really the same thing you just said, I know that things are going to change soon for me and yes, I am trying to get ahead of the aging curve now so I have a foundation of mass that can be the reserves that take me into my 60’s and if God willing my 70’s. I have also been focusing on range of motion more now than ever, stretching hips, back, legs as I see this to the be fist aging area that those my age are complaining about…me as well to be honest!

Again thanks for the response and would love more feedback.

Lang

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GJ503 View Post
    At 47 I stick to the basics test, deca and mast. Drop the deca after 8-10 weeks and replace with tren e for 4 or 5. Dose is usually 5 to 600 mg test EW, 400 deca, 500 mast. I also take provi 25mg in the am and pm and var at 50mg ED the last 4 weeks of my cycle. If you are going to try gh IL orange tops are solid. Just posted some blood work after being on them for the last four months.
    GJ503, Thanks brother for this, I will give this a try as soon as I get squared away with another gear guy, still waiting to feel out whose who and what’s what. HotRod has shown me some love in that direction and looking into things now but thought of the TestC/Mast/Tren right away, but you suggestion makes me think that the Deca will help with the joints and would love to feel better. I’ve been nursing what left of the gear for longer than I’d like to admit. If I wanted to gain some strength and mass and not worry about being a fatty for a while, would you add some Dbol in the first 2-3 weeks or??? (Sides on all these have never been an issue. Further I have taken and will again caber at .5 twice weekly mostly because I love the way I feel and I know it will keep the milk at bay! Nothing more weird than a little droplet when you squeeze your own nip!

Again thanks (

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts
    Rep Points

Maybe a source has a time machine.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GenixCon2.0 View Post
    Maybe a source has a time machine.....
    That would fing great!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11,494 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
    As always, Max is got a pretty good plan- however- I got u by 10 years and I still blast and cruise- and when I blast, I blast..... 750-1000 test e/ 3-400 deca/ and never forget proviron- 50 mgs a day blast/25 mgs cruise. And I pretty much fluctuate between 195-215 lbs and a lot of times I sit right in the middle @205- 5'10"tall. Like I said, I'm 58 so..... If u want to chat feel free to PM me. (U may want to add some d-bol in there- matter of preference) And I can find u some new "friends"- lol.
    Oh yeah! Proviron! I forgot, probably because it is like my vitamin..year round use. Only changes mg when blasting. If I am on test(which is always) I use Provi. . Test, Provi , GH are three items I always use. Test/mast works even better for body change but Provi does a little something for that “good test feeling physically & mentally”. Can never have enough tabs!!

Max